1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Faith

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Gabriella, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

faith
    /fāTH/
    noun
    1. 1.
      complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
      "this restores one's faith in politicians"
      synonyms: trust, belief, confidence, conviction, credence, reliance, dependence

I love that word. In my chorus group, we were thinking of songs to do. One of the lead members of the group recently lost her mom to cancer. Another got into a car crash. I wanted something that wouldn’t just sound good, but something that would feel good to sing. Faith!

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Sorry to hear about what your friends are going through. Faith is one of the things that helped me to keep enduring in life through the lowest and darkest times of my life. It still keeps me going.

Whatever song you and your friends/colleagues choose, I’m sure y’all will do great!

3. kim

kim Active Member

Faith is wonderful! Sometimes mine gets weak, but it never fades away.

4. innerperson

innerperson Member

IMO, faith gives us purpose and helps us make sense of all the crappy stuff that happens to us while we are here.

Learning about the afterlife and why we are here has helped me understand why bad stuff happens to us. If I didn't believe in that then life here would be much more difficult.

Faith and politicians in the same sentence got a laugh out of me. :)

5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Yeah, Gabby did a comedic copy and paste without even realizing it :D .