1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Failing As a Psychic

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by georgek, Jan 27, 2017.

1. georgek

georgek Member

The thing which I have always noticed with people, is their lack of faith.

You can do a thousand positive readings and fail by not noticing one.
    It is the ONE they will always look for, to break and fail you.
    They say nothing or very little about your success because their faith is such, that they believe in very little.

This is one reason why I do not like giving readings.

I have done hundreds of readings and challenged many times.
    At first I took the challenges, only to be told to do it again and again.

When all had failed, and they could not fail me, they would say that no one could be that accurate and that I must be hacking into their computers?

They then make you a criminal and threaten to report you to the FBI or CIA.

Some take me seriously and say I am a threat to national security. Which I suppose is flattering!

In one or two occasions I have had threats on my life because I had made fools out of them and they had managed to trace me.

Why Did I Accept Challenges?

As you can see...I write a lot and claim certain things.

Some who cannot see, feel threatened and want to ridicule me into claiming that I am mad or a charlaton.
    They point out that I have nothing better to do, as I must be some despot who makes fun out of them.

I then get a challenge to either prove what I say or to go away. If I stay, I am ridiculed, so I place a post saying:- "Challenge Accepted Please Watch"

My guides protect me, and I sought their help. If I refuse these tests, then I am ridiculed all over the search engines.

I was asked to produce a hurricane in the state of Maine within a week . A task almost impossible but which I accepted. Hurricane Kyle struck Maine in three days as Maine suffered it's worst hurricane in 17 years with claxons and emergency services.

They asked for it again in California to strike within a week.
    Hurricane Julio struck LA in four days. The last one was in 1884

They then asked for a third time, and again it happened.

Did they believe?
    NO!!

So I recorded all the posts, date stamped so if anyone else challenges me, I will not do it again but can post the requests..date stamped with the results also date stamped.
    Yet still after all this...people will not believe and await for something stupid as to trip me up!

So what is it?

spiritual blindness.

Just my thoughts on this. I write what I can, when I can and if people want to hear...then let them.
    If not, I walk away, but not as a failure.

If people cannot believe what they see with two eyes, they are hardly going to accept THREE eyes.

I write because I love the subject and have been conditioned from birth.

Some of my posts are in all the major paranormal books and had been broadcast on American TV (not these though)

George

Kurt Cobain likes this.
  2. Goldie

Goldie Member

Why do some people get excellent readings from psychic/mediums, while others, going to the same mediums get terrible information? What is affecting the outcome?

3. mac

mac senior contributor

I think the perspective of a (spiritual) medium would be helpful here and I've asked a medium friend, a former member of the old ALF website, if she'd join us to offer her personal perspective on this and other issues.

Goldie likes this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

This is a question that I have asked Susanne Wilson, and she tells me that almost anything can affect the quality of a specific reading. Including:

1) The attitude of the person being read. A skeptic, for example, or someone who is deeply grieving may be setting up barriers to getting information through.

2) The medium's health and emotional state. If she/he is ill, troubled, distracted, or in some other way less than at par, the reading can be affected.

3) The relationship between the sitter and the dead loved one. The dead are people, too, and sometimes they simply don't want to communicate.

4) Almost anything at all. She said that sometimes she can't pinpoint what has gone wrong.

I hope your friend will come in as well, Mac, and offer thoughts on this!

5. mac

mac senior contributor

I'm not sure if private mail is working but I dropped you a note some time back on this subject, Roberta - did it arrive?

6. RobertaGrimes

I have been traveling and working for the past two weeks, and overwhelmed, so I don't know. Will you try it again?

7. mac

mac senior contributor

I've just sent it, 8.55 pm AZ....

8. Skye

Skye Member

My thoughts are similar to Roberta's post, in that anything can affect a sitting with a medium. A person may receive excellent evidence on a previous sitting and choose to revisit the same medium at a later date, and be given information which can't be accepted.

I'm not a professional medium by any means, however, those who are can also have similar experiences to those written below.

Speaking from my own experiences when I work with spirit, I have to reach a state of heightened, awareness, so my energy can blend and harmonise with those of a spirit communicator. Should my attention be on personal matters, this can make it harder to create the right conditions that are necessary for mediumship If I've been busy throughout the day and haven't prepared myself beforehand, tiredness can result in not being able to hold on to the link to allow for a coherent communication to come through properly. The relay of spirit's information could become bitty should I fail to maintain a 2 way mind to mind link.

A spirit communicator has to learn how to adjust and blend their energies with those of a medium. Likewise, a discarnate spirit may want to find the right medium for them. One whose vibrations match or are similar to their own.

While it's always preferable mediums play their part and provide the right conditions to offer the best possible outcome for both the spirit communicator and the sitter, the sitter can inadvertently affect the sitting too.

It's helpful if a sitter is open minded and has no expectations of communicating with a particular spirit person. Sometimes a different spirit may jump in and the sitter refuses to communicate with them, thereby ending any form of communication.

It has been said by some mediums that adverse weather conditions can affect the outcome of a sitting.

Mediumship is considered an experiment and as such no medium can guarantee a spirit person will want to communicate. This does happen on rare occasions and the sitting may likely to come to an end.

Goldie likes this.
  9. mac

mac senior contributor

I hope the perspective of a medium helps reinforce the support others have tried to offer concerning communication with loved ones, an issue that's personal to a number of members here on ALF and perhaps also to some of our 'lurkers'.

My approach is that I greatly value hearing 'from-the-horse's-mouth' exactly how it is when a medium is trying to pass on information. And when I say 'medium' I'm meaning a 'spiritual medium', the term used in North America and not a so-called psychic. (although mediums are psychic, the adjective)

Goldie likes this.
  10. RobertaGrimes

Thank you, Skye! And it's good to see you here!!

11. Skye

Skye Member

You're welcome Roberta. Thanks must go to yourself and mac, for helping me re-join.

12. Goldie

Goldie Member

Thank you, Skye for sharing that information. It helps me understand so much better. And Mac, thank you for clarifying "spiritual medium" as opposed to the ones I've had the unfortunate experience of dealing with; Non-spiritual in my opinion.

milahanna likes this.
  13. mac

mac senior contributor

I'm glad my thoughts did help a little. I don't like the North American usage of 'spiritual medium' but I'm stuck with it because others do so I do try to clarify why I feel the way I do.

I won't comment on the practitioners you've met; whether they're 'spiritual' (adjective) or not. Even a practitioner who doesn't facilitate communication between discarnates and incarnates may still be aware of, and/or communicate with, their unseen contacts. But I'm an old-fart traditionalist and that's not a medium in my eyes although that practitioner might reasonably be seen as 'spiritual'.

I'm now going to sound like an LP with it's needle stuck by using the old saying that mediums are 'psychic' (adjective) but 'a psychic' (noun) isn't a medium. The problems come when there's confusion about that, whether it be the practitioner's confusion or the sitter's - or both!

14. Skye

Skye Member

My pleasure, Goldie. Glad to learn my post has been of help in some way.