1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

EVP and physical mediumship

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Jan 15, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

fingers crossed! :)

As an aside, what did you do in your physical circle? Are you the medium for it?

EDIT: This new thread was created by moving postings from the Hampton Court EVP discussion in order to avoid de-railing it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

I'm not keen on claiming the mantle of medium but yes, I play that role. For the last few years, communication has shifted to transfiguration with communicators providing commentary on the phenomena via EVP. Examples of this type of communication during seances are on the site; http://evp-voices.info/archive21c.html. I'd be interested to hear what you make of them.

3. mac

I'll try to take a look/listen later this evening - I've got the link on my 'to do' list.

It's interesting you're the medium for your group as I've often speculated that EVP may be more associated with physical mediums than with ordinary folk, non-mediums like me, as sensitive as a rotten log at the bottom of a murky pond. Bacci appears to be a medium and his old, unpowered valve radio seems not to work when he's not present.

In your group EVP experiments do you find you get results even if you're not taking part, when only helpers are involved, folk not seen as psychics/mediums?

4. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

I agree, there does appear to be a common albeit unknown factor that affects equipment when used by the experimenter, or physical medium.

I did an experiment with digital audio equipment in 2017, to test how it performed with different members of the group, the results were interesting. Out of 8 subjects, 6 had no captures, 2 had significant captures over two rounds of recording. Luck, coincidence, ability? Who knows but to me it does suggest an effect at work, whatever you want to call it.

A few years ago I lent out equipment with a request for users to record for 10 minutes, all were negative for results, versus mine which was positive. However, put us all together for a seance and the results are increased significantly over the same time period. Food for thought.

5. mac

food for thought indeed

Have you also tried working as your usual group but without your presence?

6. mac

I did listen to the audio clips and I could make out some of them but I find it very uncomfortable and demanding listening. I expect that with regular exposure I might tune-in better to the words in them. I guess I don't have a ready ear for such communication.

7. mac

Do you feel that progress is being made with EVP or is it at a level similar to what it's been for years, the noticeable difference being the sophistication of recording equipment that doesn't now add significant noise to a recording?