1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

EVP accounts and discussions

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by ekenda, Jul 1, 2016.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Why your particular interest in the Palace?

2. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

Super Mac, thanks very much!

It’s a wonderful set of buildings with a unique blend of architecture and history, as well of course a plentiful supply of reported paranormal activity. And what’s most welcome is that the staff are very forthcoming about their experiences, which is unusual.

I really would like to hear other people’s stories if they have any.

3. mac

I'm glad I was able to configure the link for you. I do hope you hear from other members too.

As a +30 years Spiritualist I have no doubts about survival, mediumship et al and as I've already mentioned we've discussed EVP and ITC here before. My interest, though, is in why you chose a palace to try to establish EVP. With all trans-dimensional communication there's mostly a wish to know the identity of a communicator and I'm not clear about the value of one involving no familial or friendship relationship.

I'm not doubting that communications via EVP do occur but my understanding is that such communication would/should have relevance for the experimenter(s) although I can see they may not.

What's your position on these issues?

4. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

If you have a moment Mac, have a look on the website. I'm not solely interested in one particular location. I have been holding seances since my late teens and a physical circle since 2005; EVP was a very happy addition to our skill set.

Since I was a young child, I've held a deep fascination for the Tudor period and have studied it for many years. My love of history combined with the desire to be able to talk to the people who actually took part in the events still drives me to do what I do. Personally, I have no need to communicate with members of my family or friends that have passed over, wherever they are I'm sure they're fine.

In my experience you need no relationship or link before contact can be made; intention and approach is far more important.

I shall be giving a talk to a local Spiritualist church this week, they seem very keen to explore the subject which I find encouraging.

5. mac

great explanation - thank you :)

6. mac

I shall take a listen to some of your recordings later in the day, all being well. I don't have a lot of confidence as on other occasions I've found I'm not very 'tuned in' and can't readily discern what's being said. I wish it were otherwise!

7. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

I am quietly confident Mac that you'll be able to follow at least some of the clips you'll hear! I hope you enjoy them.

8. EVPVoices

EVPVoices Guest

Hi Mac, the talk was very well received thank you and I'm pleased to tell that I'll be giving an EVP introductory workshop later in the year.

9. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I have a thought about EVP. Has anyone tried linking a plant to the circuitry in some manner? I would suggest a living thing, such as a plant, would be responsive to thought.

10. mac

I don't know the answer but I'd be surprised if it hadn't been tried that or something similar. Quite what it would demonstrate, though, I'm unsure about; whatever the outcome.

11. genewardsmith

My hope isn't that it would demonstrate anything, but simply that it might be more effective and therefore both more useful personally and more evidential.

12. mac

It's a nice thought but in simple terms, how would that come about?

13. genewardsmith

Like anything else, try try again and see if you can get it to work.

14. mac

Get exactly what to work? Is this work that's been carried out already, a plant in association with EVP?

15. genewardsmith

So far as I know it has not been tried. If it has, it would be nice to hear with what result.

16. mac

EVPVoices account was closed 2/15/2018 at her request