1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Evil spirits?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by EddieRay, Sep 22, 2018.

1. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

Not long ago I was wondering if there was any church or religious group that incorporated a modern day understanding of reincarnation into its belief system. I'm not a religious man, nor much of a follower, but I was thinking if there IS such a group it MIGHT be worth checking out.

I found one known as "Happy Science". It started in Japan some years ago. Anyone heard of it?

I have not given the idea of evil spirits serious consideration but one of the aspects of Happy Science is the practice of rituals to ward off such spirits at the beginning of a church gathering. That is rather off-putting to me but as I said, I haven't given the notion of evil spirits much thought.

So, tell me about them. Do they exist? Are they really evil? Do they incarnate?

2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

There are some threads on shadow men you might appreciate.

EddieRay likes this.
  3. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

Shadow Men sounds interesting. I will spend some time with it.

Also so the term "low energy nasties" used here. Related?

Kurt likes this.
  4. None.

Yes
    Define evil
    Yes

Kurt likes this.
  5. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Member

I know Happy science, they have very very good spiritual anime movies, but some are mixed with very weird things, and the leader of this cult says hes God incarnated and he has a political party in Japan and wants to nuke China and North Korea....so takes what he says with a grain of salt....

Allan Kardec Spiritism talks about reincarnation,good and bad spirits,spiritual laws,mediumship and more i recommend you take a look at it. In fact the term medium was created by spiritism as far I know...

EddieRay likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are trying to flush out the negative energy?

7. Donovan

Donovan Member

I have encountered 'evil' spirits a few times, not the best dream to wake up from, not the best out of body experience to find yourself in.
    They feed off lust, anger, suffering and are nasty pieces of sh** that want people to become weak and fail.
    As a defense, you may want to memorize the Lord's prayer, its the last thing they want to hear.

Kurt likes this.
  8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Well hopefully it was simply a ‘dream’ that you are referring to as it may just simply be a manifestation of your current state of mind. People normally refer to them as nightmares. We all have them especially if there was something going on in our current life that is off track or bothering us. As far as these evil spirits you are referring to, I don’t think any spirit is evil... maybe misguided.. Hopefully you are ok..

9. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

yeah, right! ;):rolleyes:

Kurt likes this.
  10. Donovan

Donovan Member

I realize that most dreams are a product of our brains and memories mixed together in elaborate imaginative ways.
    Nevertheless a person can attract evil/negative spirits from hanging around places (or people) where negative spirits prefer to be, drunken, drugged, violent, immoral places.
    If you interfere with their plans, such as giving someone hope, they can gang up on you.
    There are also good spirits, who are always trying to help.

Kurt likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have had similar experiences.

I do not believe that Christian references work on truly evil spirits.

12. Donovan

Donovan Member

Got any better ideas?
    I haven't tried anything else.

13. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Be a mirror.

It can get disturbing quickly thougg.

Would not recommend if you are trying to advance though.

14. mac

When you have to ask such questions you shouldn't even be dabbling with such stuff. Plainly you don't understand what's happening and you're putting yourself at risk.

Kurt likes this.
  15. Donovan

Donovan Member

you seem quite knowledgable.
    please tell me then, what am i dabbling in and what don't i understand?

16. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

:D

Kurt likes this.
  17. mac

Just about everything as far as I can tell.

Kurt likes this.
  18. Donovan

Donovan Member

mac, as a staff member i think you should know better
    what have i done to elicit such a rude response from you?

19. mac

direct and blunt - I'm not rude. But didn't you get the earlier bit where I said you're putting yourself at risk? If you don't realise that then you're putting yourself at even more risk.

Kurt likes this.
  20. Donovan

Donovan Member

i get that so far you have nothing tangible to offer except false assumptions and fear