1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Escaping "God"(Is reincarnation forced?)

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by connectro, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Wazzup forumites. Just wanted to share some thoughts I've had lately.
    First off: I'm agnostic when it comes to the occult and afterlife(although I have some preferred theories on what may happen after death) but I can't say I really KNOW anything. This is just pure speculation on my part and is posed to those that believe in reincarnation.

Anyway...
    I've read a bit about different belief systems that incorporate reincarnation and what I've gotten out of it is:

1. You die
    2. The soul goes to a non-physical plane that is shaped entirely by your thoughts
    3. It spend some time there(49 days according to tibetan buddhism)
    4. It returns to the ****-hole Earth and reincarnates in order to "learn more and advance spiritually"
    5. Repeat until you manage going back to "The Source"

But...

What if I don't wanna learn more? What if I want to "drop out of school" and live in an awesome dreamland for all eternity?
    Is it possible?
    Are we forced to reincarnate? Or is it a choice?

What do you guys think?

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Welcome to AfterlifeForums! We're glad to have you here! Firstly, before I address your specific questions and concerns, I just want to mention that our answers here are based on evidence, not religion or philosophy. Everything that I tell you below can be proven through 150+ years of scientific research and after-death communication. That's one of the wonderful things about the afterlife: we don't have to believe, we can know!

Your ideas about what happens after death are pretty accurate. If you look through some of the older threads here, you will find a lot of great information about the period in between lives, what the afterlife is actually like, and reincarnation - all of which would probably be of interest to you.

The evidence tells us that we all will continue to learn and grow until we have rejoined the Source/God. The evidence also indicates that this is because we all want to learn! No one forces us to go through this, we choose to. When we die, most of us enter an earthly paradise, known as the Summerland. It is like this world, but void of anything negative. We can do whatever we want there for as long as we want there. There are endless activities in which we can partake.

Sooner or later though, we all get bored with relaxing and doing nothing and feel that we are ready to continue learning and growing. So, we get back to work. Sometimes, that means reincarnating, but other times it doesn't. No one will ever force you reincarnate, but eventually, if you need to reincarnate again, you will want to do it. Now, when you die, you may find out that your spiritual path doesn't necessitate any more earthly lifetimes, and that you can complete the rest of your journey in the Summerland, but there's no way to know for sure whilst still on earth.

Becoming God again happens when we have become perfect, like He is perfect. Eventually, no matter long it takes, everyone of us will except that fact and embrace God. If you are uncomfortable with that idea now though, then please put it aside for the time being. After you die, for as long as it pleases you, you can enjoy your heavenly paradise.

3. Identity

Identity Inactive

Hi!

HAHAHAHA, we appreciate your sheer exuberance to be here. Welcome abroad!

I think Andrew elaborated on the subject matter. But just to add, there is more than one way to learn a lesson, and understand empathy. You do not have to take the most painful route per say, and suffer to learn. I also speculate that as the universe expands, there may be more versions of existence and more life taking place so that we can simply play out any stories we want. However, some may choose to be one with source, and be all that is instead of one possibility. I don't think it gets boring at that stage and you come back but rather that at that point, you will not be an individual you, and other souls may be formed to experience other realms and lessons, and I assume that this process goes forever. I could be wrong, but it's my theory. Maybe Andrew can give some insights.

4. Thanks for the answer!
    Well, I don't wanna get into an ideological battle here. Let's just say that I'm a "skeptical philosopher" that simply questions everything rather than trying to find all the answers.

I guess that makes sense. What is there possibly to achieve when you got everything, right?

Define "perfect".

More opinions anyone?

5. Don't really understand what you mean here

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012