1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Enough of my lurking...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Linda, Apr 2, 2012.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Mac, the evidence suggests that this is one of the many things that vary a lot from person to person. We are eternal powerful minds which are autonomous to a degree that it is difficult for us to imagine from our narrow perspective of earth-life! The evidence suggests that (a) we can travel out of body easily once our bodies are asleep; and (b) we need to confer with our guides nearly every night, although to do that we needn't go far from our sleeping earth-bodies; and (c) most of us want to spend a lot of time in the Summerland while our bodies are sleeping. While there, we get to see family and friends, take classes, consult with our guides, and generally enjoy some R&R from the strain of living our earth-lives. But the frequency and extent of our out-of-body experiences seem to vary a lot from person to person, and for each of us it even seems to vary depending upon what is going on in our lives at the moment. Don't you love discovering the extent to which each of us is loved and respected?

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Sorry, Mac - this was a wording mistake on my part. By regularly, I essentially meant nightly. I was in a hurry, which is why my response was so skimpy, and I didn't proof it. In any case, it seems that we are working all the time at night, although some of it is not strictly communication. For example, we may stop by the Summerland to meet with our guides and plan for the challenges ahead, or even take some classes whilst there. Other times we relax in the Summerland and, still other times, we move throughout the astral realm. Then there are also though who have lucid dreams, in which case we may actually stay in our bodies. There's not really enough evidence (that I am familiar with) to figure out exactly "where" lucid dreams occur. No matter what though, we rarely (if ever) end up just resting in our bodies.

Think about it this way: we never lose consciousness. Yes, we only remember a portion of what goes on with our brains, but we actually are conscious 24/7, no matter where we are. That being said, I would be extreme bored just sitting in my body doing nothing while it slept! :)

I hope this clears up what I meant!

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

And, as I forgot to mention, Mac, it also depends on the person to a certain extent when it comes to communication. Obviously, we all have people (whether we know it or not) with whom we communicate, but some people have more than others. Some people are also more receptive to communication than others. Still, as I mention in my above post, even if we are not strictly communicating all the time, we are doing things that involve communication with Spirit.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Now this is just the reply that resonates with me, Roberta. You make some excellent points in your penultimate sentence "But the frequency and extent of our out-of-body experiences seem to vary a lot from person to person, and for each of us it even seems to vary depending upon what is going on in our lives at the moment."

It's down to individual circumstances. There's no homogeneity in spiritual progression, no homogeneity in our characters, so why would one expect a situation to fit all variables? It doesn't here in the physical so why should it be different in the etheric?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It does clear things up, Andrew, and thank you. I agree with what you've said here.....

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Thanks for this, Carol. Mikey has outlined the situation pretty well but there are many individual and personal details which apply, as discussed with Andrew and Roberta here. Corroboration of details can be very hard under any circumstances but the general principle seems to have been established.

As with all guidance, we're dependent on the understanding of the communicator and then how well that understanding can be conveyed to ourselves. No small task given the complexity of all communication, here in the physical or transdimensionally.

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Linda! I know that we've posted messages to each other several times, but it wasn't until now that I actually saw your whole story here. For some reason, I answered questions in this thread, but I didn't read the beginning. course, I am very sorry for both of your loses, but I am glad that you know the truth - that you will all be reunited again!

One of the things that frustrates me most about Christianity, is that they deny that animals have souls and that they survive death! Of course, your beloved Jill will go to heaven - as will all animals. I don't know how people can live (and even have pets) not believing that?! Besides, animal literally comes from the Latin word animus, which means soul. It makes perfect sense - animals are the very definition of compassion and ultimate love.