1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Enough of my lurking...

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by Linda, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hello there

Enough of my lurking on this wonderful loving website and thought I would say hello to you all. I find reading topics on here and other people’s comments and experiences about the afterlife comforting.

Sighing, I too have had some losses recently. Sadly I lost my partner Tom in October, our dog Jill in December and lost our home in November for emergency rehousing. It has been the most overwhelming time ever.

Tom was/is a kind considerate warm and loving chap who loved nature, gardening and animals. I knew him for around twenty years. We were in an age gap relationship. He was a believer in the afterlife as he used to go to a spiritualist church.

We spent quality time with each other: going on trips, doing mundane things like food shopping, teaching him astrology as well as talking about the afterlife. We used to watch a TV medium in the UK called Colin Fry. We would discuss our life experiences and how it contributed to the way we are in the present. He was a practical wise gentleman.

Because it was an age gap relationship, we knew I would have to face ‘losing’ him, part and parcel of the relationship. That time eventually came. His health deteriorated in September due to kidney problems. On the October the 5th was the day he passed over. He was fine in the morning, but in the afternoon, I found him collapsed in the outdoor toilet. ‘Oh no!’ I cried. He was not breathing; I phoned for an ambulance and had to perform CPR. I had to heave him on to the floor, do the CPR until the paramedics came. They took over and tried to resuscitate him, but it was no use. They shook their heads, indicating he was ‘gone’. I felt stunned. I felt the world suddenly stopped.

Our fourteen year old Jack Russell dog, named Jill, did not recover from grief and the location changes. She became sick and stopped eating in December. Upon the advice of the vet, she was put to sleep, with me there with her. It was heartbreaking.

Since I have moved into my new home, I have had unusual experiences. I have been sensing. I sense daily. Like tingling forehead, tingling nose, energy creamy feeling on top of my head. Feel a presence upon my back frequently sometimes a kind of still, other times a vibrating sensation. Sometimes I can see shadowy movements corner of peripheral vision. Also twice I sensed two separate sweet fragrances. Logically this must be my friend Tom. I do speak to him. Last week I went on a lovely bike ride and then sat in a park. I sensed someone was with me. My right ear tends to click when I pick up a presence.

Just before Tom passed over to the ‘Spirit World’, both he and I saw signs. Two weeks before, my daughter and I visited a theatre to see a famous medium, Derek Acorah, though I did not get a reading. I did this thinking it would be good for my daughter to believe in the afterlife. The week before, when he was on morphine and not acting like himself, he said I will be rewarded in heaven for helping him, as I became his part-time carer. He also had sensations few days before he passed over. He felt someone moving his moving stick from right hand to the left hand. He said “Did you see that?” He felt someone patting his back and body movements. He sort of spoke contemplating starting a new hobby when he crosses over. He said this sort of to himself but I heard but dismissed it hoping it wasn’t a sign. There were some other signs too. I know now he and I unconsciously knew it was his time. Knowing and reading about the afterlife has helped me with my grieving process. But it is still difficult. I can speak to him and I know he can hears me, though I wish I knew what he is up to, what he is thinking feeling. Wish I could see what he is experiencing. I truly miss our in depth conversations and our daily routine. I can sense him now. I love him so.

I sincerely apologise for the long post. :)

2. Identity

Identity Inactive

Hi!

Welcome abroad and thank you for introducing yourself and sharing a part of you with us. It is never easy to lose people as you progress in life, but you never really lose them. They are well and watching over us. Looks like Tom had a head start, and your daughter is also doing great! It's lovely that you have that sensitivity to detect his presence, and it sounds like you guys shared some wonderful times together.

Feel free to post here!

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Linda, I am so glad you posted! And to paraphrase our Abraham Lincoln, a post is never too long - it needs to be long enough to reach the end of it ;-). I am sorry for the loss of your beloved partner, but thrilled for you that your signs have been so clear. Many deaths are preceded by preparatory events and signs, but people seldom see it all so clearly in retrospect. And it seems that nearly every recently-dead person gives signs of survival to loved ones, but often they aren't as easily recognized as Tom's are. I hope it helps you to know that the raw pain of new grief will temper into a softer and more bittersweet emotion as time passes, so you won't always find pain in thinking of your beloved Tom. And you will be with him again, with both of you young and healthy forevermore. The big thing that we learn in studying the afterlife evidence is that earth-life is fundamentally a comedy and not a tragedy because it always has a happy ending.

And thank you for your kind comments about this website. It was founded and it continues to run as a gift to you, dear Linda, so everyone involved is joyous to see you using and enjoying it and finding comfort in it!

4. Don’t be apologizing. Welcome to ALF.

Thanks you sharing some memories with us. I am sorry for the loss of your loved partner. I think, you really miss him.

5. I feel warm and fuzzy inside, thank you all for welcoming me!

It is comforting to sense Tom. And I truly look forward being with him again. In a way, I feel he is still with me but just in a different state of being.

Both Tom and I have always believed in the afterlife and he asked if my daughter believed in that too few days before he passed over. Indeed she does. A few months ago, she dreamt hugging Tom and she believed he was growing strawberries. He loved gardening, the land and nature. I have had several dreams of him too, one where I said ‘I love you’ and he replied ‘I know you do!’

I miss all of us being together as a family unit: my daughter, my partner and our dog. Now it’s just my daughter and I on the earth plane. I certainly look forward for as being together again, as it were.

Also to add, few days after Tom passed over, I dreamt of him showing me a spectacular view of vast valley of green, hills trees and mountains.

Tom and our dog Jill will always live on in my heart. Now I have to slowly find my own feet.

Learning more about the afterlife has given me a new sense of hope. I feel postive about the future. Thank you for welcoming me on board!

6. Welcome! :)

7. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

Welcome and thank you for sharing. :D

8. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Welcome aboard Linda!
    Thank you for sharing your story! You are having wonderful experiences since the passing of Tom. I can relate to how you feel by missing the physical presense, but knowing they are still close gives such comfort and is so helpful in easing the pain of that initial intense grief. We have gone from believing to knowing that we will be with Mikey again someday. That keeps us moving forward in a positive way and "living" life the best we can! :)
    Thanks for joining the gang here! It is an interesting place!
    Carol

9. Annie

Annie Member

I'm sorry about your loss Linda. But at the same time, I'm glad that you were able to see that Tom was having experiences from the spiritual world before his death so that at least you know that he is still "around". When deaths occur suddenly, this just doesn't happen and it's hard to make the transition. I know how difficult it must be but I'm also glad to hear that you still sense him.

10. Yes I do sense him. When I cried last week looking at a photograph of Tom on the computer, I sensed like a subtle arm behind my back. When I went for a bike ride in the countryside and then sat on a bench, I sensed a presence then. I get a lot of ‘physical’ sensations, see very faint like shadow movements at the corner of my eyes. I get stroking on the cheek, tingling on forehead and sense a pressure change near me. I get an array of sensations.

I miss our dog, Jill, too. She was an adorable sociable intelligent dog who was central to our family. She was always included in our daily lives. When Tom passed over, she never recovered from grief, also the fact we faced emergency re-housing too. We lost our home. I think these many changes for our dog was too much. She ate less and less. She was fourteen years old, she was not able to walk far because of arthritis in her feet and that she was partially blind. Eventually she stopped eating.

It was recommended by a veterinarian to put her to sleep. It was a heartbreaking decision, especially when I already lost my partner two months before. I knew I had to let her go and take away her suffering. I was with her when the vet put her to sleep. I held her until she was gone. Tearfully I said to her, ‘Go to Tom, got to Tom.’ I imagined Tom would have been with us at that particular moment. I know she would have joined him in the world of spirit.

I recently dreamt of her with Tom. In the dream I was playing with her and watched her running around in a room with much excitement like she used to do.

It is lovely to know that I will join Tom and Jill again in later in the afterlife, when it the time for me to go. It is a wonderful feeling that my daughter and I will be with Tom and Jill again. I could imagine the excitement. :)

11. Carol and Mikey

Linda,
    I know Mikey has our dogs! Mikey often tells me how he is still playing ball with our golden retriever! That she is beautiful and vibrant again! Oh how he loved this dog when he was here on earth! So, I feel Tom was there to guide and bring your loving pet Home with him! I can't even imagine how great it will be someday when we see everyone again! Mikey always tells me the hug will be off the charts with love! Tears come to my eyes everytime I think about it!
    Carol :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  12. Ohh – I can’t wait for the reunion – I know that I have too!:):D

I get so much joy reading your posts about your wonderful experiences with Mikey. Do we really visit the afterlife during our sleep?

The first words I said to Tom when I met him for the first time on a warm summer’s day in a park was, ‘What time is it?’ He dug out a large pocket watch and told me the time.

The last thing I said to him, ‘I’ll wait for you’. His reply was, ‘You might have a long wait.’ He said this before going to the outside toilet, as he was constipated.

13. Carol and Mikey

Linda,
    Mikey tells me we communicate with the Afterlife in our sleep. This communication does not always occur in the Summerlands. This communication can occur right where you are sleeping too. Mikey says that love makes this communication happen. Often, we are not "aware" of it. Mikey says in Heaven, these "check-ins" are routine. But to us, we are not even aware! So who knows! Interesting anyway! Apparently this communication takes place for our guidance and learning.
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

14. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've heard similar accounts but wonder if it's more accurate to say that we MAY SOMETIMES communicate with our unseen, discarnate friends.

Without those additional words it could suggest it happens routinely each time we sleep - is that what Mikey is suggesting or is it more that there are certain times when such communication occurs for particular reasons?

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

The way I understand it, dear Mac, it happens almost nightly. And, when we're not communicating with our guides and loved ones, we are traveling through the astral realm for one reason or another.

16. mac

I've heard that too, Andrew, but haven't been able to decide if it's accurate. There's no way for us to assess the situation so we have to rely on the guidance of spiritually-knowledgeable teachers and guides. Whose guidance do you follow on this?

17. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I have read several different, independently-quoted works where it is mentioned that communication occurs regularly while we are "sleeping." So mostly, I rely on those who are already deceased for guidance - it is not easy to give you specific names though, I'm afraid.

Ultimately, I think that it is fairly accurate to say that communication occurs regularly.

18. That sounds fascinating that we could be travelling in the astral realms, I would love to learn more about this, as well as the idea we could be receiving spirit communication during sleep.

19. mac

You see the dilemma? We've gone from routinely or always to "regularly" but always without being able to give an authoritative source....

I'm not saying it's not the case but simply asking where we draw our inspiration, which knowledgeable individuals give authoritative explanations. As always I much prefer the spiritually-evolved guidance to that of comparative newcomers.

20. Carol and Mikey

Mac,
    Mikey tells me the communication occurs regularly. So I asked him what does that mean for us here? He said "every night" (as long as you are sleeping). Now, of course I have no way to prove this. My source is Mikey which is direct contact without a "guide" in between. So who knows. I guess the only way to have some validation would be some consistency of this issue. Maybe Roberta can add to this. Consistency is needed as I have nothing to compare this to myself. :)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012