1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Energy

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Hazada Guess, Jan 11, 2019.

1. kim

kim Active Member

Yes, thank-you Mac, for the warning about the link! :) What is click-bait?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't know many details but I think they are links/adverts to draw you into clicking/tapping them which is then to tempt you into making purchases.

I later found this: "Simply put, clickbait is a piece of content that intentionally over-promises or misrepresents in order to pull users onto a particular website. Clickbait generally captures users with a snappy, sensationalist headline — such as “you won’t believe this”, or “you’ll never guess what happened next” — but then fails to deliver on the user’s implicit expectations.

One of the more popular types of clickbait content is to produce “listicles” that aggregate content from other sites in order to pull a wider range of users onto one site."

3. kim

kim Active Member

Thanks, Mac;)

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Probably harmless enough provided you aren't seduced by the attraction of going looking at shopping or whatever. Malwarebytes is very unforgiving of such junk and steers you away from temptation - which is just fine by me! :)

ps On all my computers I have the above software plus AdBlock Plus and Ghostery and I also use 'Unchecky' which removes the tick/check mark from website tick-boxes where it's already enabled by default. I don't make many recommendations but for computer users I wholeheartedly endorse each of those packages. Some of them are also available for handheld devices such as phones and tablets.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019