1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

ego

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by jimrich, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Got it. Next person who tells me I have lost my mind must be telling me so in a loving and kind way.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yes, if it happens on this website. Perhaps you are indeed beginning to get it!

3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Keep helping to derail posts? I tried to make a reasonable response to one of your posts (that I actually found interesting) that YOU yourself derailed on a thread and a new thread had to be created. Then I log back in at the wee hours of the morning and you are spilling endless of drivel that honestly at this point I will just remain silent on from here on out. But if you further feel the need to post your condescending comments towards the website owner or the Admin that is helping to manage the website I will say something regardless of the henchmen that may or may not back up what you’re saying.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I’ll relieve myself of this thread.

5. RobertaGrimes

I hope your day will be lovely, dear wonderful PB!!

6. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I meant that I would be helping keep derailing the topic further if I were to reference posts here in response to yours. I was not speaking of you derailing the topic. It wasn't written in condescension. I mentioned if you'd really like to discuss that topic, that it would be best we do so elsewhere so I wouldn't keep helping derail the original post's topic further.

7. RobertaGrimes

Dear Convolution, you have no need to justify yourself. Be aware that when you feel that urge it is just your ego talking and you can safely let it go. I would have posted in this thread if there ever had been the time for me to do it, and one of the things I would have said is that apparently the ego is just a protective artifact that comes with the body and is meant to help to keep us alive by making us feel defensive and self-protective. You can indeed make it sit down and shut up, and you will be much happier when you do!

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

9. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I was agreeing with you, Convolution.

10. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Is the thread about "egoism" ? Just looked it up in the dictionary, which defines it as "the doctrine that we have proof of nothing but our own existence". Sorry to catch on so late.