1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

earthbounds

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Sep 25, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Lola says: September 24, 2019

"Roberta mentioned that there were around 40,000 different versions of Christianity now. I thought there were about 10,000, and I thought 10,000 was astronomical, but 40,000 is hard to even imagine. Who dreams up all these different versions? Apparently, they all feel that theirs is the correct one. Most of these people will seek out some type of verification that the belief they have chosen will be the real deal. Is this how some “consensual realities” come into the picture? Obviously, there are other consensual realities that have nothing to do with religion, but I have a feeling that a great many of them are formed out of fear."

to which mac replied: September 24, 2019

"Undoubtedly some ‘consensual realities’ will come about as described, Lola, but the etheric dimensions are also made up of ‘places’ that were not created in such a way."

to which Lola responded: "When you said there are other places that were not created in such a way, could you elaborate a little? For instance, how were they created and by whom? I heard they were created by groups with similar desires and thoughts about what they would like to see, but I’m not sure about this."

2. mac

mac Staff Member

The easy bit first - I don't know how they were created and by whom! :D But I'm just teasing and there's more to say. This is where it gets a bit more tricky....

It's hard to get away from our human notion of places. What we are familar with are locations whose appearance and nature have been brought about mainly by the actions of geology and climate. We live on a huge lump of rock that's been shaped by those and other forces over a time frame we can scarcely imagine let alone understand. The so-called afterlife dimension ain't like that at all and that's where things get harder.

From our friends, teachers and guides unseen we've been told that 'thought makes material'. We 'think' something into existence and by the continuing power of our thought we can hold it there. For example, after our passing if we have a strong desire for a home like the one we knew, or one that has particular qualities we'd like, it is likely to be there for us. Our strong desire, perhaps aided by the thoughts of someone else who knows what we'd like, can create that dwelling. It's a simple example that's been used before to illustrate what happens after we first arrive in the etheric dimensions. But you asked about 'consensual realities' and the following are my thoughts and ideas - I can't be any more definite than that.

We've often heard about wonderful scenery, beautiful places, flowers and trees etc. They wouldn't have come about without the intervention of someone or something. The afterlife dimension often appears to resemble that of the earth. That's surely not a coincidence and neither is it because the so-called summerland is on another globe like our own. It's been created consensually by individuals or things and either happens to look very similar to ours or has been created to mimic it, to copy what was/is liked . Consider one practical example.

Mikey Morgan was a snowboarding young man who loved mountains. 'Over there', after he passed over, we learn how he still loves snowboarding. Presumably he visits mountains with snow in much the way he used to do here. Those mountains - I suggest - likely existed before he started using them and likely weren't created recently by his snowboarding buddies but even if they were created they would equally likely have been created consensually.

If they were there before he started snowboarding on 'em then somebody else, something else, created them and has held them in existence; they don't exist as a natural outcome of the geological and climatical forces that created ours here in this physical world.

So, yes Lola, some consensual realities resulted from fear but others resulted from love.

3. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Thanks, Mac. I forgot about Mikey Morgan's love for snowboarding and that he said he is still doing it. (I read his book years ago). I guess I'm still in complete awe over being able to create any kind of meaningful reality there. An astral traveler by the name of Gordon Phinn found what he called a "surfer's heaven" where people were using surfboards on an actual ocean. How about people who see an actual hell and insist it's real? Are they creating it themselves, or has it been there all along - maybe from the days when many were sure it was an actual place due to religious teachings?

4. mac

mac Staff Member

That's one more thing I don't know, Lola, but I think you've suggested a very good possibility.

5. Lola Hoovler

If that's the case, then it will eventually dissipate after people stop thinking about it and fearing it, as it will no longer have any sustenance, for lack of a better word. It must be our collective thoughts that keep these things "real." If I'm right about that, then all the "crappy" realities are also sustained by the collective thoughts of others

6. mac

mac Staff Member

It's a nice notion, Lola, but this situation isn't a recent event. Accounts of the existence of such regions go back quite some time - historical stuff about which I don't have details. Just like the desirable areas that are communally held in existence, so are the regions we regular folk wouldn't want to be and shouldn't expect to be.

It's arguable that both 'good' and 'bad' places have existed so long that we'd say they've been 'there' (wherever that is) forever. The words we use to try to express our ideas about these concepts don't work that well! Rather like asking 'who' created 'em or 'when'.

What do we mean when we ask 'who?' ? o_O

How could we understand what 'when?' means in a system that's been there forever? ;)

7. Lola Hoovler

Yes, the system has been there forever, but it must change from time to time. It can't be static if it is dependent on other's thoughts. The problem is that our vocabulary isn't adequate to discuss something that is so different from our physical reality. That's why I used the words "who" and "when." I didn't know what other words to use. I don't even know the actual meaning of the word "God" and get frustrated when people describe "him" as if they just had lunch with him. I only wondered if the concept of hell resulted in people actually experiencing it if they incorporated it into their belief system

8. mac

mac Staff Member

To progress the last point, Lola, would first need the word and concept of 'Hell' being closely defined. My best guess is that Hell is a state of existence not necessarily dependent on a prior belief in it.

I didn't mean that a system couldn't change but change may be notional rather than real and comparatively insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

9. Lola Hoovler

I meant the Christian idea of hell - not just a dismal "place" with a low vibration. I believe that probably most change is likely notional.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope someone joins us in this converation. :)