1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreamt About It Once

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Lady Shey, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

I am actually hesistant when it comes to sharing these things because I know no one would believe me because ever since I was a child, according to my mother-- she would often describe to me how creative I get when it comes to painting and drawing. I also love writing poems and all. So, it got me thinking, "What if it was just my creative mind?" But there is this ache in my heart that questions my own questions: "Can you even create emotions?" I couldn't have suddenly just felt all those... there must have been a source as to why that dream felt so surreal.

The only people I have shared this dream was my two sisters and four close friends. And to add it up, I'm Asian. The person in my dream was obviously Caucasian...why did my soul transfer to an Asian woman? Does that even happen? There must be a grave reason behind it, since that dream did not end very well.

Widdershins3 likes this.
  2. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

I went from half-Asian/half-Caucasian to Caucasian in the Gold Rush era lifetime and the one immediately following it, so I'm guessing that race is an earthly thing and of no consequence in the afterlife. Well, other than as a way to experience karma while we're here. Ditto for disabilities like your vision problem in the lifetime where you lost your love to assassination.

And I'm an artist, sculptor and writer who's asked myself the same questions you have about my past life dreams being a creation of my own mind. But I keep coming back to the deep realness of those dreams. They didn't have any of the made-up fictional feel of even my best writing. When I'm really in the flow of writing fiction, I experience what my characters are going through, but what you described above is beyond that, to me.

Lady Shey likes this.
  3. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

I see. Thank you for that. So it has nothing to do with race after all. But I do believe there is a reason to all of this.

By the way, are moles also indicative of past lives? I just realized it tonight that I have a very obvious mole beside my right eye. It has been kind of my trademark. People would always notice my mole, and they find it attractive. Could it be a mark of my previous vision in that life? Oh, and I also, apparantely, have a bad vision. I wear glasses. Can't see clearly without it.

4. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

That's interesting. I've read about birthmarks and moles marking the site of a fatal wound from the life immediately before the current one. It appears frequently in Ian Stephenson's (I think I have that name right--no time to look him up) research with children from India and has been quoted in a number of books on reincarnation.

5. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I have done a lot of psychological work on my self and my unpleasant childhood past so my current understanding of dreams, memories, repressed feelings and past TRAUMA is that dreams sometimes offer a traumatized person an opportunity to work on or resolve painful, frightening, unhappy feelings and memories from their CURRENT life (and maybe a so-called past life). All of my bad and disturbing dreams are about my current incarnation or life and a very bad and nasty childhood. When fear and pain prevents us from seeing, feeling and consciously remembering horrible stuff that happened to us during childhood and up, we might resort to working on those traumas in dreams, day-dreams, fantasies, random conflicts with other, etc. (road rage!) BECAUSE we cannot or will not face and deal with our original, childhood trauma and pain. It's often referred to as DENIAL. The painful, frightening event(s) of the past (in this lifetime) is unbearable so the trauma victim resorts to safer and easier ways of facing and resolving their early childhood wounds in unconscious ways such as with or in a "dream".
    I am not saying that you, or anyone, is living in Denial about what happened to you as a child but this is what I found for myself. It is quite possible that painful/disturbing memories and feelings from a "past life" could emerge in dreams, etc. but I found that my own, current lifetime contains more than enough trauma and past misery to explain why and how I've felt all these years but never understood why until I entered THERAPY and found the courage and tools to honestly examine and finally understand my rotten past in a rotten family. Now that I know why I feel like I do/did, it's much easier to deal with past traumas and find a lot of happiness and peace in my current life and beyond. Remembering what actually happened to me, as a helpless child, is the single most important thing I've ever done and most of the bad dreams and buried pain is GONE NOW.
    good luck with understanding your self and your (troubled) past.

pandora97, Ski and Lady Shey like this.
  6. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

This is my first thought whenever I would remember that dream. Given that I'm a student in psychology, I have considered it as a possibility. Your statement speaks very Freudian as it is in the Psychoanalytic Therapy that I'm familiar with when it comes to a dream's latent content.

7. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

I see. The only thing I've heard and read of is about birthmarks being indicative of someone's past life.

8. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Hello. It has been a while.

I might have discovered something about this so called past life of mine.

Recently, my sister had talked about an old sewing machine in our house. I was telling her that as a child, I have always been curious about that sewing machine. I played for it, and would often sleep beside it. My grandmother would always place the sleeping mat beside it, since the room that I always slept in the afternoon was where it was stored. I would always stare at it whenever I could not sleep.

Later on, I realized that I was good with sewing. No one taught me how to do it. It was like, one day, whenever I would have broken clothes, or clothes that I would like to fix or adjust, I would sew them myself. But its not like it is that hard to sew. Somehow, I just find it very natural to do.

Then, I remembered one part of my dream where I saw the red-haired man for the very first time: I was harvesting plants. At first, I assumed it as a wheat plant, since it looked one when the setting sun shined it with a glowing yellow of a color that resembled wheat. But then, when I searched the field of linens--flax plants. The plants that I was harvesting were closest to a field of flax plants. And I also read that women that take sewing and weaving as a way of living in those times, easily loose their sense of sight because they would usually work day and night, and in candle light only. The woman in my dream has a problem with her eyesight, especially at night.

That is all. Do tell me your thoughts. I am open about it :) have a good night! X