1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamt About It Once

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Lady Shey, Jan 21, 2018.

1. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

For the life of me I can't now recall which teacher/guide it was (probably Silver Birch) but he'd made the point very clearly that incarnations on the planet we call Earth are indeed eagerly sought out by discarnates eager to more-quickly make spiritual progress.

I'd guess the experiences found here are unique as are the struggles of our corporeal lives. The teacher, or another, also said that we have effectively 'competed' against others also wanting to be here by the strength of our resolve to achieve this - I'm sorry I've had to use my own words here because I don't have the book from which to quote.

Lady Shey likes this.
  2. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Here goes the dream that has bothered me since I was in 8th grade. First, I had the dream when we were on a vacation in the mountains. It was a cold place with a lot of pine trees, by the way. We had just recoinciled with my father at that time. It was the first I had seen him after so many years.

There are two perspectives in my dream. The first one was when I was seeing myself into the eyes of another woman. On some other parts, I seem to be floating in the sky or beside the supposed me as I silently watched them.

The clothing looked greek. But the windmill looked medieval. So I am assuming that the era must have been at the end of an era, and was the start of another.

The dream began when I was with my father (bald and almost malnourished). We were trying to harvest anything that we could on our dried-up farm. I was dirty, and sweaty. My blonde hair was sticking all over my face while my only dress--a light blue dress that seemed to be fading into a white color already, was dirtied and had a lot of holes in it. My hands also had a lot of blisters.

The sun was setting, and I can vividly remember that we had an old windmill. Another thing is that I remembered worrying that I couldn'nt see well in the dark--and it was almost as if I was blind and had a blurry vision, and that my father and I should hurry-up and harvest all that we could make do with because the tax collector would soon come to collect money from us.

And so, on that day, the tax collector came. But he was with some kind of a ruler, a lord rather, around our city. The lord had a very striking red hair. I remembered it well because it was still visibly striking even after being struck by the setting sun's light. And so, my father couldn't pay for the tax. He then offered me, his daughter that couldn't see very well to the lord in our area. They made me kneel as my father begged for his life to be spared in exchange for using me as payment--a payment of a slave. I was assumming that I would immediately be killed by the lord since he seemed to not pleased by my father's action. The woman in my dream felt scared because she knew that the lord was somewhat a cruel and arrogant one. He can kill anyone he wants. But he didn't kill her. He didn't kill me.

When our eyes met, he said that he would take me back with him, to his palace or mansion, I can't quite remember. But the place was extravagant indeed.

This is just the 1st part though.

3. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

WOW. Are you saying that the SOUL who had been reincarnated had this STRONG WILL to rewrite or continue or resolve what had happened to it in its previous life?

4. mac

mac long-term contributor Staff Member

No, it wasn't about reincarnating.... The guidance was about the fundamentals that bring us here to undertake a human life in this world - it wasn't about returning for further lives.

Lady Shey likes this.
  5. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Oh, I see, I see.

6. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

That's interesting so far, Lady Shey. I looked up oldest known windmill and found this on Wikipedia: "The windwheel of the Greek engineer Heron of Alexandria in the first century is the earliest known instance of using a wind-driven wheel to power a machine." So your dream could have been, as you said, as the Classical era was winding down and the Dark Ages were beginning. I'm doing genealogical research right now on the period just as the Roman empire was falling and the brutal social order you describe is familiar to me. It was to continue for a very very long time, unfortunately. That little half-Chinese girl I recall being in the mid to late 1800's was treated terribly and her mother had been sold by her own parents into prostitution. A poor woman or girl was property for most of our society's history, unfortunately.

It also sounds like your memory has that vividness that has characterized my own past life "dreams" and that's made them stay in my memory for decades. I hope you'll post more about it.