1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreamt About It Once

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Lady Shey, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Hello! Is it possible to just dream about a PAST LIFE once? I just had dream years ago, and I couldn'r forget about that vivid dream. Ever.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

No one can really answer that for you; all anyone can do is offer her/his opinion.
    I don't know if reincarnation actually exists/occurs, but if it does then it is my opinion that it may be possible to dream about a past life, whether once or more than once.
    From your question, it seems to me that you may be thinking it's possible to dream about a past life, but only if you do so more than once. If that is what you're thinking, may I ask why? Or if not, may I ask what you are thinking?

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I guess you might dream just one time about a past life but you may be having the same dream regularly yet not recalling it when you wake. Hence it seems like just once.

Think on that we have no idea how many dreams we may have. We recall some of them but how many is some?

We may have many dreams and/or the same, recurrent dream but one(s) we don't recall - how could we know?

4. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Hello everyone. I appreciate all of your replies.

I just don't think that dreaming about something once already means that you had travelled back into your past. And that is the sole reason as to why I am asking if it is possible. But you do have a point. Dreams are not always remembered.

Eversince 2011, I couldn't get that dream off of me. It felt as if I floated away from my body--like I was seeing things on another person's body. The emotions I felt during that dream felt very real that I wanted to cry when I woke-up. My chest felt so heavy and painful, and it was as if my soul was slowly slipping towards my body. I literally saw the ceiling. It was hazy, but I felt light headed as I slowly saw the ceiling going further away from me.

5. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Hello. Thank you for answering. From what I have read, it seems that past lives are reoccurring dreams...? But I think I still lack knowledge about it. I don't know... I just felt like I needed more PROOF to prove that I have indeed dreamed about my past life. I don't want to jump into conclusions.

6. mac

I agree and it must remain at least a possibility because there is no certain reason it can be ruled out.

Others have reported similarly vivid experiences that feel more than just dreams, experiences that remain vivid years later. Quite where you go from there isn't clear but for some it leads to their investigation into the mysteries of life, death and what follows.

If you're drawn in that direction ALF is a good place to begin an investigation. :)

7. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Well, for starters, the dream seemed awfully tragic. I woke-up feeling very hurt, and my chest was hurting so bad--you know that feeling when you've lost someone so dear? Like my chest was stabbed hard. It was like someone has squeezed it so hard.

8. mac

I get the vividness of what you experienced but in my view nobody can tell you anything definitive. If it was a glimpse of a previous life, maybe even a death, you're still left with what you do with it.

I don't have any answers I'm afraid.

bluebird likes this.
  9. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

You're right ☺ I guess I just wanted someone to share my experience with. I've been keeping it all my life because no one around me would open their minds about a past life experience.

10. mac

ALF is a good place to find folk who listen and care. There are other threads here where past life discussions have been held. Maybe some of our members will offer comments that WILL help you where I've been unable to.

11. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Just an FYI: I went to a great seminar with Karen Noe (www.karennoe.com) this weekend and she said ask whoever we are trying to contact to contact us in a dream before we go to sleep and also ask them to wake us up after so we can remember. I tried it last night and it worked. Several dreams from the love of my life.

Lady Shey likes this.
  12. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can tell you for sure what your experience was, but you are more than welcome to share your experience(s) here. Welcome to the forum.

13. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

For a long time, I just had one dream of a past life and I asked all sorts of questions of myself about it. But after a while, I had another one of the same lifetime and then, after another interval, I had a couple of real life experiences connected to that humble girl I'd been in the late 1800's.

Remembering, for me, was a process. And there's another lifetime that happened right after that one that I've had just one vivid dream about. I just long to know more about it, because the person I was in that lifetime was from a very wealthy family and I might be able to trace her if I just had more information. But who knows? I could dream about her tonight. Or in a decade.

14. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Would try this one when I have the courage to ☺ Thank you. The last picture that I have seen in my so called past life dream did not end very well. It was so painful for me. It even involved loosing a loved one through murder. It was horrible and sad.

15. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

I see. ☺ Thank you for sharing.

The dream that I had experienced only happened once. And it was for that reason that I started being doubtful and anxious of what it was about. Through the years, I became so endulged in that dream--I wanted to know more about what really happened. I also realized that there are certain parts of my dream that are currently happening in my present modern day life. I'm curious, but I couldn't take off the fact that someone DIED in my dream. Someone was MURDERED right in front me. And I was to be blamed by a crime that I did not... or probably did. I was feeling hurt, pain, and sadness as I sat on a cold damp stone-floor.

These are my reasons as to why I'm also afraid and doubtful all these years.

16. Widdershins3

If people from that lifetime are around you now, it might explain why the dream was allowed to happen. Is it possible to process the negative feelings it left you with by trying to make your situation or your relationship with people better now? I was grateful that I had the information about folks very close to me when I had that single dream of having been the wealthy young woman. The 3 of us had so much karma together and knowing what had happened in the early 1900's gave me insight into both men's personalities. Interestingly, they came back into this lifetime at similar ages--one of them in his late teens and the other in his 50's--as they'd been in my dream. I'd had the dream before meeting them and recognized them both almost immediately, they were so much like their earlier selves in personality.

I think, looking back, that I handled the difficult period with them in this lifetime a lot better than I had last time around. Then, I committed suicide in my 20's, but this time, though I went through years of severe depression, I refused to end my life and finally got better and had a good life. To me, that's the main reason why I pay a lot of attention to past-life dreams and present day evidence--it can help me to handle the karma better, smarter.

Lady Shey likes this.
  17. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

karma is a trap, which means incarnating on Earth is

18. Widdershins3

I disagree. It's all a learning experience that makes us stretch and grow. Karma isn't just bad stuff--where did you hear that? It's also amazing, wonderful things that enrich life and bring joy. You're looking at it in a very limited way and seeing only the bad if you think it's "a trap." I'm currently reading one of UK medium Gordon Smith's books and his guides and the departed spirits he contacts for people tell him that a lifetime here is eagerly sought after by souls who want to progress quickly. Earth is just one of many places where souls can enter the world of matter and take submersion courses, but it's a tough one if you choose challenging life plans.

BTW, the karma I had with those 2 men also included wonderful times and much warmth and laughter. We 3 all grew as a result of just the 2 lifetimes we've spent together (that I've recalled so far) and if we find ourselves together in another life, I'm hopeful that we'll have worked out the worst of the negative stuff and can spend time together having fun. We have a lot in common.

Nirvana and Lady Shey like this.
  19. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

You are amazing. I have been studying about psychological disorders for a year or two now. I am actually majoring psychology as of today. I respect and absolutely admire you for standing-up and battling against depression, and ended-up finding the will to live this current life that you have.

I see that you have had several past life dreams already. I had odd dreams, too. But they are not the same with my so called "past life dream". But I did noticed that it had one thing in common: the setting would always have a church or cathedral in it.

Would you all mind if I share to all who are currently reading this thread, the past life dream that I experienced? ☺ I kept this for a long time, and I had no one to tell it too that would not think of me as someone who makes-up stories or dream about weird things...

20. mac

Go ahead - it's your thread. :)

Lady Shey likes this.
  21. mac

For the life of me I can't now recall which teacher/guide it was (probably Silver Birch) but he'd made the point very clearly that incarnations on the planet we call Earth are indeed eagerly sought out by discarnates eager to more-quickly make spiritual progress.

I'd guess the experiences found here are unique as are the struggles of our corporeal lives. The teacher, or another, also said that we have effectively 'competed' against others also wanting to be here by the strength of our resolve to achieve this - I'm sorry I've had to use my own words here because I don't have the book from which to quote.

Lady Shey likes this.
  22. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Here goes the dream that has bothered me since I was in 8th grade. First, I had the dream when we were on a vacation in the mountains. It was a cold place with a lot of pine trees, by the way. We had just recoinciled with my father at that time. It was the first I had seen him after so many years.

There are two perspectives in my dream. The first one was when I was seeing myself into the eyes of another woman. On some other parts, I seem to be floating in the sky or beside the supposed me as I silently watched them.

The clothing looked greek. But the windmill looked medieval. So I am assuming that the era must have been at the end of an era, and was the start of another.

The dream began when I was with my father (bald and almost malnourished). We were trying to harvest anything that we could on our dried-up farm. I was dirty, and sweaty. My blonde hair was sticking all over my face while my only dress--a light blue dress that seemed to be fading into a white color already, was dirtied and had a lot of holes in it. My hands also had a lot of blisters.

The sun was setting, and I can vividly remember that we had an old windmill. Another thing is that I remembered worrying that I couldn'nt see well in the dark--and it was almost as if I was blind and had a blurry vision, and that my father and I should hurry-up and harvest all that we could make do with because the tax collector would soon come to collect money from us.

And so, on that day, the tax collector came. But he was with some kind of a ruler, a lord rather, around our city. The lord had a very striking red hair. I remembered it well because it was still visibly striking even after being struck by the setting sun's light. And so, my father couldn't pay for the tax. He then offered me, his daughter that couldn't see very well to the lord in our area. They made me kneel as my father begged for his life to be spared in exchange for using me as payment--a payment of a slave. I was assumming that I would immediately be killed by the lord since he seemed to not pleased by my father's action. The woman in my dream felt scared because she knew that the lord was somewhat a cruel and arrogant one. He can kill anyone he wants. But he didn't kill her. He didn't kill me.

When our eyes met, he said that he would take me back with him, to his palace or mansion, I can't quite remember. But the place was extravagant indeed.

This is just the 1st part though.

23. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

WOW. Are you saying that the SOUL who had been reincarnated had this STRONG WILL to rewrite or continue or resolve what had happened to it in its previous life?

24. mac

No, it wasn't about reincarnating.... The guidance was about the fundamentals that bring us here to undertake a human life in this world - it wasn't about returning for further lives.

Lady Shey likes this.
  25. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Oh, I see, I see.

26. Widdershins3

That's interesting so far, Lady Shey. I looked up oldest known windmill and found this on Wikipedia: "The windwheel of the Greek engineer Heron of Alexandria in the first century is the earliest known instance of using a wind-driven wheel to power a machine." So your dream could have been, as you said, as the Classical era was winding down and the Dark Ages were beginning. I'm doing genealogical research right now on the period just as the Roman empire was falling and the brutal social order you describe is familiar to me. It was to continue for a very very long time, unfortunately. That little half-Chinese girl I recall being in the mid to late 1800's was treated terribly and her mother had been sold by her own parents into prostitution. A poor woman or girl was property for most of our society's history, unfortunately.

It also sounds like your memory has that vividness that has characterized my own past life "dreams" and that's made them stay in my memory for decades. I hope you'll post more about it.

Lady Shey likes this.
  27. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Hey. I haven't been here for a very long time as I am busy with school. Thank you for researching about it. I really had a hard time knowing which era that dream occured. I wasn't sure if it was in the end or in the beginning of a new era... Turns out it was in the middle of both.

Here is the continuation of my dream:

After selling me to the lord, I worked as his personal maid or slave. I am not quite sure but it seemed to be like that as I think I would always bring him fresh clothes and water in a basin. And it seemed so blurry for the entire that we were together. But the thing is, I remember the man with the red hair--the king or lord--whom I expected to be aggressive and scary--to be gentle and kind towards me. He was cold at first, because I remembered him not minding me when I would always go to serve him in his room. His room was cold and had stone walls and a small window. It had a plain bed and a small table beside it, if I remember it correctly. I know that everyone fears him, and that he has a lot of political enemies.

Then my dream skipped to the time that we secretly got married? This is the time in my dream where it got very blurry. It was night time, and we were at a place that seemed like a temple or church...? It was night at that place, but something made it bright that my poor sight was able to grasp the entire scene. It was shinning, and I think the whole place had shinning stones if I there is such thing that existed before. It was in this moment that I also saw myself floating, watching them. And at times, I would go back to the woman's body. I can remember him kissing me, and also, no matter how awkward this sounds, I also saw, and felt for a bit how we made love. Despite every opposition from every corner of his land or kingdom, he still married me. There was even a time wherein one of his high officials was questioning as to why he has to leave his fiance and allied family for a peasant like me.

Then it skipped to one dreadful night. When we were asleep, I saw how an assassin went inside our room. The assassin then stabbed the red haired man to death. For that whole scene, I was like watching from above. Then when I blinked, I was back in the woman's body and I was crying heavily while my chest was hurting... to the point that I couldn't breathe anymore. I couldn't see anything as I was almost blind at night--the very reason why my father gave me up to be killed. I was spreading my hands all over the bed and then I felt his life-less body with blood all over it. I screamed for help while crying. And so the guards immediately came. But instead of finding the culprit, they arrested me.

My chest felt so heavy--I've never felt so sad and devasted. I also felt like my heart is about to burst from my chest. The woman that i was in really felt so hurt. The next scene that I saw was that the woman was thrown inside a dungeon. Her feet was tied to a chain, and she felt so empty at that time. I can also feel the dampness and coldness of the stone floors that time. It was so painful... then I saw myself moving closer to her face, then I was gradually going back to consciousness.

The funny thing is that when I opened my eyes, i saw myself floating...? My face was very close to the roof of my double deck, and then I was slowly going down, feeling light headed, but the ache was still in my chest while my heart was beating so fast.

28. Widdershins3

Wow. That's so vivid and realistic...!

29. Lady Shey

Lady Shey New Member

Yes. It was as if I re-lived what happened. I only dreamed about it once though, so I wasn't really sure what it was. But I never, ever forgot about it.

30. Widdershins3

That stand-out quality of your dream--the deep emotions it evoked that have kept it in your memory for years and years--is what makes me pretty sure that it's a dream of an actual experience you once lived. I mean, who remembers most dreams more than a short time? Thank you so much for taking the time to share it here, since, like you, I don't have many people with whom I can share my own experiences like it. Not without sounding like a loon, that is:confused:o_O

It's cool that you're studying psychology. You sound young enough that you might just live to see science recognize the existence of the soul. We need a new generation to rise up and smash the shibboleths of the old guard. They're based upon snotty prejudice, fear and, above all, denial. The older I get, the funnier it seems to me when I hear one of them pontificating, nose in the air, about subjects they willfully avoid/deny. My hubby the science buff once actually said to me that he "doesn't have to research life after death, since it's a silly superstition"...!

Lady Shey likes this.