1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by janef, Dec 31, 2013.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friend, this reads as if you were having a communication dream but fighting it, which is why your grandmother deteriorated that way. Is the memory still clear even a couple of days later? A week later? That's one way to tell a communication dream from one that isn't. Her message is right-on, though!

2. Filip

Filip New Member

Janef and Roberta,thank you for your answers!
    Yes,it is very clear about a week later!!
    So maybe it is what you describe...

3. Fisher

Fisher New Member

There are those who state we go into the spirit world (my best description) while sleeping. I wonder if it’s true, and if so, maybe the reason I don’t remember my dreams on a particular night, is because I’ve been in class all night…

When I do remember my dreams, I guess I can think of it as having been a ‘ snow ‘ day…

4. There are, according to many, small dreams and big dreams. Small dreams are like our subconscious passing gas, it will take our day to day worries and weave some absurd story around it. Once in a while we get a big dream, this is where we actually recall parts of our nighttime journey to the astral realms, or where our guides give us a message. Big dreams will usually be a dream that you will vividly recall even years, and in my case, decades after having the dream. And often big dreams will nudge your worldview, even drastically.

And if I haven't already done so, welcome to our forum.

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

5. janef

janef Moderator

Last night I had a dream of myself in a different family. I was much younger and planning a wedding for my sister. It was about a lost receipt that was needed and it had been recovered by the police. They were interviewing me and I was explaining I was the daughter of the people on the receipt, and I gave them the address on River Street. (???)

My husband woke me up, said I was talking in my sleep. It was 8am and I was in the deepest sleep which is odd for me at that time, I am usually up by 7:30. I am feeling like I was living in another life in that dream... the people are nothing like my own family, and I was different also. I still have a weird feeling about it.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

That's interesting, dear Janef! There are some reports of bleed-throughs between one life and another, and it might be that this is what you experienced. Did you notice whether you were in the same time period as this one?

7. janef

janef Moderator

Thanks for your reply Roberta.... I didn't notice it being a different time period, just the surroundings were not familiar to me, and the people whom I stated were my parents. I think it was just a "mental garbage" dream... I was going over it with my daughter and we got some clues. I will check out the bleed thru dreams... interesting.

8. Last night I had my first nightmarish dream in decades. It was prompted by some family drama the night before and trouble falling asleep. In the dream I was trapped in this household with really weird people. I was so stressed out I finally flipped and just started yelling "Ahhhh!", at which point they all vanished and I woke up not knowing if I really howled out loud or just in my dreams. Though I did not wake anybody up. But it was very, very real, the insanity of that household and being trapped in it.

Was there a full moon last night?

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

9. That sounds like a pretty transparent analogy for your family drama. Perhaps your subconscious mind is telling you to distance yourself, or to speak up more directly in the family discussion?

Even when dreams are just mental tidying up, they can provide some insights, I've found.

Personally, I often have dreams in which I live in a house with many rooms -- not like a castle or mansion, just a house that has three or four floors, and each floor has numerous bedrooms and kitchens, sometimes all in a row like the displays in furniture stores or at Ikea. I'm always thinking of how to make use of all the space, like should I rent some of the rooms out? Or should I cook different meals in different kitchens? Use one just for baking, one for parties? I always feel like it's wasteful to let some of the rooms go unused, even though there are just way too many of them.

10. Yes, I agree with you completely, the meaning is obvious. So the next time I have a family drama I should just start howling, "Ahhhh!" at the top of my lungs and they'll all disappear like in my dream? :)

Does any one know how to make teenagers disappear, other than sending them to a college far, far away?

Have a beautiful day, filled with Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic