1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreaming of deceased loved ones.

Discussion in 'Dreams and Dreaming' started by poeticblue, Jul 8, 2019.

1. frith

frith New Member

I have dreamed of deceased friends and family members, but not often. Usually only briefly. I only had impressive dreams about one individual which I'll describe below.

There was a time right after my maternal grandfather died when I was age 13 that I had several emotional dreams about him. I'm not sure I've ever been as grief stricken in dreams before or since. I remember in some of those dreams begging or pleading with him. I assume I was begging him not to be dead or to go, but I don't know if those dreams were actual communication. This was almost 30 years ago now and my memories of them aren't that great, but I do vividly remember this occurring during my sleep over a period of days or weeks.

This is also the same grandfather I mentioned on here when I first joined this forum when I noted my mother's story about seeing him alive moments after he had died. She claims he told her to take care of her mother (my maternal grandmother) and then disappeared. I saw and heard nothing and the rest of my family apparently didn't either. So I've never known what to think about this story from my mom.

My maternal grandfather was the least religious and most scientific of my family. He was an electrical engineer by trade during his life. If any of this was real I've wondered if lessened belief in organized religion/preconceived notions concerning the afterlife played a role in some ability to contact the living.