1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreaming of deceased loved ones.

Discussion in 'Dreams and Lucid Dreaming' started by poeticblue, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Monika

Monika Established Member

Hopefully she is and lets see what she answers :)

2. Monika

No worries, Bill :)

Kurt and Bill Z like this.
  3. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Thanks Monika, but am I still a monkey? ;)

Kurt likes this.
  4. Monika

Sometimes, like we all i guess :D

Kurt and Bill Z like this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well I see that this thread has sky rocketed. Thanks for the interesting contributions. I’ve been busy lately but will post when I have the time :)

Gabriella and Kurt like this.
  6. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Dear Monika,
    It is a torture to have such a dreams every night. I truly believe you developed PTSD / post traumatic stress disorder/ The symptoms people have are either flashbacks /my case / or nightmares just like you. Professional help is the only solution unfortunately. :(

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

Please remember that unless you have appropriate professional qualifications no-one should be diagnosing others' conditions or advising about medication.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Absolutely true. Professional opinion is a must.

9. Flossie

Flossie New Member

I am an old member of this forum and can't remember if I posted what I am going to say or not, so apologies if it has been said before. My mum passed in 2014. In May 2016 my dad had been hospitalised for some 4 weeks, supposedly due to infection in his legs. He also had had prostrate cancer for 7 years which had been well controlled using injections and tablet medication. Whilst dad was in hospital I had a holiday previously booked which was for one week. My brothers' made sure dad was okay whilst I was away with my husband and adult children. On the Thursday night before we came home on the Friday I had a dream about my mum. I was standing in a stairwell of a place I didn't know. There were stairs below and stairs above the stairwell. Nothing there but the stairwell view I have explained. Suddenly a dress appeared like it was on an invisible mannequin. The dress was one of mum's favourites. Then arms and legs appeared and a face began to form. I was shocked to find it was my mum. She didn't say anything but looked at me with an expression of total love and understand. She put her arms around me and we hugged. I was so shocked and happy that I was seeing my mum and we were hugging that I was squealing uncontrollably - so much so that I woke myself up! It was so intense and so real. I treasure this visitation dream. I went home the next day. It was a terrible week for dad and all the family as the hospital wanted to send him home when he clearly wasn't well. By the end of that week I got an unexpected phone call from an occupational therapist who knew dad and she asked if we wanted dad to go to a new rehabilitation centre to build his strength up before allowing him home. It was just up town and we could see the building from our home. So dad was taken there - it was like a 5 star hotel and the staff were amazing. I told the OT that I thought dad's cancer had taken over and that she would see a big change in him. Though no one at the hospital acknowledged what I said. Three days after dad being transferred a consultant there who had listened to me told me dad was dying. He passed two weeks later. I truly believe my mum had come to comfort me as she knew the difficult time ahead. I also believe that she or someone up there made it possible for dad to move from a hospital where he wasn't getting proper care to a place which was heaven in comparison and where the family was supported and cared for to. So much goes on regarding support which we can't see. I am so grateful.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Kurt, poeticblue, mac and 1 other person like this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

That's a lovely account, Flossie and it's good to see you're so aware of what's happened 'behind the scenes'. :)

Flossie and Kurt like this.