1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dreaming of deceased loved ones.

Discussion in 'Dreams and Dreaming' started by poeticblue, Jul 8, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Still working on the thread. It’s been a busy past few days.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I’ve been thinking about my cousin Courtney who drowned in a far out lake a couple years ago. It wasn’t at Lake Lanier Georgia, although there has been an abundance of drownings at that location. The particular location where the drowning occurred is quite some miles away from me and my families location. I believe from what I was told that it crosses over into the Alabama state lines.

My cousin knew how to swim and was a certified lifeguard, yet at this particular location she lost control of the boat she was in and drowned along with her friends child that she was babysitting for. At that current time, my cousins daughter was with someone else and Gabby was at a sleepover with her friend. Normally they all are together but I suppose the saying rings true. If it’s your time to go, you will go.

Very heartbreaking to even type this out due to the sensitive nature of dealing with children. I will continue though.

I didn’t believe it when my mother told me the next day that Courtney and her friends child were missing. Courtney had a ‘wild’ side so I figured she may have just stayed at a friends house and would eventually turn up like she always did. Unfortunately the police called my aunt and uncle and told them they found their bodies at the bottom of a lake near Alabama. Then my mother called me to confirm that the pictures and DNA were an exact match. I immediately fell into pieces.

Courtney was only 25 years old. Although she had her issues, she would never hurt a fly and she loved her daughter Carsynn (who by the way was immediately adopted by her parents).

There are pictures of Carsynn and my daughter Gabby posted on the off topic thread. I believe it is located in the ‘Beauty/Music’ section of this website.

When Courtney initially died, I received no signs of her existence after her passing for about a week. I religiously made sure to still live my life as if she were still alive. I talked out loud to her early in the morning upon waking up, at night, and before bed. Even though I knew she was no longer physically alive, I still felt her presence.

Eventually I did start to have dreams about her, and every single dream I saw her in she was her normal happy self. During one dream, she goofed around with me and told me to be happy while we were playing laser tag at a arcade. It’s something we would do. The dream felt so real that when I woke up I felt happy yet sad at the same time.

Well anyways... does anyone care to share visitation dreams from their deceased loved ones? I know there are plenty of you all out there.

Gabriella and Kurt like this.
  3. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I have been dreaming about Sabastian (Our cat that died about 5 or 6 years ago) and Bunny (our rabbit we had about 6 months ago). I dream about them together. They're just playing around outside. I remember when we had Sabastian and Cinnamon Bun (Another one of our old bunny's from like 7 years ago), they would play around but sometimes it would get extreme. With Bunny and Sabastian, they were very much gentle and they looked like they were having fun. I miss our furry little friends but I know they will be okay :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

The rabbit is gone..... Dang. He seemed awesome. I remember the photos PB posted.

Gabriella likes this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I swore off adopting animals for quite some time now. It’s hard losing them especially since they share such unconditional love.

The white/brown bunny you speak of Kurt unfortunately had to be euthanized.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Gabriella and Kurt like this.
  6. Cassie

Cassie New Member

I've been lucky to have many visitation dreams. This is an interesting one I think. In the dream I was in a pub my family went to a few times, it's name is the Hopwood Inn and I was with my sister and brother in law. In the dream I knew that it was that particular pub - it is next to a canal and I was looking at the canal boats out of the window that we were sitting next to. I looked up and saw my (deceased) father at the window. He was waving to attract our attention, smiling and very pleased and excited about something, he gestured to me that was going to come in and tell us about it. I said to my sister "Dad is here! He's coming to tell us something" - at which point I awoke.

The next day my sister telephoned me to tell me that our mother had made the sudden and unexpected decision to go in to a residential home. My sister knew the best one in the area rarely had a vacancy and phoned to see if she could put our mother on the waiting list. However she was told that the "best room in the house" was available and our mother could have that one. The residential home is Hopwood House, a 5 minute walk from the Hopwood Inn where the dream took place. My mother spent the last 8 months of her life in the home and could not have received better care. I am sure that my Dad arranged it for her!

poeticblue and Gabriella like this.
  7. jobun

jobun New Member

I often dream of people who have moved on. One particular dream was of a girl who I worked with. We were friendly outside of work as well, and I even went to her wedding. After learning that she passed on - she was only in her 40's at that time, she visited me in a dream. All I remember saying to her is so you're not really dead are you? and she just shook her head no. This dream has always stuck with me and on some level has comforted me.

Kurt, poeticblue and Cassie like this.
  8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Thanks for sharing your visitation dream with us Cassie. I’m pretty sure you and others have more to tell. I won’t pry it out of them though. :D

I wonder if certain people has had visitation dreams but either:
    A. Don’t remember them
    B. Just chalked it up to being a regular dream with no significance.

All dreams are important though. Even if they may not make sense to the individual, we dream for a very good reason. It’s a form of communication not only within ourselves but with entities who are still alive and/or has crossed over.

Some dreams we have do derive from our subconsciousness which is why it may not actually make sense at the time. But if you pay close attention there is meaning to all of it. However only the experiencer can answer for that.

It would appear that you know you’ve been visited by your loved ones astrally and it wasn’t made up or distorted. Thanks for sharing and feel free to continue to do so.

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Thanks for sharing Jobun. That sounded like a very content visitational dream. Also the fact that it sticks with you and has made an impact, is even more confirmation of the experience. These occurrences are very much real.

10. jobun

jobun New Member

yes, this one has. She has been gone for about 15 years now. But I still see her clear as day.
    I also used to dream of my friend Phil. He passed in the mid 80's of an accidental drowning - actually the car he was fell from the loop parkway bridge in LI and he ended up in the ocean. His seatbelt was locked and he couldn't escape the car. His passenger managed to escape though. So Phil would visit me a lot over the years. I haven't heard from him in quite a few years now, so I just assumed he moved on, and maybe was reborn into a new life. I hope he's happy and doing well no matter where he is.