1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream Visitation

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by JCinTX, Sep 18, 2017.

1. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. How the best way, if there is one, to encourage a dream visitation? I've read about them but never had one. I feel like my husband would if he could. Is there anything I can do be more receptive?

2. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

Meditation and ask your husband to come visit you in a dream. Julie Assante has a wonderful book on how to create a space that will facilitate a connection with your loved one. http://www.juliaassante.com/ I would also suggest using R. Craig Hogan's self guided connections to try and reach your husband. There is a thread on this board that talks about people's experiences with the self guided connections. I did a few levels myself and it was pretty amazing. The best part, you will get guidance from Craig through email. http://afterlifeconnections.org/craig.htm

I would suggest though, patience. It could take some time for him to come through. Dont get discouraged, but do be patient. And also, keep a pen and paper by the bed to record the dream While dream visits are so vivid, you will know, it doesnt hurt to write them down the minute you wake up.

Unexpected likes this.
  3. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I read some about the self-guided connection training and have been considering this option. I know I need to focus on my state of mind, energy vibrations, and patience. I am still wrestling with raw grief and I know it's an obstacle.

4. ShingingLight1967

ShingingLight1967 Active Member

JCinTX, First off, I am sorry for your loss.

I am going on two years since the passing of my husband. It was sudden and dramatic, and the first few months, I had 5 dream visitations from him. I believe, because his passing was sudden and there were so many questions that he was doing what he could to let me know that he couldnt stop what was happening, but that he was OK. One of the last dreams he brought my dad to say hello. (I have discussed my dreams with him in these forums)

I have had several conversations on this board where I was a little... bitter in thinking that grief blocked communication. I didnt that our loved ones would be blocked from speaking to us because of our grief, which is normal and expected. As I have gone along this path however, I can see how extreme grief CAN block communications.

I also had to stop looking for the grand display and revel in the small things that are the communications.

I highly recommend reading Julia Assante's book and maybe booking a session with her. Her whole work is geared towards you being able to make contact on your own.

Widdershins3 and Unexpected like this.
  5. JCinTX

JCinTX New Member

Thank you so much. I will definitely seek her out. I need to move forward but have felt so lost. It's wonderful that you have heard so many times from your husband and even your father. What a blessing. I'll do this right away. God bless.

Unexpected likes this.
  6. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

You're so right about the small things, ShiningLight1967. Grief can act as a heavy blanket in the beginning, deadening all senses but pain. My mother had a small but very unusual sign from my son soon after his death that she nearly overlooked, even though at the moment it seemed striking to her. A sort of deadening effect set in very quickly and she "went to the Bad Place" and rejected it out of anger and disillusionment. But when she recalled it and shared it with the rest of us, the looks on our faces kind of woke her out of that negative trance she'd slipped into and she was hugely relieved and comforted by it. As were we all.

She'd been scrubbing a floor in a cottage when a bright red bird lighted on a windowsill and stared in at her. It wasn't a cardinal and had no crest at all, but its plumage was a striking, vivid scarlet red. She'd stared into its eyes for a long moment before it flew away. Our family had stayed at those cottages for 3 generations and no one had ever seen a bird like that one, despite most of us being dedicated bird watchers.

JCinTX, I hope you receive lots of validations that your husband still lives. And I hope your grief lifts enough that you can notice and validate them all. Everything I've read tells me that it takes a lot of effort and preparation for most newly-crossed over soul to affect things in our material universe, so we need to say thank you to them when they achieve it. Some mediums have said that there are souls there who have expertise in it and, if asked, they sometimes help a newly-crossed person to make small contacts. I figure that personally I'd rather err on the side of believing a sign is real and send a wave of gratitude and love to my loved one, than let one pass unnoticed or denied.

Unexpected likes this.
  7. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

I have been wanting the same thing very much. For what it's worth, I recall that Blair Robertson says that it's not actually a dream visitation - it's not a dream - it's real. Just a different way to look at it.

Widdershins3 likes this.