1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dr. Hogan's Self-Guided Connections

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, May 8, 2018.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Sorry - I think I may have mentioned this before. But I am again thinking about going through Dr. Hogan's program. I have been putting it off because I am basically lazy, but I really need to do more than I am doing.

I have seen many of his videos and have corresponded with him. He's a great guy, smart, and I appreciate all that he has done.

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with this?

Rassie, Monika and SashaS like this.
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I have never felt the need to do it, but I have tale with many who have done it and loved it!

3. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I did the meditations/exercises. The love of my life was 58 pounds the last time She was hospitalized. When the doctor told me She had absolutely on lower body muscle mass I broke down. I had been carrying Her to the bathroom, wheelchair and bed for a while and it had become the new normal. We used to cook together and sadly over time She lost the ability to stand, let alone hold a knife. Prior to that we argued often over who controlled the kitchen and who was the sous chef. It was a great funny and sometimes warlike part of our sweet life together. I did Dr. Hogan's exercises/meditations and spoke to him on a few occasions, and during one meditation one time my love stood beside me in the kitchen with Her knife and said "we are equals again". OMG She looked hot and powerful and together and healthy. I told Her "Girlfriend we ain't never been equals, You just look down to me and support me and that's cool with me". I felt such love and relief but a few minutes later my grief of Her sweet physical loss once again overwhelmed me.
    She told me once "I am no longer Human and there are things I know that you can not understand but I love you". I cry and grieve every day and try to help others in their grief but in some way know that She is here. Sucks being physical sometimes. Peace.

SashaS likes this.
  4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I haven't done it. I am not able to quiet my mind in order to meditate.

5. Monika

Monika Active Member

Hej. I tried to make it but i started to cry very fast because i see Michel everytime very fast from the beginning of meditation. So i never finished it till the end. When i see Michel i rush to him and never hear what is meditation going about.

Bill Z likes this.
  6. Rising

Rising Member

I tried to connect to the different stages after filling out the online form but it wouldnt let me :(

7. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I had some difficulty with the site but I tried a few times and was able to get through it. After every session there is a password to get into the next session. I hope that helps. I really got a lot out of the sessions and got to speak to Dr. Hogan a few times. I wish you the best.

8. Rising

Rising Member

Thanks Bill,
    I've tried all day but no luck, however, I have emailed Craig to ask if he can help, Im dying to get started with it, I have had connections with my husband since he passed so I'm quite excited to do this training :)

9. Rising

Rising Member

Forgot to mention Bill that I have been given the stage one password but it wont let me go any further with it.

10. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Hi Rising,
    First that little bugger in the photo drinking the bottle is adorable, blessing to him/her. And that's great that you are in contact with your husband. For me the grief will never leave but the more I stay in contact it relieves some of the pain. She (my fiance) and your husband are here we just don't have the ability to contact them, but we can get there.
    Here's Dr. Hogans contact info. It's on his website so this nothing not available:
    Call: 800 690-4232
    E-mail: information@afterlifeinstitute.org
    Mail: 23 Payne Place, Normal, IL 61761
    Peace.

11. Rising

Rising Member

Thank you Bill, I will email him on the addy you gave me. The little Bugger in my profile pic is my grandson who is now 4 years going on 40...lol.
    ...and he is a little Bugger, believe me !! :D

12. I did the self-guided connections exercises and had pretty good success. I received four validations: three of which were of things I did not know about or future events. One validation I could not confirm but think I missed something when asking? Dr. Hogan is a kind person who was interested that my experience be successful.

I did learn a couple of things the hard way:
    1) Use head phones when listening to the directions and music. I didn't at first and had a much better response after getting them.
    2) Don't connect if your in active grief mode. I did that once and felt I was shouting and pitching an emotional fit in my wife's new living space. It made me a bit ashamed afterwards and I vowed not to do it again.

13. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I don't know what "validations" are. Would you explain them a little please and how they come about?

14. As I understand it a validation is some sort of evidence given by the person/s you are connecting with that proves to you that the experience you are having is real and not a wishful fantasy.

My 1st validation was a picture of a clown. Then my wife showed me her record collection box which I had just come across that morning but had not opened. I was very doubtful.
    I searched after the connection ended and found a child's picture record album called 'Bozo at the Circus' that I did not know existed.
    It proved the connection to me not only because I did not know about the album but also because it's so typical of my wife's sense of humor which is not the same as my humor.

15. mac

thanks - I wondered if that's what validation meant.

If such information had been delivered via mediumship I'd be calling it simply 'evidence'. Some of the best evidence - communicated in whatever way - is the stuff that has to be researched, things you didn't know. Potentially even more persuasive when you've had to consult someone else.

16. Mac,

I think you are correct about 'Potentially even more persuasive when you've had to consult someone else.'
    There is always this little voice in the back of my mind saying maybe I knew about the evidence somehow and maybe grief is making me crazier by the minute?
    I'm just on the verge of trying a first medium reading just to confirm the communications so far and get clearer direction from my wife and guides.
    I'd like to put that little voice to bed once and for all.

17. mac

In my view it's always wise to be sceptical but when anyone sits with a practitioner there's always the chance that they may get a psychic reading rather than evidential mediumship. ('spiritual mediuship') To an inexperienced seeker they may appear similar to one other although I'm not suggesting you're not experienced or that will happen to you.

I hope you soon find what you're looking for. :)

18. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

I completed Dr. Hogan's Guided Afterlife Connections with great success. I was persistent to make connection with my dear friend who passed in 2016. In one of my connections, I connected with my brother. The validation I received during the connection was the shirt he was wearing, a blue and white pin-stripped shirt. When I got to my mom's that evening, I noticed on the wall a picture of my brother as a boy wearing a blue and white pin-striped shirt. I've never payed attention too or knew about what he was wearing in the picture. That was enough validation for me. My biological father came into one of my connections. I told him to go away. He was a mean person. He never showed up again. What I experience most, is that my connections become a memory that I will not forget. This is different from day dreaming or thinking about a situation you wished would happen.

Kurt likes this.
  19. mac

It's reassuring to learn how successful Craig Hogan's course was for you. Reading your account should give confidence to someone wondering whether to try it for herself. :)

Kurt likes this.
  20. Momsgirl

Momsgirl New Member

For those that have completed this, how many times did you have to go through the meditation before making a connection? The first time I went through it I saw and heard some things. I didn't see their actual bodies but swirls of colored light and only one person communicated. I somehow recognized 2 of the swirls as my uncle and my father. I asked my father to go away but he didn't. I did not recognize the spirit communicating but heard the name "memaw." I do not call anyone by that however I never knew my grandparents or what they were called. I quickly became overwhelmed with my father being there and not my mother so I had to come out of meditation.
    Today I tried again and I didn't connect with anyone. It's almost making me feel like I didn't truly connect the first time and my mind played tricks on me, especially since my experience was different from the others. I find it bizarre that the one person that I want to connect with I'm not seeing but I also realize it's really early in my stages of grief.

Kurt likes this.