1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Botkin - Critical Article

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by DenverGuy, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

I have been in touch with someone who has recommended Dr. Botkin's techniques over those of Dr. Hogan. I intend to find out why.

I recently saw an article that I find very disheartening. I try to keep an open mind - which means I should look at both sides. It makes me wonder what the hell is true. I hate this. I read more and more evidence of afterlife, and start to believe it, and then I see something like this.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks. http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2013/04/13/therapist-or-mediu/#comments

milahanna and Open Heart like this.
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I'm sorry that this fellow has thrown you, but what you have encountered here is a classic debunker and you can ignore him. This anti-intellectual and utterly valueless method of throwing away afterlife evidence by claiming a pseudo-scientific superiority used to be a great deal more common, even as recently as 2013 (when your cited article was published); now, though, few dare to attempt it anymore because the debunkers themselves are so easy to debunk. Typically, they won't actually investigate any phenomenon (as this fellow didn't open-mindedly investigate what Dr. Botkin was doing), but rather they seize on what they consider to be a few specific claims being made, and either they try to replicate aspects in order to explain away entire phenomena or they simply declare the whole thing to be unscientific (this fellow is in the second mold, while those who try to prove that NDEs are the result of a lack of oxygen, for example, typically approach it via the first method).

NONE OF WHAT THESE LUDDITES ARE DOING IS IN ANY WAY SCIENTIFIC. It is a pure circling of wagons by a scientific community that is based in materialism and therefore is feeling more and more embattled because by now even they are coming to realize that their materialist grounding is incomplete, and even bogus. Sadly for them, they have backed the wrong horse, but they want to keep the truth at bay just until they can finish out their own careers.

What might these folks do that would be scientific? Well, they might actually investigate some of these phenomena that they are trying to make disappear. In fact, a few scientists have attempted this sort of honest investigation, and most of those who have done that have come to accept most of the prominent afterlife-related phenomena as genuine: Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, for example. Dr. Gary Schwartz. Dr. Eben Alexander. And a whole host of others who have not gone public about their discoveries, but who nevertheless no longer shame themselves by spouting the kind of nonsense that you have encountered here.

Be of good cheer, Denver Guy! Just spare a bit of sympathy for the host of scientists who are coming to understand about now that their entire scientific careers are going to end up in the dustbin. As always happens, the truth will win.

DenverGuy and isabel mcdonald like this.
  3. enby

enby New Member

i think roberta hit the nail on the head. when it comes to afterlife/spiritual whatever these ppl will jump over backwards to explain anything away with "logical reasonable" explanations (even tho honestly it's anything but logical and reasonable when you throw out things that have plenty of evidence, but oh it doesn't fit your nasty framework so it doesn't exist and this is really how things are) and set the standards for evidence unfairly high.

you don't have to hurt yourself looking at the other side honestly. if it's disheartening/distressing to you, don't look for it if you know you're gonna be affected negatively by it. i rly don't think it's worth it. i'm just saying as purely advice/recommendation tho. i myself don't actively search for materialistic ideas. it rly messes with me, i think it's a gross way of looking at ppl and animals; ntm the standards for afterlife/soul evidence are unfair, the evidence is shot down no matter what, and they will go above and beyond to make any convoluted explanation. sooo no thanks i'm certainly not gonna willingly search for any of it. i think when you're made aware of and know the general basics of whatever particular materialistic idea, you don't have to divest anymore time into it if it's just gonna put you in any bad place. but that's me.

isabel mcdonald likes this.
  4. Unexpected

Unexpected Member

If you end up using Dr. Botkin would you mind sharing your experience? Just curious.

I did notice he's considerably higher in cost, $280-$800+ whereas Craig's self-guided connections are free. I only have experience with what Craig has thankfully provided and it far surpasses anything I dreamed possible.

Best wishes!

5. RobertaGrimes

Dear Unexpected, thank you for speaking so kindly of Craig Hogan! I have known him for a number of years, and there is no more beautiful, spiritual, and altogether selfless human being on earth. Knowing him is a gift!

Unexpected likes this.
  6. Unexpected

Unexpected Member

I'm sure it is! His work is a gift to us all. Your studies and this site too. I'm truly grateful for all of you and the time and work you put into helping the rest of us!

7. RobertaGrimes

We are thrilled to be of use to you - I'm sure you must know that!

Unexpected likes this.
  8. Unexpected

Unexpected Member

Many thanks!!!!