1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dr Allan Botkin

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Rimbaud, Feb 15, 2015.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Sounds like Michael Newton : He's a psychologist that specializes in past life/afterlife hypnosis for his patients.
    I have 2 of his books for my entertainment. Website below.

http://newtoninstitute.org

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dr. Botkin is a wonderful pioneer in what is becoming almost a mainstream field: Dr. Rochelle Wright in Washington state has had phenomenal success with it, and you can learn some good techniques online at spiritualunderstanding.org, which is Craig Hogan's website. A new day really is dawning!

3. dopier

dopier Member

Wholly agree! I heard Dr. Botkin the other day in an interview with Eldon Taylon of "provocativeenlightenment", and in my opinion as much as he tried to emphasize that he's not vouching as to whether these things are reality (I'm paraphrasing), I couldn't but sense his conviction once he started talking about them. The guy almost became too preachy at some point during the interview. So yes, I think this is slowly creeping up the mainstream ladder. I certainly hope that a "new day" is really dawning. Perhaps a spiritual lifeline is truly being sent our way. But humans have before proven to be unreliable. So who knows what we'll do with that lifeline?

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hehe very true.

5. The story in his book blew me away. He was a typical materialist-oriented psychologist who was blown away by his own experiences with clients, until he had to totally revise his worldview to accept that people can communicate with the dead. His methodology, EMDR, is similar to the WHEE method devised by Dr. Daniel Benor which can be used as self-help. Botkin cautions that EMDR should only be done by professionals because it can trigger buried emotions that the patient would not be prepared to deal with on their own.

6. I'd love to know how to do this to myself, to save money on seeing an actual therapist. :)

Incredible to read in the book that there have been cases where a trainee therapist was in the room with the therapist and the patient, and because the trainee was also watching the wand, they had the SAME experience as the patient! That more or less rules out some kind of dream or hallucination, doesn't it? Unless we can suspend belief enough to suggest that a "shared" dream occurred.

7. janef

janef Moderator

Craig Hogan co-authored a book with Rochelle Wright on self-guided afterlife connections. Instead of EMDR, hypnosis is used to bring people into a state of mind which they can allow themselves to connect with loved ones in the afterlife realm. In their study of 45 subjects they found it to be 95% successful. It is an 8 step process and can take 4-5 hrs.
    However, to be successful one must believe the afterlife to be a reality, believe their loved ones are willing and accessible to communicate, Learn to relax the conscious mind, Learn to allow free unfoldment, Experience a state of mind infused with Feelings of Love and Compassion.

The self-guided afterlife connection procedure is a training program that teaches participants how to connect through self-hypnosis. It is available free by the Center for Spiritual Understanding at http://selfguided.spiritualunderstanding.org

8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I love Craig Hogan. Back when I was a lurker, I saw Craig Hogan's information on this site. I actually started posting on his Q/A forum before I started posting on this one. He is a really nice, bright, intelligent, and empathetic man.

9. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Craig Hogan does come across as an intelligent, interesting and caring person. In regards to Dr. Botkin's technique, I can tell you that a number of our clients had very positive and lasting results. It really is something that should receive more recognition, imho. ;-)

10. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Craig Hogan's hypnosis method, but I have read about EMDR, and I think that's more useful overall, because the people participating in it do not need to have any faith or belief in any kind of afterlife. I don't know if they are actually communicating with their dead loved ones or not, but they are having some kind of experiences, and in the book I read (authored by the guy who pioneered EMDR; I just can't recall his name at the moment), almost everyone who tried to contact a dead loved one had an experience that s/he believed to be genuine contact with that loved one, even the people who had no faith in an afterlife or god or anything.

No offense to Hogan or his method (or to you, janef), but in my opinion a method that works for non-believers is more useful, because it's non-believers who really need the proof and communication with dead loved ones.

11. janef

janef Moderator

If one can afford a EMDR Psycotherapist that is great! I was responding to Rimbaud, who is looking at an alternative to spending money on a therapist and would like to try it himself/herself.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  12. Waller

Waller Banned

Some of us who prefer will choose to live in that world, in this transformational age, will shift to a parallel reality that is in resonance with our preferences. Others will shift to that reality that is their preference, a world where negative energy, old energy, continues to dominate, where fear and separation are the main course.

As always, it's a choice. Act on your highest passion, with no conditions at all, up your vibration as you connect with your True Self, your Higher Mind, and you will find yourself exactly where you belong. There is no choice in that, simply physics.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  13. bluebird

Ah sorry, I didn't realize you were responding specifically to that concern. Makes sense. :)
    Still, I'm glad there seems to be an option that might work for people, like me, who don't have faith.

14. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hey Raven. Can you give more details about your clients and the aftermath results in regards to Dr. Botkin's practices? When you have the time of course.

15. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Yes, I will, in a pm, but please realize I'm a real stickler in regards to confidentiality and "trade secrets", lol.

16. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

10-4 Thanks

17. dopier

dopier Member

Actually, these folks had some sense of faith to begin, lest they wouldn't have tried it. I imagine they went into this fully cognizant of the slight possibility that it might work, don't you think? I'd call it a rational faith but faith nonetheless. If faith is coded within our soul, which is said to be indestructible, I would imagine it's not something we can rid ourselves of. Perhaps because of the religious connotations it carries many would attempt to shut it down, just as others are able to do with some memories, but faith would still be dormant within the core of our being if that's the case.

18. janef

janef Moderator

Some of them didn't have any faith, but what I think may bring success depends on the level of grief and trauma the individual is suffering. Most were Vietnam vets with PTSD. Unlike someone just wanting to connect with a friend or loved one who has passed.

19. bluebird

Some were as you described, with a bit of faith, but some truly had none. They were seeing him as a therapist, and viewed the EMDR experience solely as a kind of meditation therapy, and were very surprised to end up apparently communicating with their dead loved ones (and not always loved ones -- he started doing this with combat vets, and many of them had experiences with people they had killed in war, and regretted killing, and their guilt was assuaged).