1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dolores Cannon

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:48 AM.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The study of the greater reality is as large a topic as the study of every aspect of life on earth put together. Perhaps even larger! Most people who are very knowledgeable in this area specialize in one aspect, as for example Mac's primary area of interest is death and the spiritual aspects. A huge topic! But not the only topic. I am one of the few who has attempted to make the entire greater reality my focus, and especially how it all fits together; so I have sought evidence much more broadly than most others in this field have done, and over decades of time. I have read credible reports about a great many things that I don't consider to be proven, walk-ins being only one of these areas. I don't know for certain that they can happen - and if they do, it would be very rare - but I have seen enough mention of them in the literature that I consider them to be a definite maybe.

2. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I'm not sure if I'll find one truth.
    But I imagine the idea that "there is no such thing as reincarnation" isn't compatible with the idea of reincarnation. So I would imagine those two are mutually exclusive, as is the idea of [permanent] walk-ins vs no concept of walk-in, or human as a separate entity vs human as a simple vehicle for the soul, or spirit as a separate individual entity from soul as opposed to them being one and the same.

So it seems to me that there are a lot of major incompatible ideas about what the afterlife is like circulating, and it's difficult for me to understand what to expect.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

All that yet you still didn't answer what I asked....

4. Convolution

You're 1/2 right! I answered one, but not the other.
    So here's the bit I missed. What do I think the truth is?

I used to think the truth is that this is all we have. We have this one experience, the moment of now. One day it's over. And that perhaps we were all beings (along with perhaps other being, in other planets) populating what we could of the universe to fill it with life, spreading it across galaxies, such that it would truly come alive.

Nowadays I don't know the truth. I am really on the fence. I lean towards thinking that the truth is that consciousness continues, and that all is consciousness. A rock, a tree, a human being, a cell. All conscious, derived from consciousness. I don't know whether that individuality that we are constitutes a pattern, say a knot, of consciousness, that can dissipate at death, or whether the pattern itself is unchanging, eternal, with continuity of individual consciousness. I would prefer the latter. If all is consciousness and God is all consciousness (some say it is the field which allows consciousness to exist), then perhaps one day it came to exist. It was alone, purposeless, without idea. It developed concepts and symbols. It split of itself and imagined (same as create, if all is consciousness) scenarios of separation where it could develop a sense of itself, build stories for itself. Perhaps as a form of evading eternal loneliness.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:59 AM
  5. mac

Jeez! I asked two points: "What do you think 'the truth' is? Do you think you'll find (quote) "one truth"?

I asked because both were your own terms.....

6. Convolution

Oh, I thought I had answered the question whether I think I'll find "one truth".

I don't know. I hope so. I am hoping I will start by finding a reliable medium that, through blind conditions, will pass information about things that only I could know, to verify. From there, I would like to get that medium's point of view on what the afterlife is like, as my level of trust will grow with that person. I hope to follow up by finding several of these to get all of their accounts and see whether I can get consistency to at least build some kind of framework of what I believe could be true.
    Whether I will ever be able to verify that part... I don't think so. It's too far into the future, I think.
    But I hope to at least verify that the afterlife is true/real.

7. mac

I wish you the very best of luck. You'll need it.

8. Convolution

I tried to answer your post honestly, openly and in a vulnerable way. Your response came out a bit rude. Are you trying to be rude?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:48 AM
  9. mac

You haven't ever seen me rude and you're not very likely to. My response was to the things you said you're hoping/planning to do. I don't think you realise the magnitude of what you're hoping to achieve but if my bluntness in wishing you the very best of luck seemed rude then I apologise.

10. Convolution

Ok, I'm glad I checked.
    It's possible I am biting more than I can chew. I built a business, retired early and am still very young- hence I have a lot of time on my hands.

I've been looking to dedicate my time and funds towards something I find meaningful. This is an area of study I was considering, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly how/where/what to do. All I know is, I'm looking for the next step in life, and I've felt very passionate about this subject for some time. But perhaps I could be going about it the wrong way. I am open to that understanding.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:11 AM
  11. mac

I don't know if you're going about it in the wrong way but from where I'm standing, and however limited my perspective might be, I think you're trying to do too much, too quickly. But I don't know you and maybe that's how you always work and maybe that way has always been successful.

I have only my own experience, and what I know of others' experiences, to use for comparison.

12. RobertaGrimes

Heh. Mac is right. This is our wonderful Mac trying to be nice ;-).

13. RobertaGrimes

Convolution, it is possible you are being led to join what I think will be a very important movement to enlighten the world. It has just been funded with a million dollars by someone who is prepared to give a great deal more, and I am now looking to buy it a headquarters building. After you have done about six months of intensive reading, you should know whether this project is meant to be yours too or whether you are being called to do something else. But you do seem to be hearing a call; it will be up to you to decide how to answer it.

14. Convolution

That sounds interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that something could be leading me, nor that there is some kind of movement I could join.
    I just know that after one of my siblings died, a switch in me seems to have gotten flipped, and there hasn't been a day in over a year when I haven't spent hours reading, to understand, maybe do something.
    Are you unable to share more about this project at the moment (NDAs, etc)?

15. RobertaGrimes

Not quite yet. And I am not the head of it, but the head is someone universally respected in this field and one of the very few people I trust completely, and it is his decision to base it on my books (primarily because they are beginner-level and easy to understand, I think). Let's see where this all takes you! Eventually - when the time is right - there will be announcements. And if you can convince him that you have a servant's heart, he will be very glad to welcome you.

16. Convolution

Got it. I think you're also right that I am not ready to undertake anything at this point- I am still have much to learn in order to figure things out. I just know I feel a very strong pull do so, for whatever reason.

17. RobertaGrimes

Then welcome to the most wonderful and joyous hobby there is! You have whole worlds to learn, and it is all good news!!

Convolution likes this.
  18. Brad

Brad New Member

I bought 3 or 4 of Deloris Cannon's books and got part way through them, decided she was full of it, and threw them in the trash. I don't recall precisely what prompted me to do so, but it was pretty easily recognizable as B.S.

19. RobertaGrimes

Thank you, Brad! Well, Convolution, there you have it ;-).

A LOT of what is in print now on death and the afterlife is BS. Unless you educate yourself before reading it, you won't be able to tell the difference.

20. Convolution

It is true, I cannot tell the difference.