1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dolores Cannon

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 4, 2018.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh I expect others will find her credible. Who are you going to be influenced by is what you have to decide now. That's where fundamentals and context come into the picture. They're what I use along with the more detailed understanding I feel I've gained over the past few decades, a way to assess that kind of claim.

2. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

I see- thanks for your insight.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

This apparently does happen - I've been finding evidence of it for decades - but it is exceedingly rare. The most famous man people suspect was a walk-in is Benjamin Franklin.

4. Convolution

See, this is part of what I find confusing when seeking a higher level of truth in Spiritual matters.
    So many who seem so sure about their own ideas of what is real seem to believe in very different things when it comes tonit- it's a bit hard for me to reconcile.
    Mac just above seems very sure that walk-ins are incorrect, but you claim evidence it is correct.

How do we find truth?

bluebird likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

You keep searching but one of the first things to look for is understanding of the simple aspects. Then you can judge whether the less-simple ones appeal to your reason, making your own judgment call in effect, something you may have to learn to live with.

6. Convolution

It seems what you have found is different from what Roberta has found.

Do you believe that to he an indication that one view isn't quite in line with truth, or do you believe that two opposing views can both be true?
    (As in, perhaps the afterlife is so influenced by the subjective experience, that there is little objective structure- what can happen for one may seem impossible to another)

7. mac

mac Staff Member

That's part of what we learn to accommodate - in life there will ALWAYS be others of a different view.

Both views can contain correct elements of the complete picture or contain elements that are not correct.

That's not the way I experience it.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

What I have found is different from what a lot of others have found. Take a hike and you'll likely see stuff the previous hiker didn't see yet you'll both end up back in the parking lot anyway.

9. Convolution

I like to believe that in life, we can all have different views, but there is one truth.
    I could be wrong about that. If I am, then it definitely changes the way I will approach a lot of my search.

Perhaps there is also just no way to get to whatever the truth is. All we get are approximations and are ever unsure.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

Binary logic won't work because we're not faced with a small number of possible outcomes that are 'true' or 'false'.

Is there any single issue, or a number of issues, that is/are 'the truth'? Or isn't it much simpler? All things that are correct - all things that are 'true' - are part of the totality of truth?

What do you think 'the truth' is? Do you think you'll find (quote) "one truth"?