1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Dolores Cannon

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Convolution, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:48 AM.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Hi, I've read some of Dolores Cannon's materials. Do you believe it to be a truthful representation of what the afterlife is?
    What do you like/dislike about it?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

If you are asking this question of me, I have no clue. And I carefully do not read anyone's modern interpretations of the afterlife evidence, just as I never watch TV or movies, since my job is to find the truth and nearly all modern interpretations of the evidence are tainted by NDE materials. Who is she, anyway?

3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Don’t know anything about her. I’m more of a Michael Newton fan when it comes to past life regression.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with her. Could you provide a bit of background info about her?

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

You're aways asking questions - as you have read some of what she wrote, what do YOU think? IS it a truthful representation?

If we were later to say it was, what would be your response?

If we were later to say it wasn't, what would be your response?

Why?

6. Convolution

Dolores Cannon is a hypnotherapist along tthe same venue as Michael Newton. I'm just wondering if you guys have read her materials and believe her to be credible.

What she says matches that of Michael Newton most of the time, about the 'life between lives', with a few key differences.
    One of these differences happens toward the end of one of her books, 'Conversations with a Spirit Between Death and Life', where she tackles the issue of 'walk-ins', which I wanted to clarify and understand a bit more. Are you guys familiar with this concept?

It entails one's spirt departing either during an NDE or sleep, and another one taking its place. The new spirit supposedly takes on all the memories of the lifetime, etc, and in a material sense she uses the notion that sometimes people notice changes in the personality of someone that can presumably be attributed to this phenomenon told to her by a spirit.
    In her book, the spirit explains that this is something agree upon often during sleep when your spirit goes off to strike this deal. The spirit says that the body cannot tell a difference, doesn't know anything's changed, and Dolores brings up feeling a bit strange about the notion, since it implies the body is a separate entity altogether from spirit.

Have anyone encountered information about this phenomenon? Is it considered credible?

7. Convolution

I'm always asking questions because I don't know the answers. Seems everytime I encounter a material, far more questions than answers pop up. For every bit of information, there are a lot of ways things can be interpreted and put together.
    For me to know my response, first I'd have to process the replies, so I can't really say.

8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thanks for that additional information. I have heard and read about the "walk-in" phenomenon, though I personally do not find it credible. One reason is that I don't see what would be served by one spirit taking the place of another, within the body. To me, that doesn't seem to serve either person/soul. Another reason is one that you mentioned, regarding the implication that the body is a separate entity from the soul. It may be separate in the sense that maybe the soul/spirit can continue to exist without a body, and the body can be kept alive (of a kind) even when the soul has departed (as in a situation where the individual is brain dead and the body ceases functioning once they "pull the plug", as it were), but the body has no independent thoughts or motivations.

One thing I could see happening, though I have no idea whether or not it actually does, is someone needing a spiritual/emotional break from a very difficult life, possibly in order to avoid suicide, and someone else stepping in quite briefly so that the break can occur. This would have to be brief enough to not negatively impact the original person's life, relationships, job, etc. Maybe a few days or so? Again, this is just a possibility I've considered, without any idea if it actually occurs.

9. mac

no - I don't accept any such notions - they're contra everything I've learned.

10. Convolution

OK. I find that notion a bit disturbing and contrary to a lot of other sources I've read, so just wanted to check whether Dolores is considered credible.
    Thanks!

11. mac

Oh I expect others will find her credible. Who are you going to be influenced by is what you have to decide now. That's where fundamentals and context come into the picture. They're what I use along with the more detailed understanding I feel I've gained over the past few decades, a way to assess that kind of claim.

12. Convolution

I see- thanks for your insight.

13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

This apparently does happen - I've been finding evidence of it for decades - but it is exceedingly rare. The most famous man people suspect was a walk-in is Benjamin Franklin.

14. Convolution

See, this is part of what I find confusing when seeking a higher level of truth in Spiritual matters.
    So many who seem so sure about their own ideas of what is real seem to believe in very different things when it comes tonit- it's a bit hard for me to reconcile.
    Mac just above seems very sure that walk-ins are incorrect, but you claim evidence it is correct.

How do we find truth?

bluebird likes this.
  15. mac

You keep searching but one of the first things to look for is understanding of the simple aspects. Then you can judge whether the less-simple ones appeal to your reason, making your own judgment call in effect, something you may have to learn to live with.

16. Convolution

It seems what you have found is different from what Roberta has found.

Do you believe that to he an indication that one view isn't quite in line with truth, or do you believe that two opposing views can both be true?
    (As in, perhaps the afterlife is so influenced by the subjective experience, that there is little objective structure- what can happen for one may seem impossible to another)

17. mac

That's part of what we learn to accommodate - in life there will ALWAYS be others of a different view.

Both views can contain correct elements of the complete picture or contain elements that are not correct.

That's not the way I experience it.

18. mac

What I have found is different from what a lot of others have found. Take a hike and you'll likely see stuff the previous hiker didn't see yet you'll both end up back in the parking lot anyway.

19. Convolution

I like to believe that in life, we can all have different views, but there is one truth.
    I could be wrong about that. If I am, then it definitely changes the way I will approach a lot of my search.

Perhaps there is also just no way to get to whatever the truth is. All we get are approximations and are ever unsure.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:38 PM
  20. mac

Binary logic won't work because we're not faced with a small number of possible outcomes that are 'true' or 'false'.

Is there any single issue, or a number of issues, that is/are 'the truth'? Or isn't it much simpler? All things that are correct - all things that are 'true' - are part of the totality of truth?

What do you think 'the truth' is? Do you think you'll find (quote) "one truth"?