1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Do psychics communicate with the comatose?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Eleanor White, Aug 3, 2017.

  1. mac

    mac senior contributor

    quote: "Eleanor replying:
    Actually, one of the largest areas of animal communications activity is contacting deceased pets. There is an inexpensive book (amazon) titled "Animals and the Afterlife" with many testimonials about how much accurate detail was reported to pet owners by way of animal psychics. That book was how I came to make use of animal communicator services. Author is Kim Sheridan.
    My first experience with an animal communicator was my attempt to contact a wild squirrel with whom I had bonded so well I could pick her up. The communicator is located in California, and I'm in Ontario, Canada. We had never met. The communicator amazed me with the detail she "knew" right off the bat, with no prompting from me whatsoever. The very first words she spoke, in fact.
    The communicators I know tell me they are no different from any other psychics."

    What you've described sounds to me exactly similar to 'psychic reading' in which a sensitive 'reads' from their subject what's in that subject's psyche. The accuracy of the details may seem uncanny but a competent psychic is simply doing what competent psychics can do.

    [As an aside here, an inexperienced seeker may misunderstand and think that information provided by a psychic medium has originated from a spirit communicator. A 'psychic medium' is different from a 'spiritual medium']

    Proximity doesn't matter, California or Ontario or anywhere else in this world. Subject and sensitive can be on different continents north and south of the equator, thousands of miles apart.

    Psychics who 'read' animals are, I accept, likely no different from psychics who read humans BUT that doesn't mean a psychic can necessarily read a human or an animal or even both.

    And even if they can read animal and human alike, who could corroborate what the sensitives are telling us that their human or animal contacts are actually 'saying' to them?
     
  2. jimrich

    jimrich Active Member

    OK!
    Yes, how could they?
    Whatever you say........
     
  3. jimrich

    jimrich Active Member

    I loved that video! The animal communicator who talked with our cat used the same, silent style/method.
    It's interesting and very impressive that the Rescuer/Trainer breaks down in tears at the sudden realization and acceptance of the fact that this angry, hurt and dangerous animal is actually able to understand him, the Trainer, and also RESPOND - even if only with "grunts" at first. The man is completely overwhelmed with surprise, joy and LOVE to suddenly know a mere, mindless animal is at least as intelligent and verbally articulate as any human and perhaps even more so! The animals have the advantage of being able to read our minds whereas very few of us can read their minds. It's good that the Rescuer/Trainer and his staff learned how to communicate with their animals from then on. People could use the same kind of communication with each other were is not for our early conditioning to be defensive and/or controlling. Maybe animals will some day teach humans how to open up and communicate BETTER.
     
  4. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    mac wrote:

    I guess it must be me failing to communicate effectively but when I wrote about communicating with the (animating) spirit of a living human being why did you then go on to talk about sensitives communicating with animals? Do you not see a chalk-and-cheese difference?

    Eleanor replying:

    Psychics are psychics, or so they tell me. Some specialize in animals because that is their interest, but they tell me they are equally able to communicate with people.

    mac wrote:

    Apart from what's being talked about now regarding alleged animal communication I have heard nothing that suggests that sensitives can 'speak' to animals other than in the way I've suggested elsewhere.

    Eleanor replying:

    Animal communicators tell me that animals mainly transmit feelings and images. The communicators translate the feelings and images into words for the benefit of their clients.

    I brought animal communicators into the subject because there are quite a few of them and the question of number of psychics was raised.

    Eleanor White
     
  5. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    You would probably like that book "Animals and the Afterlife" by Kim Sheridan then!

    Eleanor White
     
  6. mac

    mac senior contributor

    When they say "communicate" with people, do they mean in the way you've mentioned below, via feelings and images? If so then do you still not see why I ask if communicating about life-influencing issues with the animating spirit of a human being is very different from linking psychically with an animal?



    I fear that the difference between psychics and spiritual mediums, something I thought would be understood, is not clear.
     
  7. jimrich

    jimrich Active Member

    The animal communicator, who came to talk with our cat, had the same communication with our cat and then translated the images/feelings, etc. into words for us. Unless one can do what the medium does, it's a very difficult process to describe using words only. The same is true of a conventional Readings where the Medium has to convert everything into words for the "ungifted" client.

    Re: "You would probably like that book "Animals and the Afterlife" by Kim Sheridan then!"
    Thank you for this book recommendation.
     
  8. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    SECOND TRY - FIRST REPLY VANISHED:

    mac wrote:

    I guess it must be me failing to communicate effectively but when I wrote about communicating with the (animating) spirit of a living human being why did you then go on to talk about sensitives communicating with animals? Do you not see a chalk-and-cheese difference?

    Eleanor replying:

    The animal communicators tell me they are no different from other psychics, and would be able to communicate with people as well.

    mac wrote:

    Apart from what's being talked about now regarding alleged animal communication I have heard nothing that suggests that sensitives can 'speak' to animals other than in the way I've suggested elsewhere.

    Eleanor replying:

    Animals communicate mainly by way of feelings and images. Animal communicators translate (i.e. describe those feelings and images) for their clients.

    Eleanor White
     
  9. mac

    mac senior contributor

    This looks to me like posting #24.....
     
  10. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    Really odd how I've posted two replies, which sometimes display here and sometimes do not display. But here's something I'd like to reply to:

    mac wrote:

    I suggest there's no indication how many of them might be able to link to the spirit of a live human.

    Eleanor replying:

    Telepathy with living beings seems to happen all the time, according to reports. And the animal communicators are equally adept at contacting living or deceased animals.

    Eleanor White
     
  11. mac

    mac senior contributor

    That doesn't indicate much of anything and especially not the issue about why any claimed / supposed animal-psychic could then link telepathically with the animating spirit of an uncommunicative human.

    Your remark is that it's how things seem, that it's according to reports, but where is the evidence?
     
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  12. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    mac wrote:

    That doesn't indicate much of anything and especially not the issue about why any claimed supposed animal-psychic could then link telepathically with the animating spirit of an uncommunicative human.

    Your remark is that it's how things seem, that it's according to reports, but where is the evidence?

    Eleanor replying:

    Evidence for any class of psychic activity seems to be solely by way of what experiencers report. I haven't heard of any type of psychic "radio receiver" which can produce direct evidence of a psychic event.

    But even though evidence of psychic events is sketchier than evidence in other more directly measurable arenas, I think it is worth trying with the uncommunicative, and that would include any animal psychics who might volunteer to try.

    Eleanor White
     
  13. mac

    mac senior contributor

    When I asked about evidence it relates to what you wrote, viz. "Telepathy with living beings seems to happen all the time, according to reports. And the animal communicators are equally adept at contacting living or deceased animals."

    The evidence I was asking about is evidence that it "happens all the time" and evidence that "..animal communicators are equally adept..." etc.

    You're suggesting these things are so but I'm asking where the evidence is to show it.

    Now you're saying it could be a free-for-all, anybody-have-a-go at "trying with the uncommunicative" to use your words. Is that really the way to persuade family that some unknown might be able to communicate with their comatose loved one?

    Tell you what; I wouldn't want anyone I couldn't vet myself from trying it on my loved ones. I'd want a medium who's well experienced in evidential mediumship, someone who can distinguish between psychism and mediumship, someone who's used to seeking facts for authentication that a supposed message is kosher, someone who can deal with questions, someone who works with humans rather than pets.

    Then maybe we'd have a good starting point. Your mileage may vary....
     
  14. Eleanor White

    Eleanor White New Member

    mac wrote:

    Tell you what; I wouldn't want anyone I couldn't vet myself from trying it on my loved ones. I'd want a medium who's well experienced in evidential mediumship, someone who can distinguish between psychism and mediumship, someone who's used to seeking facts for authentication that a supposed message is kosher, someone who can deal with questions, someone who works with humans rather than pets.

    Eleanor replying:

    I'm certainly no expert in psychic techniques, though I suspect the same skill operates during various forms such as contacting the living, contacting the dead, contacting animals.

    I believe that someone who has made it on to Bob Olson's verified list would indeed be the top choice.

    I think I'll just leave it here, as a simple suggestion - and I leave it to experts to decide whether the suggestion is good or bad.

    Eleanor White
     
  15. mac

    mac senior contributor

    Yes I think we've explored this subject far enough now.

    The reality appears that it's unlikely anything much will change until either practitioners take steps to change the status quo or - and this I see as highly unlikely - they are approached and asked.
     

Share This Page