1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Do psychics communicate with the comatose?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Eleanor White, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

Do psychics communicate with comatose patients?

Wouldn't that dramatically improve their lives?

I've heard stories that the comatose are actually
    conscious during their ordeals.

The comatose could select which TV/radio
    programs to have on for them, for example, and
    what visitors they would like, and psychics could
    convey messages between the comatose and their
    loved ones.

The potential good which could come out of this if
    made a regular part of medicine would be astro-
    nomical!

** In a similar but different vein, psychics could also
    determine which people declared dead might still
    actually be alive - another very important service.

Just wonderin'

Eleanor White

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I asked a similar questions several years ago on several forums. The answer appears to be 'sometimes'.

potentially

It's possible they're aware of their condition but it's not certain it would automatically be the case for all.

Yes, perhaps! But how would we set up such a system even if we could find enough reputable sensitives prepared to provide such a service? Not impossible but far from simple.....

It all sounds possible but how on earth could you begin such a process? How could you be sure a psychic practitioner was competent to reach a judgment? How could you be sure bias or prejudice didn't color their verdict?

In all situations, how would you persuade those responsible for the care of an uncommunicative individual that a psychic practitioner was in actual contact with the animating spirit of that individual and was accurately/honestly conveying the wishes of the individual?

3. mac

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I'm all for it but, since the medical establishment is all about $$$ & PROFITS, how would these Medium/psychics be trained, tested and licensed? The greedy and ignorant doctors would have a FIT!

Dreamsurfer likes this.
  5. mac

Let's not forget that folk live in various parts of this world - not everyone on ALF is an American!

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Sonia Rinaldi in Brazil is doing this extensively - and she will be at the Scottsdale Symposium in September!

7. mac

Will she be giving a presentation on this subject?

I've recently begun to wonder if the widespread provision of such a service might be a way to introduce folk to the notion of our having animating spirits. If so it would be in a practical and enormously beneficial way. Whether there are sufficient, competent sensitives to provide such a service is highly uncertain even assuming all other potential difficulties could be solved.

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Mac, I'm not sure about what her presentation will include, but I think there will be something about this communicating with non-communicative living people, yes!

9. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

mac wrote:

Yes, perhaps! But how would we set up such a system even if we could find enough reputable sensitives prepared to provide such a service? Not impossible but far from simple.....

Eleanor replying:

If such a service were to be made available, it should be binding on anyone offering or promoting the service that a standardized disclaimer should be given to those considering the service, outlining all the uncertainties.

As to finding enough sensitives, I don't see that as a major worry. First of all, only the comatose need the service, not everyone, not every medical patient. Second, a sensitive isn't going to be needed as a full time attendant, rather, many may only need a single consultation. Thirdly, not every caretaker of a comatose patient is going to request the service.

To say in advance that there aren't enough reputable sensitives so it should not be tried seems kind of shortsighted. If I ever become comatose, I sure hope someone will try that on my behalf.

Bob Olson has a fairly substantial list of mediums, and that would be one place to start.

There may be some animal communicators who would be willing to try as well, and there is a substantial list of them on animaltalk.net

I suspect that if this became popular, kindly caring folks would set up a registry specifically for this kind of patient care, as Bob Olson has done for mediums, and Penelope Smith has done for animals.

mac wrote:

It all sounds possible but how on earth could you begin such a process? How could you be sure a psychic practitioner was competent to reach a judgment? How could you be sure bias or prejudice didn't color their verdict?

Eleanor replying:

How to begin? Locate a sensitive with some sort of good track record who is willing, then have him or her offer this service to organizations serving the needs of the comatose.

As to bias/prejudice, nothing is guaranteed in life. But whether I were a comatose person or a family member, I sure would want to try anyway.

mac wrote:

In all situations, how would you persuade those responsible for the care of an uncommunicative individual that a psychic practitioner was in actual contact with the animating spirit of that individual and was accurately/honestly conveying the wishes of the individual?

Eleanor replying:

I would definitely NOT try to persuade a caregiver of anything. I would clearly state the uncertainties. However, as you probably know, many psychic contacts have resulted in details reported back by the contactee which are undeniably from them - where the practitioner could not have possibly known or guessed the details.

That applies both to human psychic contacts and animal contacts.

Eleanor White

10. mac

"To say in advance that there aren't enough reputable sensitives so it should not be tried seems kind of shortsighted. If I ever become comatose, I sure hope someone will try that on my behalf."

I didn't say anything of the sort. :rolleyes:

And if there is any myopia I think it's in expecting things to be as straightforward as you're suggesting.

11. mac

You're talking about just one single detail that doesn't relate to what I asked.

How do you know those details are right? It's conjecture unless you have the figures to support what you're claiming.

fair enough

animal communicators? :rolleyes: shidad

12. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

SINCERE apologies, mac - this is the well-known situation where it's easy when emailing, without benefit of tone of voice and body language, for a harsher meaning to come across than was intended.

I was just trying to be as brief as possible to say that I feel the possible barriers you describe aren't as big, as I see them anyway, as you do.

Again - apologies!

Eleanor White

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  13. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

mac wrote:

You're talking about just one single detail that doesn't relate to what I asked.

Eleanor replying:

My point was that a disclaimer acknowledging that, among other things, any given psychic may not be perfectly competent and that accuracy absolutely cannot be guaranteed would be enough of a hedge, in my opinion.

mac wrote:

How do you know those details are right? It's conjecture unless you have the figures to support what you're claiming.

Eleanor replying:

The probable details of how much service and how often are my estimate, based on life experience. I think they are reasonable. I can't see how frequent or constant attendance by a psychic would ever be requested by family or caregivers, except in the rare case, maybe, where a family or caregiver were extremely wealthy. Again, that's my opinion.

mac wrote:

animal communicators? :rolleyes: shidad

Eleanor replying:

I've used animal communicators on a number occasions, and they are psychics like any other. They can communicate with people just as well as any other living thing.

And their clients, typically pet owners, give them very high marks in terms of accuracy in knowing things about pets which they could not have simply guessed.

Anyway, I'm just tossing out the idea ... it very much appeals to me.

Eleanor White

14. mac

Please forgive my bluntness but if that's what you meant you should have said so. It still didn't relate, though, to my words you quoted.

And that's fine but you didn't say it was just an estimate. I'm pretty sure I could readily argue alternative points but the main issue is that there simply are no facts. My guess is that there are many individuals who are unable to communicate verbally including those in a persistent vegetative state, or are severely autistic or have other conditions that prevent communication. Add to those the increasing number of dementia sufferers and the picture may be a whole lot bigger. Wouldn't those latter categories be seen as equally deserving of help?

I appreciate you were "just tossing out the idea...." an idea that appeals to you.

But my more-detailed response is to ask whether an ability to pick up details about a pet suggests a psychic might then have the attributes necessary to telepathically communicate with the animating spirit of a 'locked-in' human?

We don't have much idea how many psychics or mediums can reliably communicate with discarnates and even that can be viewed with deep skepticism. I suggest there's no indication how many of them might be able to link to the spirit of a live human.

15. mac

thank you - apology accepted

16. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Many years ago my 1st wife and I met a woman who was an animal psychic so she came to our house to talk with a female Siamese cat we had just taken in off the streets. The cat gave birth to a litter of 4. The psychic talked with our cat and told us what all the cat had to say about being taken in and how much she (the cat) appreciated having a safe, comfortable place to deliver her babies and was even more grateful to us for keeping all of them with us. There is more to this remarkable story but it's enough to say that we were quite impressed with the psychic woman and her book about talking with animals (don't recall her name) and how well she talked with our mamma cat that day. She explained a lot about how animals can read our minds and would communicate with us if we (people) would let them. We kept all of those cats until they either crossed over or ran away. This may have nothing to do with communications with the comatose but it opened my eyes to how alert and alive we are outside of our bodies. The story of Anita Moorjani indicates just how alive and alert we can be when our bodies seem over and done with. Communicating with the comatose seems perfectly logical to me but then, I already have faith in Mediums. It might be interesting for a comatose patient to say, "Go ahead and pull the plug! I'm done here, for now!" I know Irene would have said that!

Widdershins3 likes this.
  17. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

mac wrote:

My guess is that there are many individuals who are unable to communicate verbally including those in a persistent vegetative state, or are severely autistic or have other conditions that prevent communication. Add to those the increasing number of dementia sufferers and the picture may be a whole lot bigger. Wouldn't those latter categories be seen as equally deserving of help?

Eleanor replying:

Absolutely! Excellent ideas.

mac wrote:

We don't have much idea how many psychics or mediums can reliably communicate with discarnates and even that can be viewed with deep skepticism. I suggest there's no indication how many of them might be able to link to the spirit of a live human.

Eleanor replying:

Actually, one of the largest areas of animal communications activity is contacting deceased pets. There is an inexpensive book (amazon) titled "Animals and the Afterlife" with many testimonials about how much accurate detail was reported to pet owners by way of animal psychics. That book was how I came to make use of animal communicator services. Author is Kim Sheridan.

My first experience with an animal communicator was my attempt to contact a wild squirrel with whom I had bonded so well I could pick her up. The communicator is located in California, and I'm in Ontario, Canada. We had never met. The communicator amazed me with the detail she "knew" right off the bat, with no prompting from me whatsoever. The very first words she spoke, in fact.

The communicators I know tell me they are no different from any other psychics.

Eleanor White

18. Eleanor White

Eleanor White New Member

Hey folks, here's a quick but impressive short video about a very effective animal communicator who helped a wildlife rescue facility:

Eleanor White

enby likes this.
  19. mac

That's right, it isn't really anything to do with the topic subject but invites a comment.

First I'm not saying that a sensitive can't communicate with a pet but how could one authenticate what the sensitive claims the pet 'said'? I can accept, though, that a psychic may be able to 'align' psychically with an animal and sense its feelings and give an interpretation of them. It's similar to what happens with other 'translations' but as for the animal actually talking to the sensitive I am not persuaded.

And exactly how could those who have responsibility for that uncommunicative patient be certain that it's not the practitioner's idea/prejudice/mistake that is being conveyed as such a wish? ridiculous!

20. mac

And it has the potential for great benefit if protocols could be established and if there were reliable practitioners available in sufficient number to follow those protocols.

I guess it must be me failing to communicate effectively but when I wrote about communicating with the (animating) spirit of a living human being why did you then go on to talk about sensitives communicating with animals? Do you not see a chalk-and-cheese difference?

Apart from what's being talked about now regarding alleged animal communication I have heard nothing that suggests that sensitives can 'speak' to animals other than in the way I've suggested elsewhere.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017