1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Dis-incarnate appears in a pet.

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by jimrich, Jul 25, 2017.

?

What ways do your departed loved ones come to visit you?

1. as my pets, various animals, strangers, plants, objects,

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. imaginings, feelings, sounds, smells, sights

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I was talking on the phone with a lady friend about her crossed over husband and asking if he ever visits her. She said no! And then, in a cautious, low voice, she, "I don't say this to others 'cos people will say that I'm losing my mind but, I sometimes feel that my late husband is here in the body of my pet back Labrador that I brought home shortly after my husband crossed over!" "He (the dog) often gets on my bed with me and when he snuggles up next to and embraces me, I get the feeling that it's my husband inside of the dog! It's so sweet!"
    What ways do your crossed-over loved ones come visit you?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. mac

mac old member Staff Member

It's my view that a loved one might engage with a pet in a manner slightly different from the way described.

That might happen by drawing close and aligning their personal, spiritual 'vibrations' with those of the pet. In that way it could enhance the sensation of a loved one's presence but I'm not persuaded that the subject's husband was "...coming to be with her inside of her pet dog."

And it could simply be fanciful and wishful thinking, hoping, by the wife.

Unlikely to be proven but provided an individual is comforted then no harm done whatever the actual situation.

3. mac

I wonder who was "bothered"? Not me as jimrich has me on his 'ignore' list. (although only mac has responded thus far) He SURELY wouldn't go looking at what this nobody had to say about his ideas or any others' come to that..... LOL :D Maybe Irene told him what I'd written, eh?

It would be interesting to hear from others experiencing something similar because otherwise it's unsupported hearsay how many claim to have.

Of course nobody needs to be SCARED, or even scared, by such an event when their experience has brought them comfort.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I see no indication in mac's post that he is either bothered or scared in response to the original post....he just gave his opinion regarding the anecdote provided, as is one of the purposes of posting. Actually I've never seen him "scared" of anything to do with the possibility of an afterlife or any other subject discussed on this forum -- he's been involved in "the spooks" (as he puts it ;)) for way too long for that, lol. He simply didn't happen to agree.

As for the woman in the anecdote, here's my opinion -- there's no way for any of us to know whether or not her husband visited her via her dog. She is really the only person who might possibly know that, and either way (whether her husband is visiting her via her dog or not) if it helps her and makes her feel better, then it can only be a good thing.

5. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

All of my experiences with my loved one have never felt like he was "in" their body but I can only speak for myself. I know they can "impress" upon other people, us, and animals. I have experienced on many occasions where he has done this. One time, early on, he had sent me a sensation and I was trying to think of how to describe it. I was talking to myself (in my head) and said "It feels like..". My daughter, out of nowhere, said "cold chills". I asked her why she said it and she had no idea why.

I also feel when he has used insects or animals to get my attention, it's him using his energy to do so. Sometimes he does things that give one the impression he is a puppeteer.

I know Roberta has mentioned some use remotes in some way but obviously I have no clue about that.

What I do know is it's amazing when they do it. I do love it and it always makes me smile.

jimrich likes this.
  6. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I didn't cast a vote because they all don't count for me but I'll say here is what I get:

1-I can feel him tousle my hair or run his fingers through them.
    2-I can feel the tingle as he touches the sides of my face and moves down along it.
    3-Cold chills, cold chills, cold chills. Often on my rear-end which makes me laugh.
    4-Waves of emotion and what I describe as a euphoric feeling. I'm uncertain what he's doing during that time to cause that but it's quite lovely along with the waves.
    5-Sometimes, this isn't often, I'll turn a corner or stand up and feel his presence is very strong in me so much that I can "feel him". I say taste him but that sounds so weird but it's strong and it's an impression I believe but so different from when he unfolds images, etc to me.
    6-I get ear pops, high pitch frequency in typically one ear, a deafening moment in my ear, and a pressure shift. It's very sudden and quite noticeable.
    7-Songs, all the time. He will send me major cold chills or sometimes play 3 songs in a row that are special to me. I also love it when he drops in a song at large events or in places where the music isn't the norm for that station. I was in a large department store one time and he did that. It was funny because the song stopped as soon as someone realized it wasn't the norm and they changed it back to their normal music. He also did this at a large amusement park.
    8-Multiple rainbows at times. All different directions and different places and within timeframes that are crazy. I'm always in awe of this.
    9-Smells sometimes but not a primary.
    10-Strong tingling in concentrated areas. It feels Ah-mazing.
    11-Many more that no one but me cares about, lol. He's with me everyday. Just listed these for those who might need help identifying if what they are receiving are actual signs and/or presence. Left off the "heat wave" air, now that's amazing to see and makes you get your eyes checked.

I never have "imagings" though, not sure what that is but all of mine are never imagination.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    jimrich likes this.
  7. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I'm sorry that you've have some encounters that have been unpleasant for you. For me, I've found nothing but genuine help here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no issues with that. The ignore list isn't quite my thing but I hope that it's helping you.

I'm sure you didn't intend it but when you say "my story" it came across as implying it's fictitious which is incorrect. I am quite aware that what I'm sharing seems bizarre. When I first came to this site and read some of the things people shared, I felt they were more than what my brain could handle, seemed unreal and impossible "for me". But he was reaching out to me and that I couldn't ignore.

Before I met him, I didn't believe in true love. Before he died, I believed in life after death with no research and most definitely not ever expecting this. What I have found to be a fact is that true love makes ALL things possible. It just takes work on both sides. He's here for my healing and works as one of my guides now.

I post these things to be of service, to help those who may be wondering. I loved when Carol posted the signs/encounters about Mikey that seemed impossible and how she felt. Her sharing that helped me tremendously. I could identify and it helped me to step into what was coming for me. It's not easy stuff for some people to process and I don't need approval or everyone to believe me. She stepped out and shared hers and I'm so grateful. Now I do the same when I feel it is right.

What I also love is that this part of my journey extends past just the two of us. He's helping me help people, we are helping people. He's got his life and I've got mine and then we have this part, our new life, our new norm. It's quite remarkable.

....and I'm happy to answer any questions anyone may have about anything I've written.

Have a wonderful day!

8. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

It doesn't seem "bizarre" to me from what little I know about the Afterlife and connections with Dis-incarnates. I see your share as both normal and believable.

I have the same attitude on sharing.

Have a wonderful day!

9. mac

The member who posts as jimrich is playing a game. If I'm on his 'Ignore' list at all then he will activate and deactivate at will and has indicated before that's what he does. So there's never any need for anyone to press their 'Quote' button before they make a response to what I write so that jimrich would then be able to respond to it while playing his game of pretending he doesn't look at my postings. :D He's;) a real lad alright.

Never any need to be sorry about what you claim but it might be better if the woman herself were to 'speak' for herself and explain matters personally. Until then it's hearsay and member jimrich can't of course KNOW, or indeed just know, the position from her perspective as he wan't personally involved.

To repeat myself, jimrich can't of course know it happened as he wasn't personally involved. And he couldn't prove it to any individual any more than he can prove what we writes about his late wife Irene. ;)

A "good thing"? Of course a visit from a loved one to bring help and comfort is likely to be a good thing for anyone when it achieves its objective.

Laughs Out Loud! :p Oh, no! Look like someone else may end up on the 'Ignore' list of the member calling himself jimrich. (this time)

:eek: shock, horror What will we regular members here do with ourselves after being ostracised in that way?

LOL indeed! :D

10. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

My bad, I meant "this story" and was thinking "my"

Thanks for clarifying and all the comments. I also treasure reading what you and others on here write about their knowledge and experiences.

11. mac

What you're reporting isn't bizarre to anyone familiar with afterlife issues. I understand any uncertainty you might have felt earlier in disclosing your story but as you've found this is not a place to be concerned. It doesn't mean we accept just any old story but some ring true when others are less persuasive. It's good you've been able to relate your account and how things are moving forward for you.

I became very fond of Carol and Mikey over the years they posted guidance and ideas here on ALF but that's not to say I didn't question what was being said. I do it when I need to be reassured that what I'm hearing isn't just fanciful. Folk may not like it but Silver Birch and others counselled we should 'test the spirit' and absolutely nobody is exempt from that principle. Sometimes no 'testing' is needed but the spirit communicating should already know and be prepared to respond. Over the years that Carol wrote on this website we explored many subjects and eventually the book that she and Mikey put together was published. Sadly they left us but it's good to hear you're doing your bit to help whenever you can.

It's a wonderful thing to be able to help others with afterlife subjects. It's also wonderful that you understand that you both have your own, separate lives but that you both share a new one together, a new norm as you put it. This may be the shape of things to come with the importance of mediumship becoming less and less in the future..

Unexpected likes this.
  12. bluebird

jim,

I concluded that you were responding to mac's post because when you made your second post in this thread, in which you mentioned knowing that someone would be bothered and in which you cautioned not to be scared, mac was the only person who had posted other than you. Quite a logical conclusion.

You are, of course, free to believe that you know the woman's husband visited her via her pet dog. That does not mean that you actually know, however. I'm not sure why it matters to you in any case, though I can see why it would be important to the woman. There's no need for you to try to prove it to me or anyone else, regardless.

If you are really so bothered by my mild post as to feel the need to add me to your "ignore" list, you may certainly choose to do so.

13. mac

:D:eek:

It struck me after the latest 'shunning' - the ignoring of one or more members by another member - that there's a distinct similarity between a certain member and a certain American president.

Just like the president, the individual will say anything he likes, no matter how contentious, but if one disagrees or challenges one or more of the following happens.

1. The response is ignored.
    2. The response is mocked.
    3. A response may be made involving some SHOUTING but often still ignoring and/or mocking key points.
    4. If there were any way to sack you, whoever you are, he would but when he can't he bans you from his presence by adding you to his 'Ignore' list.

I expect there will be other similarities but that's enough for now. ;)

14. bluebird

I did notice that he ignored the rest of my post, quoting only the bit which appealed to him. Oh well.

15. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

Hello! It was late and I was tired. I didn't realize it would send the post via email if it exceeded the character limit. If you could please remove all of them and I'll create a new thread sometime this week.

16. Unexpected

Unexpected Active Member

I'm on my mobile phone so I'm uncertain if this will separate it out like you have it so I'm just lumping it altogether.

1-First, thank you! These afterlife matters can feel isolating. This forum, Roberta, you and many others remove that. I read so many sites and some just, for the lack of better words, were hogwash. I would read it and just know I needed to keep searching. I felt I was led to this site and a couple of other places. It's been instrumental for my spiritual journey and learning about the afterlife in general.
    2-I have read the book you mentioned. I'm still amazed Carol was able to get all of that in the way she did using the pendulum. I had a hard time finding the video of it. I think it would be neat to repost that if you still have it. The book is an excellent read and I encourage others interested to buy it.
    3-I am SO thankful you encourage validating who you are dealing with. I read that on here and took it to heart because who wants to deal with some troublemaker in the afterlife? Please don't stop sharing that. I'm grateful there are things in place to do that. Perhaps you could share a new thread on this focusing on ways to do it or what might be a "good" validation vs one that isn't?
    4-I want to clarify that my helping is very very subtle. I've noticed that when I'm talking to someone, sometimes he will impress a topic for me to focus on. I'm often wondering why I'm talking so much about it to later find out it was exactly what they needed to hear and they are so grateful. I never mention afterlife in these situations. I tend to only reassure them to "listen" to what they feel. Often times they will say they already knew that. I do believe that's our guides. Not everyone's journey is the same as mine so I "drop" things in other times and step away. I find that I rarely truly share what I've experienced with my loved one because people, depending on their state, can't understand just yet but it does sorta plant a seed when I do. When I encounter grievers, I am very cautious. Often times while I'm listening and contemplating whether it's appropriate to assure them their loved one is not dead, he will send me cold chills or I will hear "it's okay". Now, does him giving me the okay mean they will be receptive? Not necessarily but also doesn't mean they won't be. What I have seen is that it appears to bring them peace. I don't do this all of the time, only when I "feel" it is correct. My guides and my loved one have never steered me wrong in this area. I never even tell the grievers much of anything. Few words are needed to try to comfort those grieving but the love is apparent and they welcome it.
    5-We need the good mediums to stay around regardless. I hope they do. If that phone ever works, it will be amazing though, won't it? To hear my loved ones voice, I can't even fathom.

17. mac

You've done a great job replying, something I'd struggle to do using a cell phone with such a tiny screen. I need to be able to see most of the posting to feel comfortable I'm answering clearly.

I'm glad to hear that the way things are here on ALF are suiting you - I'm kinda keen on this place too!

Yeah I wouldn't hesitate suggesting it to anyone needing an uplifting and illuminating read.

In terms of material for the book, although Carol continued to use her well-tried-and-tested pendulum technique, as the years passed she had become more-and-more a medium. By medium I mean an intermediary facilitating communication from the discarnate to the incarnate world. She facilitated the delivery of Mikey's words and ideas through telepathic mediumship. She was very modest about what she did even she acknowledged that in the later time the pendulum was more for reassurance and detail checking and that she 'heard' the words more than needed to spell them out. I had hoped she would develop further but she always said she wouldn't want to work as an evidential (spiritual) medium.

As for the video made some years back now, I checked it just a few minutes ago on the resources page I posted a few weeks back. The link took me straight to the video which began playing just fine. Perhaps accessing it via a smart phone is more of a faff but, then, smart phones and tablets seem to me quite a faff in many other respects.

I'd find it hard to specify exactly how one would validate/authenticate who one is communicating with. It's a situation that will vary so much from one individual to another but perhaps one important issue would be to be highly suspicious of anything 'out-of-the-ordinary' coming through to you, anything that makes you wonder what it's about.... Carol used to say her own little phrase to Mikey whenever they began their work and I suppose you might have something similar. Something that focuses both your mind/psyche and that of your husband because you're both expecting it to happen. If at any time things 'don't seem right' then discontinue or ask for something extra that's personal, something you'll both know is special to yourselves. It sounds dumb writing it that way and it is dumb because the link between you both is much more subtle than I can express. Maybe others here will have their own techniques that you might adapt or adopt?

What you're describing is exactly the right way, a subtle approach that will help someone needing encouragement and support. Even this dullard has sometimes found himself helping an individual almost out of the blue and wondering how he got there! At other times I've done it by myself and made a total hash of things.. :(

You're doing the right thing by allowing yourself to be 'steered' and guided into the right path of action and equally importantly you're observing the outcome to make sure it's working as you'd hope. As you point out the details of your own communication aren't necessarily important to someone else although at times you may find they will be.

I do hope that evidential mediums will find they're needed well into the future. The philosophy and religion that underpins my understanding has always had mediumship as a cornerstone for demonstrating survival. I hope that evidential mediumship has relevance in the future long after I've kicked my clogs. Despite all the criticism it gets - sometimes totally justified - at its best it's astoundingly moving, comforting and persuasive. But this old fart is still aware how the 'spooks' scene is changing and that personal trans-dimensional contact with loved ones via a self-guided afterlife connection technique is attracting folk. Maybe that will replace traditional evidential mediumship?

A widespread role for electronic communication devices has yet to be established. The so-called soul phone still needs to be perfected, the heyday of ITC appeared to end around the beginning of the millennium. Who knows what will follow? Maybe I'm spiritually myopic but I can't see a widespread change to non-mediumistic ways of communication in the decades ahead. But I likely won't be around anyway to see if I'm right or wrong!

18. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

They are all removed now and we look forward to your new thread.
    Have a wonderful day,
    jim

19. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Sorry to butt in here............
    When I tell folks, who know or knew Irene, that she is "right here", they often give me a mystified look and then say things to indicate that they think she is just in my mind, imagination or "in spirit" but NOT actually present and right here with us at this moment. I try not to convince anyone that Irene actually is right here since I'm pretty sure that will terrify them. It's strange to know something that most others do not believe in and I can't be prove it to them so I am satisfied with "dropping seeds" which may or may not sprout some day. I've often told those on the brink of death about the Afterlife and Irene in case it can help them in their final moments.
    Your posts are very powerful and inspiring so keep up the good work.
    Have a wonderful day,
    jim

20. bluebird

Unexpected,

You said "Not everyone's journey is the same as mine", and mentioned that you are therefore cautious in mentioning the afterlife to others. I just want to say that in my opinion it is very important to acknowledge and understand that each person's journey through life, and especially as concerns spirituality and the afterlife, is unique to that person, and I am always heartened when people appreciate and respect that. ;)

Unexpected likes this.