1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

'Direct Voice' potential or something else?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Amy, May 13, 2017.

1. Amy

Amy Member

Hi I am new here.

Thanks for reading this.

I'm a trance medium, (although a fairly slack one I'll admit), I am looking for some insight please.

My questions relate to direct voice mediumship, and help defining what is going on.

I've been talking on the phone recently (mobile/cell), to two particular people (my sister and cousin, both of whom I'm close to). Nothing remarkable about that. However, they both report hearing a voice speaking to them that comes out of nowhere. "Hello" - was said very clearly - to my sister. It sounded like a formal British man speaking. Then, there was nothing more said. The following day, in a subsequent phone call to my sister, another voice spoke out of the blue, this time it was a woman, and fainter, but still clear: "Hello".

While I was reporting all this to my cousin, a few days later over the phone, a similar thing happened. "Hello" through a lot of static, and this was said three times over a period of about 1 minute, intersected by static, each "hello" seemed to grow dimmer until there was nothing more said and no static.

The funny thing is, I could not hear any of this! Only they could hear it. I wondered if it was their practical joke, haha, but both of them wouldn't be so mean I dont think.

Fast forward and my daughter and I have returned to our house after shopping, to hear a voice in our hallway. This time it was quite garbled - sounded like some sort of baby dinosaur. This at first, concerned me, but I read afterwards that spirits at first can communicate in a garbled way until they get the hang of it.

And about two weeks ago...whispers were heard on the phone again by my sister. Again, I could hear nothing.

Thanks for getting so far. So...is this the start of what could be direct voice mediumship (which would excite me no end), or is this something else, EVP, for example? I seem to be the link/ingredient here that makes this happen?

Please note obviously I have heard the clear voices of spirits before, as a medium, but spoken to me in my head, although I have heard them very clearly. I have never heard them speak out loud like this. (And still haven't - it seems everyone else can hear them but me, except for the hallway voice that time).

I also saw a small but beautiful light floating in the top corner of my dark room one night while I was lying there on my bed. It was fleeting, but so nice.

Penny for your thoughts??? Greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. mac

mac old member Staff Member

Who sits with you when you're working in trance? Do they hear anything other than the voice coming through you? If so then it might be the beginning of 'the direct voice' but at this point it's too early to be sure. That mode of communication, though, has always been pretty uncommon but it doesn't preclude it.

In trance the medium may not hear the direct voice but when sitting in a circle or group others should. Without that scenario it's hard to determine the actual source although as a clairaudient medium you're familiar with voices 'in your head' so to speak.

EVP is a possibility given the proximity of electronic equipment when the voice was heard. The frequency of this mode of communication appears to be on the rise. You might want to research this subject and try for yourself some experiments.

There's a thread in one of the forums here discussing ITC and EVP with relevant links in it I think.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Amy! As you will learn from the threads that Mac mentioned, there are very advanced teams of dead researchers working closely with living researchers to try to develop an easy, reliable method of electronic communication between the living and those that we used to think were dead. We expect a cellphone app to be available within the next decade; the dead say it will be much sooner, but they have little concept of earth-time. The facts that you are a medium, and that the voices are generally saying a contact-making word ("Hello?"), suggest to me that perhaps - just perhaps! - yet another team might be trying to work with you in developing yet another kind of cellphone communication, perhaps one not even needing an app. Amy, why don't you ask your guides what is going on??

4. Amy

Amy Member

Hi there and thankyou very much for your reply.

Usually I'm alone when in a light trance as our old group folded many years ago. I'm quite shy and isolated, so no-one is around except me to hear anything. I am not in a deep deep trance at the time, so I'm aware of what's being said through my vocal cords. Usually it is beautiful messages for humanity, (that I dont share with anyone, lol, unless they ask! Hopeless hey.) Last year though, to my surprise, things seemed to rev up a bit as if I was being super tuned and I found myself using a lot of very long singing tones that seemed to amplify and reverberate a hell of a lot within me - as a way of tuning myself up prior to communication. I know it sounds quite ridiculous, but at that time I got souls speaking to me who told me historical details, and their names. When I googled their information I was quite blown away as to their accuracy. The reason I am telling you this is because I thought the voices on the cell/mobile phones and in the hallway could be a natural next step in all of this? If so, I would be so excited, but I am also aware I could be barking up the wrong tree.

So is it possible for a direct voice medium to not hear the voices that are spoken, but for the sitters to hear them only? What 'level' of trance does a medium have to be in for this to occur? I suppose a very deep one?

Thanks for your help, I would love to know even more about ITC and EVP. I did a bit of research after the cell and hallways voices but would ove to know more.

Can you recommend any experiments I can do? I thought about ringing my sister and just being on the phone in silence for ten minutes to see if she could hear anything? We have asked for them to step forward and say hello (only once, and nothing came), but I should keep trying I guess!

(Its interesting to note that I have a very good rapport with my sister and cousin - I wondered if that harmony was helping the spirit world to communicate as harmony is apparently important for direct voice circles).

Many thanks.

Amy

5. Amy

Amy Member

Hi there and thanks for your welcome. What you have written is just amazing! But I should not be surprised! Imagine an app!! Wow if that worked, it really would be revolutionary for those who are open to it! I'm very interested to learn more about these teams of researchers on both sides.

Gee I really hope what you said is the case - that a spirit team might be trying to work with me. I know it might be a long shot, and wishful thinking. However - its worth a shot to try and keep up with this. I asked Mac the same question - can you recommend any experiments I should be doing? Should I do all the typical things - like a prayer, singing, and then ring my sister and get her to listen?

I dont think it was a crossed line as there was no two way conversation, or a flow of conversation she could overhear - just these random" hellos" - and very clear. she said the tone was friendly - as if they wanted to say more.

Thanks for your help.
    Its hard to know who to ask about such matters!!

Regards,
    Amy

Edit: p.s my guides - I should ask them shouldnt I? So far Ive just been researching the net, listening to the Leslie Flint (famous direct voice medium) recordings etc. Tried to get his book from the library, but they didnt have it.

Further edit: Actually I have just read/listened on your forum that Leslie Flint was on the team trying to communicate using the stations? Its interesting because his face was one of the images I received last year when I was getting all that historical info coming through. At that point I didnt know who he was, but recognised his face later! (hmmm....)

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  6. mac

You should take a look at the discussions on this website concerning ITC and EVP for starters. Other information can be found online and as with any research time and effort will be needed to find what's appropriate for your needs.

For information concerning the direct voice take a look at http://zerdinisworld.com/?s=direct+voice&submit=Search

Research should help you decide if any are similar to what you've described.

May I suggest caution whenever allowing discarnates to use you? They may have your best interests at heart but equally they may not and working in isolation leaves you especially vulnerable to mischief-makers. Traditionally mental and physical mediums have developed their attributes working with a dedicated support group of sitters.

I can't recommend any form of experimentation as I don't know anything about you.

7. mac

try http://www.leslieflint.com/books - I imagine few libraries will carry such books.

The 'soul-phone' or 'spirit phone' is an as-yet-unproven concept, an app to run on one even more remote. If they were to become reality it would make communication mediumship redundant but by the time such devices might be perfected this world likely will have moved on in ways we can hardly guess.

Perhaps then today's high-tech smart phones and apps will look as dated a concept as the cell-phones or computers of 20 years back look now.

8. Amy

Amy Member

Hi Mac,

Thanks. I will look at those links you provided. If there are any particular parts of this forum re ITC and EVP that spring to mind, do you mind posting them here? I have had a bit of a look and a general look around on the net.

Dont worry I sat in a pyschic development & meditation group for over 10 years, I'm kinda way past the point of worrying about disincarnates taking advantage, but I do agree with you that a group is better, however I have not had that luxury lately. We are talking of getting some sort of group back together, however. Any kind of traditional direct voice development would obviously have to be done in a harmonious group setting. :)

I have spoken with my sister and told her about this forum. We are going to have sessions where we purposefully set aside time to see if any further communication comes over the phone. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your input and help,
    Amy

9. mac

http://afterlifeforums.com/forums/instrumental-transcommunication-with-stations.11/

http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/changes-of-character-after-death.2170/#post-43109

I had no luck searcing for EVP yet it has been discussed - it's possible one of the links above may lead to another link in one of the postings. I'll get back if I can think where else to search...

10. mac

11. mac

The search engine on this website doesn't accept - but doesn't always advise you - that the term evp is too short, or too common, (class distinction in a search engine?:eek:) for it to bother with.

Luckily it did better with evp's but didn't find evps other than for 2017 - go figure! I've just found that 'evp' worked OK too....

Maybe it's just me who's too dim to use a search engine effectively? :rolleyes:

12. Amy

Amy Member

Hi ya,

Ok, thanks very much for them, and for the search engine heads up. I will def have a look.

I've been sitting here reading a lot of good info on direct voice, from the link you provided (Zerdinis.com). Thanks - it is helpful!

Amy

13. mac

Glad I could help a little. :)

George Cranley, compiler of the website's resources, online pen name 'Zerdini', was amazingly knowledgeable. He founded The Noah's Ark Society, dedicated to the study and practice of physical mediumship.

Although not a practitioner, he was highly experienced, having sat with many well-known mediums from the last century's last decades.

Which country do you live in?

14. Amore

Amore Member

Hi mac and Amy!

Just wanted to add that when a forum software doesn't accept short search terms, you can instead search for it on google while setting google to the forum address, as in here:
    https://www.google.co.in/search?as_..._occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

117 results for evp, all on afterlifeforums.com. Hope that helps!

15. RobertaGrimes

Amy, what has caught my eye was your saying that you had heard from not-really-dead folks that you didn't know, and they had told you things about themselves that you could independent verify by Internet searches. Did this really happen? If yes, then it's huge! Did you keep any records? Are you able to do it again, freshly, and even on cue? If indeed you can, then please send me an email through the contact block at robertagrimes.com and let's get you studied!

16. mac

That's handy! I'll give it a try next time - thanks! :)

Could we get this stickied somewhere, Roberta, to make for fruitful searches? Or perhaps everyone else knew how to search this way already?

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  17. RobertaGrimes

Sure, we can sticky it!

18. mac

Oh, not the whole thread but just the way to search here using Google as above....

19. Amy

Amy Member

Hi Roberta,

yes it did actually happen. I know you dont know me from a bar of soap, and I could be a narcissistic fool or wishful wannabe, (and the worst one of all - I was accosted by deceased impersonators)- but I honestly feel none of those things apply, and yes, it did actually happen. Yes I did keep notes at the time, as I was intrigued. As I enjoy writing, I started to put one such experience down on paper in a format that read like a story to make it enjoyable to read, but I must admit I only got half way through it, but my raw notes would still all be there, yes. But I think this can happen hon, to certain mediums, so maybe I'm not worth studying that much lol, (seriously). But I am more than willing to hear more about what you have to say! :) Many thanks for your replies too, and your amazing vote of confidence. That is surely worth gold!! :)

AMY

P.s Edit: Sorry I just re-read your reply and I realised I didnt answer your questions fully. Could I do it again, freshly, and on cue? Well I believe I could do it again yes, probably often. But on cue? I am honestly not sure Roberta - because these things come from them (spirit world) - they kinda decide when to come - perhaps it is not so much up to me when I want it to happen? But...having said that - if I put my mental focus and sincere practice in that direction - who knows? Tell me more, if you wish.

PPS I have learnt a lot since listening to all these direct voice and some EVP recordings! I have learnt that the other side have just quietly stepped next door - our concept of death really is obsolete - obviously I knew that before - but BOY! Is our concept of death just TOTALLY obsolete or what!? (such is the casual banter and interaction of these so called 'dead' people - they chat with us just like you and I would - it really is like having a cup of tea with the not-so-dead-people-next-door ! OMG! I find these recordings just such an eye opener! A beautiful one!). (It is not like that as a medium for me - with deceased people's relatives - where I only get bits and pieces - not a long casual exchange. However trance of 'higher' beings is kinda a bit more like a flow of their words, yes).

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Amore likes this.
  20. Amy

Amy Member

Thankyou Mac, and thankyou Amore,

for your replies! :)

Mac,
    I think I am going to enjoy those links, and I just got my monthly internet data refreshed too, woooo! (So I can read a lot, yay!).

Yes, that guy Zerdini - yes - far out - what a resource! That is a really good online library almost about mediumship. Actually, it's honestly one of the best I've come across. I have bookmarked it, so I'm def going back there to read more. I've already learnt some stuff I really wanted to know from it. THANKS HEAPS for that, again.

Noah's Ark...that is good to know too actually, very good. I didnt know there was such a thing.

I am in Australia. At one point I lived briefly in England, like some of us Aussies do!
    I say that because you are in England, right? (profile obviously).

Many thanks,
    AMY