1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Details about the North American Station

Discussion in 'Instrumental TransCommunication with Stations' started by mac, May 30, 2016.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

"Not based on fact"? Really? For you to make such an authoritative statement, I assume you have done an intensive investigation that leads you so easily to dismiss altogether the work of the venerable entities who are setting up these Stations? It would be helpful to all of us, dear, if you would outline the investigation you have done that leads you to dismiss altogether the news that has been breaking here lately.

"But we've yet to see just one way of achieving basic predictable, reliable, repeatable interaction between one dimension and another. To suggest we'll all be able to chat using electronic equipment with our discarnate loved ones is pie-in-the-sky. It's a lovely notion but only a notion. If it were to happen I would have to admit I was wrong. I don't see me doing it in this lifetime." I love you, Mac, but occasionally you can let your crustiness overcome your more usual intellectual balance. We all will enjoy watching you eat these words. By candlelight. With a nice rose wine ;-).

And the story of Scole is interesting. The experiment was achieving remarkable results, and then it was inexplicably shut down. I heard much later that was done by the dead experimenters because people from our own future were trying to use the Scole portal as a way to time-travel. Hmmmm....

2. RobertaGrimes

Dear Mac, I have no mental image. The dead researchers who are building the North American Station are telling the living researchers what they are doing, and all my descriptions come from them. I don't think that anyone on earth fully understands what they are doing. Since no space exists where the dead are, the need for different Stations refers only to the language lexicon used in each; people have been communicating with the North American Station from Australia and the UK quite successfully. And as Andrew says, Illinois communicates with the Brazilian station. There have lately been some English communications through Brazil as well, so we think they may be experimenting with multiple lexicons in a single station. They have said some things that lead the living experimenters to surmise that they may be thinking now about using the (apparently very large) North American Station as a kind of worldwide communication center. The dead are still experimenting, after all! They want to set up good and reliable communication, but they aren't sure yet what that will look like.

And the identities of the dead researchers are immaterial in this! Who cares? Their point is to prove their survival so nobody can possibly ever refute it, and they are being smart about that. They are insisting that all the first mass communications must be between dead children and their parents. It is already happening in Brazil. And when thousands of parents have independently heard their own children's voices again, there will be no blinkered debunker on the face of the earth who can any longer hide the truth that the dead survive!

3. mac

mac host

Perhaps I might ask you to establish that what is hearsay is actually fact?

As an atttorney you'll know far more than any of us what constitutes 'facts' as opposed to uncorroborated information.... I'll pass on the wine as I'm reducing my alcohol intake to the new recommended levels (here in the UK) but I'll be happy to eat my words if and when details are established as fact.

Some of my my remarks related to the following "Dead experimenters are literally creating a permanent channel between there and here.They refer to it as "laying fiber-optic cable," and indeed we understand that the process involves spiritual light in some fashion, but I don't think that even Craig Hogan and Gary Schwartz (the two leading living U.S. experimenters) fully understand what the dead are doing. All we know is that they have created some large, solid, machinery-filled places called "stations" where people in their world will congregate to converse with loved ones in our world, while people here will be able to chat with those loved ones either by computer (initially) or by cell phone app (eventually, we think)."

Let's examine your first sentence. Where are the facts? The experimenters may well be working towards that goal but until the channel is established as permanent then it's not a fact.

Now the second sentence. Since when have third party accounts been taken as 'facts'? Isn't the customary situation that further investigation, a search for corroboration, occurs before facts are considered established? With little understanding of what our spirit-side friends are saying, how is it seen as factual?

Andrew offered the thought that you'd heard of the report of large, solid, machinery-filled places....etc. from an eye witness report. Presumably that eye-witness has been questioned to establish exactly what she/he saw? I do accept that it wasn't a mental image of your own but about that I did preface my words by saying
    ".... but is that more likely just her own mental image?" I ought to have said "Is it perhaps just her own mental image...." But I had simply asked a question and the answer to it was 'no'. It wasn't your mental image and I totally accept that.

You final sentence contained both past and future tenses. I think you'd agree that future events - things that haven't yet happened - can't be facts and details from historical ones may fairly be seen as hearsay unless they've been established as facts.

I approach things cautiously - sceptically - until details are established, to my own level of satisfaction, as fact. Please don't mistake that for crustiness. I've even been prepared to challenge our much-missed Mikey Morgan's opinions whereas I would never dream of challenging what he has told us he's experienced himself. But neither category would be seen as facts without solid supporting evidence, I suggest. Hence reports from
    even the most reputable of discarnate communicators need to be established as facts if they're going to be referred to as such.

When my 'pie-in-the-sky' remark about chatting with loved ones etc. is shown to be pie-on-a-plate, when being able to communicate in the way suggested is around-the-corner, I will grab a spoon and eat the biggest serving of humble pie you wish and also say "Thank you God." And I will enjoy my scepticism being proven as misplaced.

I lived through the Scole days. I was a subscriber to the New Spiritual Science Foundation. I was totally sold on the integrity and ability of the group working towards a fabulous goal. I followed every stage of their evolution and was 100% supportive of their aims. Your final word sums up beautifully - and way more politely! - my own reactions to the reasons offered for the failure to meets its prime goal.

"Hmmmmm..." quite!
    :)

4. mac

mac host

Dear Roberta. On all this I am happy broadly to agree with the points you've made.

It's, perhaps, regrettable that the stations are named as they are when geographical location has no significance - only the language used by its users.

Notwithstanding our bit of banter elsewhere, I'm excited at the possibilities BUT as yet they are only possibilities. I would LOVE for folk to later be able to say "What a wally mac was for pouring cold water on the venture." But I had the same level of enthusiasm and support for The Scole Experiment and we all know what happened to that.

Now I'm very cautious, more analytical, more prepared to ask questions, to challenge when facts are missing. I don't do belief, I don't do faith. I'll respond to the actuality of the situation. Tell me it appears that progress is being made, tell me that our unseen friends are working towards their goals and achieving meaningful success, tell me they think it could take some time yet and I'm perfectly happy to accept all of that.

I agree with the hopes you express in your final paragraph although I'd find it reassuring to learn that experimenters are being guided by individuals we know or know about. I think that's the human side of mac (yes he does have one!) and one that I share with other human beings. We like to know who we're dealing with.

As a parent whose full-term baby son died almost in my arms on the day he was born into this world I'm the very last person who needs any reassurance about the importance and significance of parents being united with their 'dead' child. And as a very ordinary Joe but one whose life was changed 35 years ago I know exactly what I'd like for everyone else to share with me.

But for now all those hopes are for the future, a future we can't know. Many a slip twixt cup and lip. I really do hope there won't be many slips, though.
    :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Nirvana,

I just found this section of Craig's website, which does contain several more clips in both English and Portuguese.

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Thank you for your even-mindedness, mac. I very much appreciate it.

7. mac

mac host

thanks for your thoughts, bb :)

8. mac

mac host

This is one of the pages that wwere part of my own search for understanding a couple of days back.

9. mac

mac host

I've been trying to keep my distance from this topic but I keep being drawn back. I accept the experimenters can call the tune and have decided that parents and children are to be the first. It had to start somewhere but why is parent-to-child smart?

Notwithstanding that, it appears this venture is bringing satisfactory results and I'm assuming that reliable verification of communicator identity is being achieved. After all, in conventional evidential/spiritual mediumship the same would be expected. I'm guessing the team now will be making plans for adult/adult contact through The Brazilian Station - is that correct?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  10. RobertaGrimes

Dear, it seems to me that the dead experimenters' parent-to-child-first requirement is especially clever for two reasons, quite apart from the fact that it seems to be especially compassionate:

1) Parents likely will be able most readily to tell that this really is their child. Voice, mannerisms, etc. I can't say this for certain, but as a mother and grandmother it seems right to me. A parent's relationship with a young child is the closest and most intense bond that we know.

2) Parents will become megaphones for the truth! This is the big one. If it is just a bunch of old people talking to their dead loved ones, perhaps there will be an air of decorum about it all. But when many members of Helping Parents Heal (a wonderful organization, now more than 7000 strong) have had the actual experience of talking with their children, then the word will spread in the whole bereaved-parent community like wildfire. It seems to me to be the quickest way to break the news to everyone that electronic communication really is reliably happening!

11. ekenda

ekenda Senior Member

Examples please- By "lexicon" do you mean the departed use a different vocabulary than the human population? --or is it akin to something like verbal shorthand? Just curious; Haven't noticed this myself. In my experience, Spirit personalities tend to use vernacular typical to the era in which he or she lived on the physical plain; they might utilize common slang or nick-names, something like that. Obviously there exists a conceptual barrier; observations concerning Spirit's dimension that cannot be properly understood by those mired in the physical dimension.

12. ekenda

ekenda Senior Member

The "parent-child communication first" concept definitely makes sense. The human child "imprints" on ~depends on~ the parent for emotional cues (creating a sense of safety and acceptance) until the child is well into his or her teen years --and to some degree beyond even that. I'm always dismayed when I hear a child has crossed over and the family is either not accepting the situation or doesn't "believe" in the possibility of life-after connection; leaving said child feeling isolated from his or her emotional center, virtually invisible to loved ones (Yes, I've heard there are care-givers in the other dimension, that's probably the case, but this certainly doesn't replace emotional bonds created in life)

Adult-to-adult communication (between friends or semi-distant relatives) is a sketchier proposition (adults have complicated relationships, which might include resentments and misunderstandings); I believe in some cases, the departed personality sees an adult friend or relative as being fully capable of handling grief and continuing on in an autonomous fashion --I can imagine the dis-incarnate individual thinking communication might, in some ways, impede that very necessary process.

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi, good to see you again! The transitioned dead do not seem to speak as such; rather, they actually communicate via telepathy. That's the problem with communicating with those in Summerland--one usually needs a medium to interpret their thoughts. The stations, however, are equipped with computer-like machines, and the dead can simply think their thoughts into them; the devices will then convert those thoughts into words. It's their computers that need a developed lexicon in order to achieve sophisticated communication, and we are working with the North American Station to help with this right now. The more the machines are used, the better their English-language lexicon will become.

14. ekenda

ekenda Senior Member

Hi Andrew- Yes, thank you; Having recorded Spirit speaking on-tape for many years, I'm aware of the mode of communication utilized by those in the Afterlife :) (I am, in fact, a medium). What I think you're saying is that the system will operate with the use of an English-language "bank" of sorts; something that is similar -yet undoubtedly vastly superior- to those utilized by current phonetic communication devices/apps (i.e. Digital Dowsing's Ovilus series). I read, in many cases, Sonia's clients were able to discern specific vocal characteristics intrinsic to the On-Living individual's physical voice -tone, cadence, etc. Having used the Echovox app (a random sampler, much like EVPMaker), I've found, even though this might be a somewhat rudimentary level, Spirit definitely is able to use on-board language-banks in order to sound/speak very much as they once did in life --It'll really be great to experience fluid conversation, can't wait. :)

15. mac

mac host

bumping an old thread up the forum board.....

Early summer this year this thread produced some interesting discussions. In some of my own postings I mentioned how I'd love to get Mikey Morgan's input on the situation he sees 'over there'.

At one point there had been some very confident suggestions that marked improvements in the clarity of communications with the North American Station could be expected by January 2017. I found that claim somewhat incautious and there was later some back-tracking about timing with up to 5 year hence later suggested as a more realistic date.

I'm cautiously expecting Carol and Mikey to return to our forum and I will then ask Mikey to give us his unique perspective about this particular ITC attempt.