1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Deleted

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Alert, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alert

Alert New Member

Deleted - see posting #7

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

My admittedly-limited meteorological understanding suggests such a change in strength is the natural order for hurricanes but adopting the belief mentioned can't do any harm..... ;)

3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Seriously?

You made a account just for that?

I have to award you the first ever Kurt's
    FOR THE LOLZ Trophy for that one.

Hurricanes are imo not as dangerous as people make them sound.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Hurricanes can be very dangerous. I've experienced quite a few of them, and I've been lucky -- I've never been hurt, or lost any lived ones, or list my home or possessions, but many people have.

5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That's true, but when you have reporters standing in the middle of one saying

"THIS IS LIFE-THREATENING AND IF YOU ARE HERE YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!"

Just leaves me wondering how stupid some can be. Then, you have Anderson Cooper on his knees in a flooded ditch saying "Look at this destruction!!" While everyone else is a few feet away on dry land....

Meanwhile? Actual destruction is nowhere to be found.

It's ridiculous...

Are some dangerous?

Yes.

Are most or even all over exaggerated?

Yes.

But I do see your point. Thank you for sharing.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I did hear of a hurricane occurring for about a week in advance now. I live in the south currently so that’s normal for us. They can be damaging to parts of a state but usually everything is recoverable with the exception of a human life unfortunately.

I saw that a post was deleted but was unaware as to what was said........ Anywho... I hope everyone’s day/night is going well.

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

In order to give context to this interesting thread, new member 'Alert' came back apparently just to delete his opening posting.

In it he had suggested that believing in the name of Jesus Christ, Hurricane Michael would change from a category 4 hurricane to a (presumably) tropical storm somewhat quickly.

I note he didn't wish to enter into discussion over my earlier response. ;):D

Kurt likes this.
  8. Alert

Alert New Member

Confirmed.

9. mac

Why did you remove your opening posting?

Kurt likes this.
  10. Alert

Alert New Member

A change of direction, as evidenced by my subsequent threads.

11. mac

It would be better you don't remove such thread-opening material without explanation.

Kurt likes this.
  12. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

If you delete your posts and leave moderated as the only thing left behind of them, then some people will wrongly believe that you were moderated.

Especially if that's the only word you leave behind.

And it makes the other moderators look bad, when they are actually good people.

13. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Very true.

Kurt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.