1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Death of a soulmate(spouse) : Single, Suicide or moving on in life?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by tobeornotbeQ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

AH, ok. Thanks for explaining. ;)

2. Waller

Waller Banned

Before you incarnated, your Higher Mind - who you really are - agreed, with the collective help of many others, to physicalize itself and follow specific set of paths or journeys in this physical, illusory existence. If suicide is part of that journey, so be it but be very, very certain that you use your free will in a manner consistent with the Higher Mind's need to experience your journey. I see no evidence that you have done so, that you recognize the physical illusion you are living or your purpose for existence in this physical plane. Until you do, then suicide is an option that cannot be balanced against your pre-life arrangements.

Depending on the level of spiritual progress, there is the analogy of time (event leads to event to event and on and on) but there is no physical necessity for time (no sun, no Earth, no rotations and orbits). In the upper realms of the afterlife, there is no event continuity at all.

3. I have no words to say that have not already been said, but I am very sorry for your loss and you have my utmost sympathy. If your cat is the only thing keeping you alive for now then have the cat be your life, until you can somehow find another reason to live as well. I agree with a lot of what has been said here. Reach out for the help that you need, let others be your lifeboat for the time being. Even if your cat and the people on these forums are all that you have, lean on us.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

To add to what Waller says, dear friend, please be aware that NDEs are not death, by definition. What happens during an NDE is exquisitely tailored to the needs of the experiencer, and this is particularly true of people who are attempting suicide: generally the primary wish is to inspire them to want to get back to living. A completed suicidal death is an entirely different kettle of petunias. There you would get to see what your whole planned life would have been, and you likely would regret very much indeed having blown your opportunity to do whatever important things were left in your life plan. It's impossible to know whether this is midlife for you, true, but if you die in a planned event next week then you will have lived your life. If you die by your own hand, you will have blown your life. Those who have died tell us that it is just that simple.

I'm sorry. I hate to be stern with someone who is hurting so badly! But please, please understand how much love there is for you here - I love you! - and please let us help you make the rest of your life meaningful!!

5. I would like to know how you know this?

Your idea of death/Gods plans seems to follow old contradictory catholic/protestant church teachings.

Catholics often say, oh it his/her time, god has a plan and has taken her to heaven to do something x.

Protestant on the other hand argue God has plans but has also given us free will, often the free will or the devils influence is blamed for their death not Gods plan. This includes all manners of death especially ones which have resulted in an action that results in there death, such as drink driving/smoking.

From what i can tell my life and its results are of my making. God/Jesus can influence ones life especially if you ask. But they don't like people who try to make deals with them. What i am saying is i don't think there are solid plans like you make out especially when it comes to ones death, in fact suicide like any event could be a part of a plan. like dominoes when you line them up and knock them over, if they are arranged correctly their effects then flow on to other domino's, life and death are no different. Just like you have said suicide has many flow on effects.

The difference between you and me, is this is only what i think not what i know. If you believe you know what God and Jesus think and they talk with you about it then trust in that.