1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Death of a soulmate(spouse) : Single, Suicide or moving on in life?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by tobeornotbeQ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I didn't know you were in the military. :)

2. Highlander

Highlander Established Member

Hi, PB. Yes I served in the USAF during the 'Nam era. Over and out! lol.

3. tobeornotbeQ

tobeornotbeQ New Member

I will not go into detail in how i have stuffed up my life but i believe the choices i have made have lead to my current circumstances. But in saying that i find myself arrving at a point of contradiction, actualy i feel its more one of deception. Because if i take any theory of our exsistence be it scientific/religious/paranormal, they all amount to somthing else controlling or at least influencing our actions.

But to your point, i agree totally i dont get how/why a person when reaching the afterlife would be upset at themselves for doing it? This is a little selfish in me saying so but so what if some people are upset, Many of the people who ctb, are alone with little left in there lives to loose. Many of the families who profess being upset after a suicide, event never understood what the person was going though.

In fact there seems to a be a choice presented here by selfish families, the individual must despite what they are suffering live till there "natural death" in misery. So the family can go on with there "happy lives".

4. tobeornotbeQ

tobeornotbeQ New Member

LOL, this made me laugh. In another wise serious and somewhat depressing thread.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Everything that I say here comes from communications from the dead over perhaps the past 170 years. None of it is based in the teachings of any religion. I don't have psychic powers, dear ToBe, but these communications are so abundant and so consistent that I trust them. And there is considerable evidence that self-murder - indeed, any murder - is NEVER part of anyone's life-plan!

6. janef

janef Moderator

Lol...kinda like.... Ffffore!!!

7. tobeornotbeQ

tobeornotbeQ New Member

I think you should read Robertas posts yourself. There is talk of Jesus, isn't he the Son of God? And She says suicide people end up all over the place such as "hollow heavens"/ending up off track. Claims of a natural time to die and how suicide upsets this are also made.

Your post on the other hand is more representative of other psychic/mediums, who make claims of self punishment by own unfulfilled pre this life plans.

If i made this plan, i think when i CTB i will look at it, rip it up and ask for more project management courses. This life i have underwent is what lacked a plan in the first place, i have learned somethings but i don't need another 35years off it.

I don't get it these life plans seem so fixed? Why?

What is the truth here? Im confused.

8. tobeornotbeQ

tobeornotbeQ New Member

Firstly if the Son of God exists then so must God? You have quoted Jesus in one of your forum posts.

How are readings from 170 years any more crediable than the bible. There all influenced by an anti suicide culture, Many readings may also be fake, trying to take advantage of the popularity of spiritualism that occured since the middle of the 19th century.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  9. tobeornotbeQ

tobeornotbeQ New Member

This depends on the circumstances and the individual involved. From what i have read most people who spouses die, the pain never dies they just get better at copping with it. For me that not how i want to live.

10. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

I may catch a lot of ----- for asking this, but so be it. If you intended to commit suicide (I like to call it for what it is, no "bus", lol), what/who has kept you from completing it - besides your cat?