1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Death of a soulmate(spouse) : Single, Suicide or moving on in life?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by tobeornotbeQ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Ski

Ski Active Member

Thank you Mac, I hope you have a good night. Take care

2. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

This is a pretty long thread so I can only offer a few thoughts about "soul mates" and "suicide".
    I have no idea what a soul mate is. I consider my late wife to be my soul mate and also my current fiance so perhaps there are many soul mates over time and place (?). I feel very close to both of these women and can easily imagine all of us co-existing in Heaven as spirit or spirits in that very different realm than here in the earth plane. My fiance does not see it this way so I don't talk about my late wife with her any more than necessary. As for suicide - do whatever feels right! It's your life! In some way, all of us are destined to leave this plane so go whenever and/or however you want to. I'm sticking around to see what might happen next and also to have some more experiences, love, joy and happiness with my current partner. I'm 80, so there's not much left of my current earthly adventure. LOL, next time................

3. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

My late wife, Irene was &still is my soul mate and my current fiance is also my soulmate. They are both very different individuals but we are definitely soulmates!! My late wife is still alive and well in the afterlife but visits less and less - mostly in my dreams. Although I know just how wonderful her word/heaven is I would not kill myself to go there now to be with her again. I try to give all my love and devotion to my current partner.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Hopefully you all will be reunited in the afterlife.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

Do we accept the notion of soul-cells or soul-groups, journeying spiritually with other cell/group members and incarnating a number of times? These lives always associated in varying ways with members of our soul-cell / soul-group. If so perhaps many, most or even all of our relationships are with our eternal spiritual companions, our 'soul mates'?

And perhaps those we feel as 'special', who we feel are our 'soul-mates', are simply those we are more aware of in that particular incarnate role? Others may also be our spiritual soul-cell companions - 'soul-mates' - but sharing incarnate connections or relationships with us that may not result in them being discerned as such. ;)

Who knows what unrecognised incarnate relationships we may have with others from our own soul-cell?

pandora97 and Kurt like this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

That is very, very... Very true.

Here's another side ball.... So you need to be physically next to a person for them to count?

Or can you be in sthe same soul cell as different people that you have a relationship with...

I.e. - what if everyone active here is part of the same cell? We are all spiritually aware....

What if most trolls are in the same cell? Most have no motive. (Political or hired ones are obviously different)

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Physical life isn't the issue.

Isn't that what I was alluding to? But all that pre-supposes that the soul-cell notion is accepted and if it is there's a good bit more to understand....

Would anything preclude it?

What if they're not? What difference does it make to our lives in this world? When we consider spiritual issues we also need to remember we're here to experience and there's no telling what we're here to experience or what 'arrangements' might have been made for it? Be that as a seeker of understanding or someone who seeks simply to frustrate others' efforts.

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

What I am alluding to is whether or not it is necessary for people Know each other in person to be in the same cell group.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't know.

Kurt likes this.