1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Death of a soulmate(spouse) : Single, Suicide or moving on in life?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by tobeornotbeQ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Firstly i think my post really needs to be separate from the pinned Suicide post. My post is rather personally relevant and asks a different question of suicide which is not general in nature.

I lost my wife a few months back to cancer, she was my one true soulmate in life, she would put up with all my faults not some but all no matter how bad, she loved me till the day she died. She was loyal to the end and put my needs above her always, she understood me. She was generous to people who knew her but the universe seems to have it in for the best of us while allowing the stupid and selfish to remain. We were only together for five years in total and i now find myself alone. I'm personally a loner and have no friends to count on, my family are not existent.

I was with my wife, brother and mother in law when she died in hospital gasping to breath, it is something i don't wish anybody to experience. Her family are supportive but they are overseas and ESL. They understand English and are pretty much like most people who don't understand soulmates, discussing these issues bring the same responses about moving on / staying strong etc

Anyway to the point of this post, since her death i have considered staying single, suicide(catching the bus) or moving on. But from the point of her death, i summersied suicide would be the best option because i cant live without her, i dont want someone else, its like living with a part of your soul missing. Also since then I have been researching about death, ndes etc ( my wife saw ghosts at a young age and also heard Chinese music before her operation - which is suppose to imply the afterlife in Chinese culture although she was Christian).

At the moment the only thing keeping me alive is a cat

As for my belief, im at best 50/50, i either i face oblivion or i face an unknown afterlife.

My decision is made but what have others done in the situation. I suppose this is hard considering some have suicided. But im interested in others responses to similar situations be they soulmates or just spouses, from what i have witnessed many marriages are not soulmates.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

I'll respond to the last point. I think it's right to surmise that many marriages are likely not between soulmates. Indeed marriage in this world might be less common if it were mainly soulmates who got married.

Or maybe it is fairly common but soulmates don't talk about it hence we are not aware of it?

3. janef

janef Moderator

Welcome to the forum, I am glad you found us! Sorry for your loss, but suicide is not the answer. The ones we have heard from (thru mediumship communication) say they are sorry, it was a mistake. Please find a grief support group. Please know she is only a thin veil away and you can still communicate with her. We are all going to join our loved ones in the Summerlands.

4. I concur with Janef. Please try to find outside professional help first and give it fair try. Most hospitals have someone on staff 24 hours that you can talk to as a first step. And please share with us how things are going for you. You'll find people on this forum quite supportive.

Your wife seems to have been in tune with the spiritual world. Hopefully you'll be able to get some communication from her.

My heart goes out to you.

5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hi! I would just like to say that suicide is not the answer. If you were to kill yourself, it would cause a ripple effect so unimaginable that it would effect everybody whether you or the world realizes it or not. We are all connected and intertwined with one another in some way. If you were to hurt yourself, somebody somewhere will feel that same pain.

Also I want to say that soul mates usually don't reincarnate together because they both will feel the exact same level of emotion at the same time which will distract you from your life chart. Your wife more than likely was a kindred spirit that was in your soul group. We have lived numerous of lifetimes with people who are in our soul groups. That may be why you felt extremely connected with your wife. I feel the same way about my child. You would do anything and cross over any galaxy in the universe just to be with them no matter what has happened (including suicide). But suicide is not the answer. You will only make matters worse not only for yourself, but for everybody else and I am sure you do not want that. I've witnessed the turmoil that people suffer through when suicide is committed. All of my closest friends has lost someone to suicide and they themselves felt the need to kill themselves afterwards. Surely you do not want that for the people around you. We also lost a member on this forum to suicide in which I have still not gotten over. I think you may need to sit down and allow things to sink in clearly.