1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

death of a friend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Highlander, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highlander

Highlander Member

I suppose this might be the wrong place to say this but I just have to say something. Our family is struggling with what happened in Yountville on Friday. One of the three women killed was/is a close and dear friend. Rest in Peace, Jennifer Gonzales.
    I just don't what else to say.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I moved this to its own thread as its such a personal situation, Highlander.

It's hard to know how to respond. As a foreigner, but one who's been around here since 2004, I'm used to hearing about these desperately tragic events at the same time as remaining appalled at their frequency, the ease with which killing happens.

How does one make sense of such tragedy?

3. Highlander

Highlander Member

Thank you, Mac. I can't say enough about Dr. Jennifer Gonzales. She was/is one of the sweetest most intelligent and loving people I've ever met. All she wanted to do is help veterans suffering from depression, anxiety and PTSD. She dedicated her life toward helping those most in need.
    Her smile could light up a room. An angel was taken from us.

4. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss and that of her family and other friends as well. Sadly, there are no answers..........:(

5. Highlander

Highlander Member

Thank you, Pandora. There are answers. I'm nearly 70 years old and I have seen a steady coarsening of society which I see as the root problem. We need to get back to a place where people respect one another. Today there is far more ignorance, hatred and fear than when I was a child. We have regressed. Hopefully we will wake up and save ourselves from us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.