1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by poeticblue, Mar 7, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hey all. Just a heads up for folks like me who may need a reminder in the states and other certain territories:

Daylight savings time starts this Sunday March 10th in the states. In the eastern hemisphere (the U.S.) the earliest it begins is at 2:00 am. So plan accordingly. For most on a regular daily schedule, we will be losing an hour of sleep. I’m not sure how it works in other countries, but if they don’t have to go through time changes and things of that nature they are blessed.

I don’t know about anyone else but the time changing in my life will be one big of a distraction even if it is a one hour difference. Chalk it up to another human experience.

:)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

I never know when to turn that time on the clocks, luckily phones and computers do that automatically :)
    Plus here feeling of time is foxed up anyway due to polar day and polar night. I trully love to lose the sence of time because of that :)

3. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

I think this is funny. I was out of the country in the summer and the time change there was a week before it is at home in America. My phone automatically changed because I still had the other (not American) time even though I was back home. I ordered a pizza and said I didn't want to pick it up for an hour until 1:15, the pizza guy said "but it's 1:10 now" so in my infinite wisdom I explained to him that he forgot to set his clock back. "that's next week" he said and I "corrected" him. I did this in several other places trying to understand why I was the only one who knew the correct time.....yeah right.
    Now it's a given in my neighborhood that no one ever asks me what time it is. A few times somebody did ask but friends always interjected "don't ask him, he doesn't know".
    I am now convinced time changes are evil.

Gabriella likes this.
  4. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

5. mac

mac Staff Member

In the UK there's an annual major debate whether daylight saving time should be scrapped. There are sound reasons for and sound reasons against. As we fly out to AZ our autumn time has just changed and as we return it's just changed again! That makes an additional hour whichever way we go on top of the basic 7 hours difference between the UK and Arizona.

It takes me a week to adjust and synchronise fully and the first few days I find exhausting. But I've been doing that and also writing here - predominantly North American members - for many years so I'm constantly considering what time it is for folk on ALF, whether they'll be out at work, back home in the evening or already in bed as I'm writing. It's trickier with the odd members well east of the UK and from the 'bottom' of the world where the time difference is even greater.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019