1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Crystals, Herbs, Rituals and Symbols

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Celera, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

I wanted to share this as I thought it was quite cute! My 93 year old uncle tells us that he puts Holy Water on all his joints everyday because he believes this keeps him flexible! ("Jesus Juice" :) )
    Anyway, this guy is in amazing good shape! Both my aunt and uncle live in their original home, drive, use no assistive device to walk, go out every week-end and socialize! He is very fit! The moral of the story: The power of believing is huge for the mind! :D
    Carol

2. mac

mac Staff Member

My old boss (from the time I worked for a living!) had severe sciatica over a long period, the pain almost stopping his coming to work. I also had had similar problems and one day we got chatting about our woes.

I told him how chiropractic had started my recovery and how I'd then had to work hard to restore mobility. His story was similar but he told me that although the pain had largely passed he continued to take one regular Aspirin tablet a day. Even though he didn't know if he needed it his rationale was that he would keep doing it just in case discontinuation might see a return of his pain!

He's dead now but I have wondered if daily Aspirin hastened his death or whether it might have been the many cigars he smoked for years! Perhaps it was neither.... ;)

3. janef

janef Moderator

Has anyone heard of Crystal Singing Bowls for healing? It sounds very interesting.

4. Waller

Waller Banned

I am associated with a healing center/retreat that has these sessions regularly.

Crystals are fossilized H2O, add silica and extreme heat and you get quartz which is of what the bowls are constructed. The theory is that our physical bodies in concert with our spirit form are pre-programmed for healing naturally. This is evident and corroborated when you study ancient civilizations who used sound (vibration), music (organized vibrations) as healing modalities.

When an organ or body part is healthy, it creates a natural resonant frequency in harmony with the rest of the body. When the vibration of a part of the body is out of harmony, we have dis-ease. With dis-ease, a different sound pattern is established in the affected part of the body. When sound is projected into the dis-eased area, correct harmonic patterns are restored.

Does this actually work?

Completely dependent on the practitioner and the patient.
    :)

5. janef

janef Moderator

Thanks Waller, I think I will check out one of the sessions in my hometown at the Unity Spiritual Center.