1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Crystals, Herbs, Rituals and Symbols

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Celera, Apr 6, 2014.

1. janef

janef Moderator

I was on Zoloft and several others but hated the side effects... self hypnosis works for me! And it heals my anxiety rash whenever it appears, immediately.

2. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

Janef, I wasn't aware that self hypnosis can heal a rash. Ya learn something every day. I meditate regularly and I'm not sure how it differs from self hypnosis. I was hypnotized by a pro many years ago when I was attempting to learn new engineering techniques and processes.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

It really is different for everyone. Both Zoloft and Prozac (at different times in my life) REALLY helped with my panic/anxiety disorder and OCD, and i really had no side effects from either medication.

4. janef

janef Moderator

Yes, hypnosis can heal. This is why I started using it. The tops of both my feet were covered with a rash much like poison oak, blisters that itched non-stop. Tried many medications, nothing worked. Found that it was due to anxiety. One hypnosis session suggesting my sub-conscious mind could heal it...and it worked! No coincidence.. its been working for 20 yrs. I was so curious about hypnosis and what else it could do, after I sold my business I decided to become a hypnotherapist. The power we have within our mind is limitless. It can heal... even cancer. Hypnosis isn't really that much different than meditation except for the intention you have. I speak to my sub-conscious like it is another person, a more powerful wiser me. I tell it what I want it to do. It works fast. I just count down ten to one and have that meeting... it goes something like this: Subconscious, I know you can stop this ...Make this rash go away... find a better solution to deal with my anxiety. Thank you! It just flared up recently, so badly when we got our luggage stolen out of our car on vacation. I just did the quick session.. maybe 3 min. and it stopped immediately.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  5. ilovelearninhg

ilovelearninhg Regular Contributor

I remember you mentioning that before about the rash Janef. I totally believe it. There is something about healing your inner self that makes some of the outer ailments disappear. In my family when I was growing up, we weren't allowed to always express our emotions as fully as we needed. As a result out of 8 kids in my family 6 of us developed some form of asthma or breathing problems, allergies, etc.. I read that people who develop these kind of problems sometimes grew up in families where expressing extreme emotion is frowned upon. Well that was definitely the case with me. As I heal my mental self my outer self seems to reflect those changes. This is crazy but I've also added a couple things to my diet I don't usually eat and its made me breathe better. I want to get to the point where I can self heal as well in case I don't have access to medicine for one reason or the other. It takes work but it can be done, as you have proven. You have to believe it. Once you start seeing changes you believe more and more.

6. ilovelearninhg

Highlander, sorry you have the bad experience with Zoloft. Some people can tolerate those kinds of medicines better than others, I guess. I've had horrible reactions to medicines and just had to find out which ones worked without bad side effects. I'm not very tolerant to a lot of pharmaceuticals, luckily I've now been able to mange my asthma with one inhaler, when I first started out with three. The rest of my health issues I treat with supplements and one over the counter pill. My son has to take medicine for seizures but it's not a large dose and I make sure he eats well and takes vitamins every day, as some medicines can deplete the body of vitamins-it was a dr. who told me this surprisingly.

7. As far as medicine goes, this is the sort of balanced approach that I try to use as well. My doctor says that depression is sort of like being diabetic -- some people can manage diabetes by eating right, other people need insulin. If you take insulin, you still need to eat right. I take anti-depressants, but I still have to manage my emotional health. (Feeling Good is an excellent book for this subject, about how we talk to ourselves and how that affects our emotions.)

It seems to me that deep meditation and self-hypnosis are versions of the same thing. I just saw a TV story last night about some monks who, through meditation, can raise their body's surface temperature as much as 17 degrees. Being able to calm oneself to the point that a stress-related rash heals up doesn't surprise me at all.

8. janef

janef Moderator

Yes, I had similar family dysfunction which I believe led to depression and anxiety. Self hypnosis has been a savior for me. I got off all anti-depressants and anxiety medication. What was surprising about the rash was it only healed one foot which the hypnotherapist said would heal up... It did nothing for the other one until I went back for another session. The Medical field is beginning to realize the benefits of the power of suggestion. The mind has alot to do with healing. Our sub-conscious governs our body. It can do miraculous things. I had a surgery last year and was given a hypnosis CD to listen to every nite for a week before surgery. They said it has been proven to reduce bleeding and patients have less pain and more rapid healing. Try asking your subconscious to help your breathing problem... my daughter had several warts on her hands.. she tried several topical things, nothing worked. We did 2 sessions and they went away and never came back.

9. ilovelearninhg

That's amazing. I wonder if the healing is brought about because when you are in that hypnotic state you are generally not stressed, and none of those stress hormones are released at that time, causing your body to be able to heal. I believe that only to be one aspect of course. I also believe in the power of the mind as well. I think the body and the mind both play a part, work together. I will try self-hypnosis for the asthma. My sinus issues have gotten better I appreciate the help from you and Highlander.

10. ilovelearninhg

Yeah, I agree a balanced approach is good. Someone may need more or less medicine/supplements depending on their body chemistry. I think stress is the source of alot of physical ailments. That is interesting about the monks, how they were able to do that. They have a lot of self-discipline for sure.