1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Coronavirus conversations

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hi Mac,
    You did not upset me in any way. I was just clarifying things. :)
    My opinion with the news is the fashion in which it is reported. (I did not watch the news much at all prior to this. Part of my resistance is the absolute hurt and anger I felt with the news after Mikey's accident. The inaccuracy of what happened was horrible. I lost so much trust with what is reported because of this.)
    One of the toughest challenges with my work right now is how fearful patients are of getting it when they are sick with something else. They watch TV from their beds . The music used with the news in and of itself brings feelings of fear. There is a major issue here with what is going on obviously, but it is not good to fuel the fire of anxiety. Be matter of fact and realistic, but not intense and scary. And give hope. They need to understand the audience are of all walks of life. We will get through this. Changes will happen. But anxiety and depression is real . Don't cause another deadly issue by how things are reported.
    Just my thoughts....
    Carol

Tseeker likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Hello Carol

Thanks for your understanding. I do understand the points you've made about news presentation. As a Brit visitor and a regular, long-term guest of this wonderful country for many years now I'm well aware of the sensational way that news is presented in the USA, be that the local news which some folk only ever watch I'm guessing right through to the so-called 'World News' on ABC. While I'm watching the TV news in AZ and the national news too I'm also listening in to the news I listen to routinely back home in the UK, the BBC's world and national news. And WHAT a difference in the way it's presented compared with that of the USA! :eek:

OK it's easy to be partisan and parochial but our newscasters - women and men alike - present it in the same, low-key way they present the news day-to-day. Mostly with little undue emotion and totally WITHOUT SENSATIONALISM. I love being in the USA. I love my many American friends. There's something very wrong with the way news broadcasts are presented here in the US and something far better is deserved by all American citizens. Over the decades something has likely changed from the way things were and if I'm right then going back to some of those old values would be one happy outcome from the present crisis. But that's for another day's discussions.....

This Coronavirus situation is desperate and dangerous and presenting it in any lesser way would be misleading and wrong, even if that's to try to reassure folk. Old or young we're adults who deserve to be told the truth. Children need some protection because they're emotionally immature and unable to process difficult, complex information.

3. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

They need to be matter of fact and realistic, but not instilling the fear of God with their presentation.
    On another note, I looked up the definition of "reboot" for myself. (I'm not a good computer person as you all know.) I kept hearing this word in my head when talking to Mikey.
    Reboot: verb definition ; The new value will not be in force until you reboot the system.
    Carol :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm not a computer geek but I try to keep knowledgeable enough to keep my six computers healthy and functioning properly. I don't need to know how they work - only what to do when they don't and enough not to be in that situation in the first place. ;)

Re-boot, more often called re-starting nowadays, usually happens when changes have been made. A reboot continues the changes begun while the current operating system parameters are in place and working so as to allow changes made to be completed. The the operating system will have been updated as intended. It should mean that the changes will improve the operating system.

If we apply that terminology to matters-spiritual it should mean something like a new order built on changes needed in the systems we live under, so they become spiritually more effective. To achieve that many small, and some very large, 'updates' to our world's operating system are likely to be needed. Changes will likely need to be incremental, many reboots being necessary along the way. I very much doubt - I'm being told - that a single step-change, or even several of them would work. Put bluntly, there won't be a sudden and major spiritual change in this world.

5. kim

kim Regular Contributor

What does it mean for a person to be earth bound? Does the invisible essence of who we are remain well, but the visible feels a pull?

6. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Hi Carol,

From the sound of it, Mikey may be inferring that this can help us realign our focus. Even knowing about the afterlife it is easy to get sucked into day to day activities and to lose focus on why we are here. Bad things like this have a tendency to shock us out of those routines and help us realign our focus to what matters. Like helping each other out during a crisis or feeling gratitude for what we have.

7. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Active Member

Sonia Rinaldi showed me a privated video of Konstantin Raudive ITC about the corona virus and it doesnt sound to good, it says it will be a hard time for earth and that life as we know it will change...that they are aware of the situation and try to help but that its our problem... at least that was Sonia interpretation, she seemed very concerned....

I was somewhat opimisitic before but this got me worried

8. mac

mac Staff Member

You've quoted some of my words, kim, in connection with your question but I I hadn't written about so-called earthbounds. :confused:

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't believe our friends unseen have any more idea where we're going with Covid 19 than we incarnates have other than, perhaps, their having a better overall 'view' of the impact its having and the likely progression of this virus, courtesy of spirit scientists.

The reality may be that our own scientists can also see where we're heading and even I have my own somewhat-pessimistic outlook. I'm either aware within myself - or it's being impressed on me - that our many freedoms in life (those in the west so privileged) will be severely impacted and many millions will be impacted much more severely. What I'm 'seeing' is very gloomy and I don't talk to many about my pessimism as I often feel I'm a Jeremiah.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I am daily monitoring and checking new account registrations and I'm now wondering if there will be an upsurge/uptick in the numbers as Covid 19 brings about the very large numbers of deaths it looks set to do. :(