1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Contacting a Medium

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Momsgirl, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Momsgirl

Momsgirl New Member

I wanted to get opinions since most of you are much more experienced at this than me.

I am looking into booking a session with a medium. I am aware that I am taking a risk in the possibility that nothing will happen but I feel it's worth the risk for me right now.

I have found some mediums that are certified through Mark Ireland. I don't know much about him but the research I've found seems reputable. My biggest concern is am I rushing to see a medium? My mom transitioned in August and the person I am thinking about seeing has appointments at the end of this month. Is that too soon since her transition?
    These are telephone only readings so I would assume they would work the same as in person.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It's good you're approaching the sitting this way. There can never be a guarantee that anyone you know will come through let alone the person you most want. On the other hand things could work out well. You feel it's right for you now and if it feels right then it is. :)

no :)

Again there are no guarantees but mediumship can work over the telephone in much the same way as sitting with the medium in person. Give it a try and see how it feels is what I'd suggest but please keep in mind what I wrote in another thread.

3. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Roberta has some great contacts.

4. Momsgirl

Momsgirl New Member

What is the specific difference in the type of mediums?
    The person I am looking at communicating with doesn't list what type they are. The testimonials from others on her website and Facebook seem to indicate the type of information I am looking for.

Kurt likes this.
  5. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

A medium ('spiritual medium') will be able to act as a go-between between a loved one passed and the sitter. The medium will try to facilitate communication between a spirit individual with relevance to her sitter and the sitter herself - usually known as 'messages' from one to the other. The medium should present evidence to the sitter about who the communicator is i.e. some information about the identity of the communicator.

A so-called psychic medium does not do the above.

Kurt and Momsgirl like this.
  7. Momsgirl

Momsgirl New Member

I found out this person is a evidential mental medium. If the reviews are correct those who have sat with her were given information only they would know.

I am going into this knowing what information can be found online and what can't. Thanks Mac.

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

I hope it works out well for you. :)

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Let us know how it goes/went