1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Contacting a Medium

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Momsgirl, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

I wanted to get opinions since most of you are much more experienced at this than me.

I am looking into booking a session with a medium. I am aware that I am taking a risk in the possibility that nothing will happen but I feel it's worth the risk for me right now.

I have found some mediums that are certified through Mark Ireland. I don't know much about him but the research I've found seems reputable. My biggest concern is am I rushing to see a medium? My mom transitioned in August and the person I am thinking about seeing has appointments at the end of this month. Is that too soon since her transition?
    These are telephone only readings so I would assume they would work the same as in person.

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

It's good you're approaching the sitting this way. There can never be a guarantee that anyone you know will come through let alone the person you most want. On the other hand things could work out well. You feel it's right for you now and if it feels right then it is. :)

no :)

Again there are no guarantees but mediumship can work over the telephone in much the same way as sitting with the medium in person. Give it a try and see how it feels is what I'd suggest but please keep in mind what I wrote in another thread.

3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Roberta has some great contacts.

4. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

What is the specific difference in the type of mediums?
    The person I am looking at communicating with doesn't list what type they are. The testimonials from others on her website and Facebook seem to indicate the type of information I am looking for.

Kurt likes this.
  5. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

A medium ('spiritual medium') will be able to act as a go-between between a loved one passed and the sitter. The medium will try to facilitate communication between a spirit individual with relevance to her sitter and the sitter herself - usually known as 'messages' from one to the other. The medium should present evidence to the sitter about who the communicator is i.e. some information about the identity of the communicator.

A so-called psychic medium does not do the above.

Kurt and Momsgirl like this.
  7. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

I found out this person is a evidential mental medium. If the reviews are correct those who have sat with her were given information only they would know.

I am going into this knowing what information can be found online and what can't. Thanks Mac.

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

I hope it works out well for you. :)

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes/went

10. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I am blessed with a Spiritualist church 29 miles from me. Had a reading tonight and it blew me away. I have a magnificent, beautiful friend who lost the lover as I did and we work together. The medium hooked up with my friends partner and told me things she had no access to. I won't go into detail but the medium KNEW stuff. I connected with my dear friends partner and it was so beautiful. We are all so connected!

Kurt likes this.
  11. mac

That's really good to hear, Bill.

Kurt likes this.
  12. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

I thought I would update on my results of contacting a medium. I originally had an appointment last week. It did not start out well. We tried 5 different times on 3 different phone lines and I couldn't hear the medium. There were weird noises like heavy breathing, water running and moaning. We then attempted by text message and while I got some validations it was not all accurate because of interference.
    This week I tried with a different medium by video chat. Initially there were technical difficulties but they resolved after reconnecting. She was extremely spot on. For those of you who remember my situation she was able to tell me that my father is an earthbound spirit because he's scared of facing the consequences for his actions. My mother successfully transitioned but has not been able to visit or send many signs because my father blocks her Everytime she comes. She stated that she cut that cord so he can't block her but that I needed to tell him to go to the light. She said it might work or might not. He was the issue with the previous reading. In ways I suspected he was still around. He did ask for forgiveness but I can't give that.

She knew things that I didn't know but when I asked around about it, it was true. I know now my mom is happy but I'm a bit overwhelmed in knowing he's still around. I don't know what signs are from her and what he's doing.
    I may go to this medium later to see if she can determine if he's crossed over.

Kurt likes this.
  13. mac

thanks for the update - How do you feel overall in respect of your reading?

Kurt likes this.
  14. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

It was very accurate except for names. It's comforting to know that my mom is happy but in the same respect it made me really upset to know he's still around and blocking my mom. It didn't feel like a healing experience like others describe but I think that's because of him. It did confirm for me that there is an after life because there's no way the medium would know some of what she said.

Kurt likes this.
  15. mac

From what you've said your sitting was like the curate's egg, good in parts but I'm pleased that overall you're persuaded by what you found. You haven't asked for comment but may I offer a few thoughts?

First let me start by saying I don't actually know what's been going on but the communication interference/difficulties may simply have been electric over-the-phone stuff or it could have been caused by your dad's closeness - but not necessarily him doing it maliciously.

If he's still close to the earth-plane and reluctant or afraid to cross over then that may explain his involvement. Your mom's "cutting the cord" sounds like she's taken steps to stay away from him, to reject any approach he might make for whatever reason he might approach her - and that might even be him seeking her forgiveness. But he may be using the link between you and your mom to reach out to you now, perhaps misguided and clumsily but with honest intent. I don't know - they're my thoughts.

Your mom is right in saying that you should try telling him to go to the light. You'd do that in your thoughts, incidentally. You may be reluctant to do that and he may be reluctant to draw away from you anyway if he's hoping to let you know he's sorry. Again I don't know if that's the situation but as you feel unable to forgive him why not tell him you're unable to forgive him now. Tell him also that if he continues to stay around and be troublesome then you'll find it harder or maybe even impossible to EVERforgive him. Ask him to move away from this earth plane, give you some space and be prepared to tell him you'll close him out for good if he stays around after you've made your feelings clear.

Would any of that make sense for you?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Bill Z likes this.
  16. mac

Names are an ever-present difficulty it seems.

17. LovePhool

LovePhool Guest

Example?

18. LovePhool

LovePhool Guest

Email>telephone>Skype>in person?

19. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

I should clarify that it was the medium who cut the cord and told me to tell him to go to the light, not my mom.

It does make sense. Before the medium even realized what happened to my mother, she told me I needed to tell him to go to the light and that I forgive him. I stated that I could not forgive him. I don't think he's very sorry for all of his actions. The medium identified him immediately as a controlling prescence and that he was trying to speak for my mom. Also that my mom has difficulties coming here because he finds her wherever she goes.

Earlier today I did light a candle and I flat out told him I didn't want him here, he shouldn't be in my house at all. I told him I can't forgive him and that if he's looking for forgiveness he needs to go to the light and find forgiveness there. I also told him to quit being a coward and face whatever consequences there are for his actions.

I texted the medium to ask her about this and she said she couldn't sense him but would dig deeper later.

20. Momsgirl

Momsgirl Member

The first was done on the telephone which didn't work.

The second was done by video chat.

She knew something my niece did that I didn't even know about. She actually described which niece did it. I confirmed this afterwards.

She knew specific aspects of my mother's relationship with me and my brothers.

She knew that my mom had something happen to her head.

She knew that I wear my mother's ring around my neck near my heart (I purposely put my necklace under my shirt for the reading.)

She was able to give me details about what happened the day my mom transitioned.

She told me that my mom had visited my nieces. This obviously can't be confirmed but both girls had something happen that makes even my brothers believe that happened. One girl had knocking on her bedroom door and the other felt like someone was staring at her.