1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Connection with Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Gabriella, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Thank you Mac. Yes I'm getting a lot of help.
    a very dear friend gave me a book "Codependents Guide to the 12 Steps" by Melody (haha coincidence? music reference) Beattie. For over 6 years I cared for Susie and I decided everything for Her because I had to. So my idea of getting through life was to control things. I believed I'm here to help everyone by controlling things which is total nonsense. But I believed I had everyone's best interests at heart. This book is helping me a lot. Might be us interest/use to anyone who was/is a caretaker.
    Mac, I thank you again for your post and for the good work you do here.

2. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I’m glad the depression is starting to go away. Sometimes you need the sadness to be happy. One of my favorite influencers say that you can’t have a rainbow without some rain.

poeticblue likes this.
  3. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Thank you Gabriella. The sadness is not that bad, I'm learning to deal with it and it makes me remember the wonderful times with Susie. Susie was a force of nature, a marvel and an inspiration. The depression is harmful to myself and others, the sadness is not. So happy that your gig went well.

Gabriella likes this.
  4. SashaS

SashaS Active Member

My daughter does. She started after she lost her grandmother during the time her father was doing chemio. She was preparing a piece for his returning. But he didn't. He died in the hospital.
    Now after two years she still does. She plays by herself without a teacher. She likes the music but in the same time it's a way to relieve the pain.

Gabriella likes this.
  5. SashaS

SashaS Active Member

Bill! So sorry you were going through this. Happy for the good people you have around and that you are feeling better.
    ((hug ))

Gabriella and Bill Z like this.
  6. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Thank you Sasha. So happy your daughter is playing. It is so healing. On Susie's last day physically here I played for Her on 'cello, upright bass and guitar, some songs She so loved and music I wrote for Her. Than the Music went away. It's back and it was always sacred but now it is like a diamond or a fine wine that I only bring out on special times or the fire alarm when you only break the glass in an emergency. As bad a some days are, I'm sure for many of us here, life has become so much more meaningful and sacred.
    Thank you Sasha.

SashaS likes this.
  7. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Cool story: Paul McCartney (he's a bass player if you didn't know) has nothing on me! Nobody listens to bass solos. There's a joke about a couple in marriage counseling, they don't talk, nothing is working, it's falling apart. The therapist tells them to go to a jazz concert. ??? they glare at each other across the table the whole night than the "boring" bass solo starts and and she is so bored she says "so how was your day?".
    Bass solos are known as the only way to keep the poor bass playing sucker from quitting. Throw him/her a bone.
    I was playing a solo bass gig one day, and I got a lot of work playing the bass like a 'cello or violin so I never cured any failing marriages but I can play. I played a favorite piece that Susie loved and She stood up and started singing and dancing and the whole place started singing along. That's how cool my Susie is! She is my biggest fan and She is my Goddess. And maybe I'm finally starting to see that again.

Kurt, SashaS and Gabriella like this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

My apartment is old but newly renovated. The A/C is still from the 70s and is halfway outside.

When it rains the water hits the metal and I always run into my living room thinking someone is breaking in.

9. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Im getting used to it though

10. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Can you post a video of you playing please?