1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Connection with Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Gabriella, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I enjoy listening to the recording when I have free time. Roberta seems like a wonderful person with a great personality :)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

great job, Gabby :)

I've recently downloaded a bunch from SR Radio that I plan to listen to on my way home in a few weeks time. I'm waiting now for an MP3 player from Walmart so I can load it with the new podcasts - plus a few other from dear old BBC radio, UK. :)

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh my dear precious Gabriella, you have no idea the delight we all feel here, to see you grown into such a graceful and lovely young person!

Bill Z likes this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Sincerely, thank you everyone for the important posts and the good work done here. This post about music touches me very deeply. I am a musician and little more and that is where my understanding of everything comes from. I'm struggling for words right now but for some reason I need to state this. I'm going through a pretty severe depression but that happens off and on and always is a period of growth and understanding. My life is a dichotomy in that I'm surrounded by wonderful loving people but at the same time I am completely alone because of a language and other barriers. I spend most of my day right now alone and in meditation and nature when I'm not working to cook or play music. Luckily everyone here realizes I need this time alone and I have had some very profound discussions and realizations when we do talk. Plus I make some of the best bread on the planet so I am able to nourish others through the food and the music.
    Rudolph Steiner and Hazrat Inayat Khan both equate sickness or many types of duress as a form of lost rhythm, or falling out of rhythm. Right now I seem to be between rhythms and trying to find my way, if that makes any sense. I was blessed to study music with among others Ustad Vilayat Khan a relative of Hazrat Inayat Khan's and a transcendental musician who showed me that the music we "hear" is some small part of the overall totality. I've had some pretty amazing experiences with Ustad Khan that I am so thankful for and learned so much from.
    Music is everything to me and I hope to find my way back to the rhythm that keeps me alive.
    Hope that makes some bit of sense and wonder what others think/perceive/feel. Peace.

SashaS, Gabriella and poeticblue like this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Bill,

I deal with depression as well. It’s been that way since I was very much young and it is a sensitive topic for us.

We appreciate you here on the forum wether your’re here to emote or give guidance towards someone else. Perhaps your contribution is both in that when you share your struggles, you help another.

Your experiences makes me and others feel less segregated when it comes to human situations. Please keep coming back on the forum. I read your posts during the night but I don’t respond much to them, particularly because I know that I need to learn how to listen to other people. I’ve seen you and others grown throughout the years that certain guidances are not needed.

You are a great person that has helped others here along the way. Due to your own struggles and you speaking, you’ve made a very good impact here.

We love you. Take care.

SashaS, Monika and Bill Z like this.