1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Connection with Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Gabriella, Mar 6, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Bill,

Your heart is most certainly a blessing as well as the emotions you feel. Chin up.

2. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Thanks PB and thanks also to your beautiful spiritual daughter Gabriella also.

struggling right now but i know it's for a reason and i believe the saying that the creator (whatever we call Her/Him) only puts the stuff on our shoulders that we can bear. Just wish I didn't do so many shoulder exercises when i was younger, haha. my shoulders are way stronger than what i want but.....whatever

it's so beautiful when i hear of others having this beautiful relationship to the music. after 48 years as a musician if you asked me what music is....i have no answer. life....love...everything...beyond words....beyond everything. but She has nurtured me, kept me alive in my darkest moments and taught me to try in my very limited way to help others.

Gabriella likes this.
  3. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

:)

4. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

Hey everyone! So on Thursday I will be having a showcase. It’s going to be a segment of The Jungle Book!! I’m going to be Baloo, the brown bear. The people in my theatre group are immensely talented and I’m so excited! I sarted getting into musicals about 3 years ago, and has always wanted to be in one. This is just a step up to reaching my dream to be on Broadway :D

Bill Z likes this.
  5. Natalymick

Natalymick Guest

I start to play the piano. Without a teacher. I have only an instrument. Has anyone such experience. Please share

Bill Z likes this.
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Goodnight everyone. Gabbys play went well tonight.

Bill Z likes this.
  7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

YAYY for our dear Gabby!!

8. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Good to hear Gabby.

9. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Don't know if I'll ever play music again and that's really not that important but more importantly I will teach music again. I went through a major depression off and on since Susie went home but the depression is lifting just the sadness will always remain. I used to wake up angry at everything and crushed with sadness. The anger is no longer there and I continue to work on that. I have gotten so much support from my friends who have helped me.
    I literally gave almost everything away, left the country but had to return and so much has come back to me. I gave up my apartment and sold my car but through a series of miracles I'm back in the same apartment at the same price and got my car back. I now cherish what little I have. Slept mostly on the floor, or in airports for the last few weeks and just got a bed and I am so happy about that.
    People have been coming into my life lately that are becoming like family and multiple doors are opening. I always had a wonderful garden but lost interest in that along with everything else. Walking down the street a few days ago I met the commissioner of recreation for my town and mentioned interest in a community garden. He invited me to a public meeting today and I met other commissioners who want to involve me in the garden. After dragging my head around for a long time I now know all of the people running for commissioner and have their contact information. Like much of this country politics is pretty nasty especially in North Jersey but these people are trying to change the system. If they are elected in May, and it looks good, we will be able to make change. The current mayor was actually arrested in his office a year ago for corruption but beat it and that is common here.
    The other day because all of my furniture is gone I thought I might buy a comfortable chair in addition to the kitchen chairs and table a friend gave me. Another friend tells me he wants to get rid of a wing chair and could I use it. Wow! Incredible.
    My friends are looking for music students for me and today at the political meeting I hooked up with the town historian who played in the army band and is a fine musician. We will keep in touch. My friends want me to form a band and start playing at a local coffee house but I'm not ready for that now. I already have one bass guitar student. I played some of the major jazz clubs in NYC and Canada but don't think I'll return to doing that.
    Over the last week so much has opened up to me. Just found an outdoor gym that's been here for several years but in my taking care of Susie when She was still physically here and my depression I never even knew it was here. I now understand the difference between depression and my ongoing sadness. I know I will be with Susie again and that She is here now and I'm feeling that more and more but I won't be whole again until I am with Her totally. So the depression and anger is lifting but the sadness will probably remain.

My friends were talking and one said to the other that I've been really lucky since I got back. My very close friend said "It ain't luck it's Susie"

10. mac

mac Staff Member

It looks pretty certain that your Susie and many friends, both here on earth and 'over there' in the etheric, are very diligently looking out for you, Bill. :)

I'm so sorry that your deep sadness continues but I understand why. It's really heartening, though, to hear that the anger and depression are beginning to lift and a different life is unfolding for you, one that's taking you in directions different from your earlier one. I wish you all the best and hope you'll continue to visit with us so we can share some of your journey. :)