1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Connection with Music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Gabriella, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

I have a very strong connection with music. It may have been passed down by genetics :D I have been trying to work on my ukulele skills! I got one for Christmas and I’m really enjoying it. Does anyone else play some sort of instrument?

2. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Ukulele is such a cool instrument. Best luck with that! :)
    I used to play with "kankles" (its a plucked string instrument from Baltic psaltery group), piano and pan pipes when i was young and was attending music school for years. Though music never was my thing. I just dont like sounds in any form and prefer silence over all. When i realised that silence makes me happy i just left music school and never touched any instrument again :)

Kurt and Gabriella like this.
  3. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Wow Monika I wished I was use to silence especially at night when I go to bed. I’ve always had to have the tv on or some form of ‘white noise’ to help me comfortably fall asleep because when I was very young upon falling asleep I would hear voices and strange sounds and then that’s when my astral projections would happen. I love the sound of rain and downloaded numerous of rain apps that help me feel comfortable falling asleep. I’ve also played the viola since I was 11 so I listen to classical music to calm my nerves at times.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

A bit more then a year ago I came across to one book of swedish author Theresa Blomquist. The book is called "Din personliga inre färg"/"Your inner color". You count special number from the date of the birth using several diferent methods and get the final number. Author claims that every number has color, letters, sound tones even sounds of musical instruments and so on, which carries similar vibration with your birth number. To my own surprise it was pretty accurate personally for me and for everyone who tried out this from my friends and coleagues circle. And i can say i was not surprise that near my birth number near instrument was writter "silence". Well it was sritten "harpa" too and its pretty similar to the instrument i used to play. But i stick to the silence :D

Bill Z likes this.
  5. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

"I just don't like sounds in any form and prefer silence over all." That's really an interesting concept. Where I live for now it is so silent and there is such profound beauty in the silence. The few sounds that exist here (other than barking) from nature are so profound. I came from the city and there is major sound almost 24/7 there but it's interesting that there is silence in that noise. There is a peace within that noise. Being away from it I can understand better than when I was there it and it should be interesting to experience it again. Thank's Monika for sharing that concept.

The T. Blinquest book is really good I think.

Monika likes this.
  6. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

Oh wow, thanks for the replies! I could never sit anywhere without some sort of noise. Silence makes me uncomfortable sometimes. The only time I like silence is when I’m reading a book because I tend to lose my spot easily.

7. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Your young wondering mind easily gets distracted at times :p

8. mac

mac Staff Member

9. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Thanks Mac, i really enjoyed the radio show and Roberta sounds cheerful like ever. Lovely to listen :)
    I do agree that music we have on earth is nothing to compare with music in afterlife. I do know i will enjoy to go to concerts and to listen to friends playing music there from time to time. Michel really likes music and i am sure we will attend some musical events together :)
    I heard lets call it "angelic music" by myself once and I must say that it sounded way more different from music we hear just with ears. It filled the body, its true. Though i know that in afterlife i will be same like i am here which means that silence still will be very important for me.
    Also if i would have kids i would encourage them to play music and give possibilities but definitely would not force them and would not create any conflict situations from that. I am extremely thankful for my parents that they never forced me to go to music school. It was my own decission. At the age of 8 i started to play. I got most amazing piano, kankles, guitar and other instruments i wished to try and i attended music school for 6 years. My parents actually many times said i can drop music school whenever i want because they saw me struggling a bit to be all time in noise and sounds. I left music school one year before graduation. So i think i would instead use this patern which i experienced by myself in my life instead of forcing child even in a nice way.
    Note: Please, those, who didnt listen the show, take a note that in the show it was not spoken about physically or mentally forcing child to play music. I wrote about forcing childs to play music just because i had my friends who were forced and saw how much it affects them in a bad way.

Gabriella likes this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

It's good to hear that those podcasts were enjoyed and each can be downloaded to be listened to at another time. :)

Gabriella likes this.