1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Confused

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Debbie, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Monika 's wisdom is far beyond Her years.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Monika is one of the wisest people I have ever met. I think she's probably the wisest here or anywhere else.

Bill Z likes this.
  3. Reflective

Reflective New Member

I have been reading this forum for a couple of years, and have only now felt compelled to add a comment. Losing a companion is a very traumatic experience, and can result in the questioning of long-held beliefs. But if we start at the beginning, that there is a soul which carries the awareness away from the body and the Earth plane upon death, then it must go somewhere. There is overwhelming statistical evidence from people who have had NDE’s, that this does indeed occur. Additionally, hypnotherapy researchers such as Newton and Weiss present compelling accounts that people can often tap into memories from prior lives. Most people on this forum would, I’m guessing, agree that we have an independent soul.
    Less well known is the actual process that brings a soul to Earth, about which I think there are many misunderstandings. Based on what I have been taught, by those who are not incarnated, the soul is only about 40 to 70 percent of the spirit. The remaining portion never leaves its home dimension. Upon physical death, the soul passes through the mental realm (4th dimension) where it has to release all attachments to the Earth plane, before it can ascend back to a true spiritual vibration and rejoin with its higher self. Most NDE’s never pass beyond the 4th, or they would permanently disconnect from the body, hence the confusing and contradictory descriptions of what is seen by NDE’s. The 4th is not a true spiritual vibration, and reflects the thought forms of humans. This is also the vibrational field that holds Earth-bound souls, who have yet to release their attachments (ghosts, some would say).
    You can always meet the spirit of anyone who has passed on, because part of them will always be present at “home”, irrespective of whether they have sent another part of themselves back into a new body. Once a soul has passed back into the spiritual dimensions, it is a little more difficult to make contact directly; although many try, but we fail to detect their efforts. Think of how infrequently we actually acknowledge our spirit guides, who follow and communicate with us constantly. The departed are always with us, just as our normal spirit guides are, but part of the lessons on this plane involve a temporary sense of isolation.
    I’m sorry for your loss, and although my answer is somewhat clinical, I hope that you can find solace that a continued belief in the afterlife brings.
    Best Regards,

Kurt and SashaS like this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

They're interesting observations but, with respect, the ideas in the second paragraph are more the province of the researcher than of the average, bereaved Joe or Josephine. (the thread topic) I would hope I could justifiably include myself in the former category yet I remain unpersuaded about those ideas.

This thread, though, isn't the place to hold a conversation on the subject. :)

Kurt likes this.
  5. Debbie

Debbie New Member

6. Debbie

Debbie New Member

Thank you so much. I feel as I am the lost soul instead of my departed husband your insight was reassuring in many ways.

Reflective and Kurt like this.
  7. baob

baob Member

You summarized it quite well. Because of your comment, I have some questions to ask Carol and Mikey again.

Reflective and Kurt like this.
  8. Debbie

Debbie New Member

. I just ordered afterlife book signs from the afterlife book and talking to heaven. Hopefully they will ease my mind and help me connect with my husband

9. Luna

Luna Member

I don't have a lot to add on top of the guidance you have already been given by other members. It is natural to feel confused or even overwhelmed by all of the information available. I believe you are on the right track by coming to this forum and looking into some reasource material. The information posted by Carol and Mikey on this forum can be extremely comforting and helpful, if you have not seen it already.

I just wanted to wish you well in your search. I hope you can find the comfort and reassurance you are looking for~

Kurt likes this.
  10. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece Member

Do not worry love is the supreme rule you will meet your husband in the afterlife and anybody or anything that you love pet or tree or anybody that shares a mutual love with you.
    Reincarnation takes decades and it could even take a few centuries in some cases. As for not feeling any presence do not worry about this . It is hard to do it.

Kurt likes this.