1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Closed Eye Visions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by kirolak, Feb 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. kirolak

kirolak New Member

This is my first post. . . hope in the right place! About 8 years ago I was involved in a serious car crash, and banged my head on the windscreen. To cut a long story short, since then I've had streaming visions whenever I close my eyes, at any time of day or night. I enjoy them hugely, as most are beautiful, clear as a television set and change or morph very rapidly. The subjects are quite mundane, views of landscapes, animals, tapestries, art work, some sort of intricate woven fabric.. . .lately they have become a little more vague, with a pale, luminous teal coloured background and often faces are "outlined", as if for clarity.

I often see eyes, of humans and animals, in great detail. A few night ago I settled down after meditation for my "viewing" before going to sleep, and saw a strange, rather upsetting view of an eye which had luxurious lashes all over the eye ball itself, as well as in the usual position on the lids. I opened my eyes at once.

On a previous occasion I looked into a round, white "room" where a woman was busy at a machine; she seemed to sense my "presence" as she looked directly at me & I opened my eyes to break contact.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening? These are not classic hypnogogic images, as I can see them when I am wide awake at work, but close my eyes as a "test".

Do any other members experience this?

2. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I have not experienced it myself. I mean no offense, but did you go to hospital, and did they check for brain and/or eye injuries? I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's one possibility.

3. kirolak

kirolak New Member

I am really saddened by this response. It is so "ordinary", & I suppose I expected something more. There is nothing "wrong" with me; in fact , I think this is one of the things that are "right", right now. :) However. . . .

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Clearly from your introduction you're enjoying what happens and that's reassuring because it doesn't appear you find anything negative in your 'visions'. (or whatever word you prefer ) But what bb asked was simply whether you experienced brain or eye injuries. To me that's an understandable reaction and my guess would be that others have asked similar.

In your account I can't find anything I can generally relate to based on my experience of spiritual/afterlife issues. Well perhaps there's one situation where I got talking to a woman tribesperson in Pueblo, CO. Her experiences, however, were not enjoyable and she was very unsettled and under medical and family pressure to take drugs prescribed to try to help. I'm not suggesting your situation is comparable however.

I have no idea what to make of the things you see when you close your eyes but just because you're enjoying them doesn't mean they're NOT being caused by the injuries you experienced. But may I ask you this? If your visions were attributable to the crash injuries, and if there were a medical intervention that would stop them, would you want to go down that road?

What do you make of your visions?

kirolak likes this.
  5. baob

baob New Member

Hi Kirolak,

What you visioned "white "room" where a woman was busy at a machine" reminds me of British medium Doris Stokes mentioning in her book that she saw a man carried some equipment in the room when she moved in the place. Later she found out the place was a factory long time ago ( I don't remember the exact details).
    About ten years ago I read in a blog discussion that somebody suggested reciting a serial of numbers before bed will make you healthier. I tried twice before going to sleep. In front of my eyes some very intimidated images popped up (I forgot what those images were already, only remember it was very scary). I stopped it.
    One thing I don't understand is that you have the psych but you can't communicate with your loved one on the other side like a medium as you mentioned and implied on your other post?

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Psychic awareness doesn't automatically mean an individual will have the ability to communicate across dimensions.... And being psychic isn't necessarily similar to being a medium.

Neither is there any certainty - based on what she's written - that kirolak has psychic awareness anyway. It might well be but we don't know that - and presumably neither does kirolak.

kirolak likes this.
  7. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I'm sorry you are saddened by my response, but my question is valid. What you are experiencing may be hallucinations brought on by your injury, or they may be visions of other dimensions or the afterlife, or the like. Since you had a head injury, your brain, your optic nerve(s), your retina(s), etc., might have been damaged. I would think that you went to hospital at the time of your injury, to be checked by doctors, but I don't know because you didn't say. In my opinion, you first need to eliminate such medical issues as the cause of your visions, and if doctors give you the all-clear in that regard, then it is more likely that the visions are more spiritual/supernatural in nature.

8. kirolak

kirolak New Member

Fair enough :) I have had MRI & CT scans - all normal, although I have always suffered from Hemiplegic Migraine, which involves paralysis of my right leg and arm, but not an actual headache.

9. kirolak

kirolak New Member

Interesting re the numbers, as I often see rows of numbers scrolling as well. I do have psychic awareness, not as much as some, but to my own satisfaction, I am aware of other dimensions. I can't seem to reach my departed partner, though - I seem to doubt myself in this case.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

In case it's of any interest to you..... The starter for my thread on a website elsewhere.

[​IMG] psychics, sensitives and mediums

[​IMG] by mac on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 am

comments welcomed

Mediums

Certain mediums convey the words and teachings of spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Such guidance is not personal and applies to humankind generally. In the past, details about the nature of life after death, and the dimensions in which we live, have been communicated in just such a way. Guides and teachers often say they have experienced life on earth.

Another form of mediumship is that of ‘channelling’. This appears very similar to that described above. It is said that certain channelled information may come from individuals who have not lived on earth.

When any information is passed on in these way, there is always a risk of colouration from the mind of the medium or channeller. The more developed is the relationship between source and medium, the better can be the avoidance of colouration – bias, prejudice, belief etc. – being picked up from the medium.

Other mediums, such as are found in Modern Spiritualism, act as ‘go-betweens’. They act both for their ‘sitters’ and those in the unseen world wishing to connect with them. Such an evidential medium may pass on messages from one to the other. She/he will often use methods such as clairvoyance (seeing, describing) and clairaudience (hearing) to acquire evidence of identification and to learn personal details which authenticate the source of a message.

Sensitives

A ‘sensitive’ is someone who is able to detect the presence of ‘unseen’ individuals in other dimensions of existence. The individuals detected may, or may not, have once lived on this earth. Hence one description of dimensions of existence may not correspond with others. Sensitives may make contact with those they are detecting – speaking to and hearing - but if they don’t act as a ‘go-between’ they would not be termed mediums. Any guidance would be for the benefit of the sensitive.

Psychics

Psychics may also be able to detect the presence of ‘unseen’ individuals in other dimensions of existence or they may simply sense and read the aura of those sitting with them or passing close by. They do not act as a ‘go-between’ and do not necessarily communicate with those they detect psychically. A psychic may, though, use her/his personal skills and abilities to counsel a sitter who has approached her/him for advice on personal matters.

Psychics can not exactly predict the future any more than mediums or sensitives, although it may appear that they can…