1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

climate, environment et al

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Sep 27, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

From what's been taught by those considered highly spiritually evolved our world was created for us humans to learn from experiences here. For now it is conjecture whether our friends unseen would intervene if the earth were threatened with destruction. And it's debatable what would constitute destruction or a level of damge that might bring about intervention - if that could happen effectively enough to prevent catastrophe. Let's join in silent prayer that we never find that out.

But consider the threats this world faces presently, not necessarily leading to its destruction but resulting in changes that would massively impact every aspect of life - the many negative aspects of climate change, rapidly increasing pollution, extreme deforestation, carbon dioxide and methane release adding to already escalating warming leading to unprecedentedly rapid ice caps melting with inevitable rising of sea-levels, unprecedented population growth - they're just a few I was able to list without giving them much thought. Our world's eco systems could be so severely compromised that 'normal life' would become something very different from anything we know now.

Those are all concerns I now constantly have for this world and many will share my worries. Humankind may not be up to making changes in time to avoid catastrophe of an unimaginable magnitude. It may already be too late to avoid the impact on the lives of our children and grandchildren and their children and grandchildren, then on an on for generations to come. Not destruction of this world but changes so profound we can scarcely guess at their eventual magnitude.

I've just read a novel that caught my imagination. It tells of a future time 1000 years after apocalypse just a few years in the near future. This world had changed, our present the ancient history of that future time. A world changed by events that are presently beyond the horizon - just beyond it.

The story is fiction but the event leading to the 'apocalypse' in that story may not be that far-fetched. It begs the question "Could those in the so-called spirit world actually prevent, or ameliorate, damage to our world sufficient to prevent a catastrophe?"

Unless there's a precedent my suggestion is that our friends unseen can only guess.

2. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Unfortunately, climate change is just another religion these days. I for one am happy to hear that the alarmists are way off in their predictions. It's a shame to see kids being dragged into this debate and scaring the heck out of them with stories of devastation within 10 years or less.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

A further issue mentioned by Mikey is that of children.

It has to be acknowledged that the majority of humans are hard wired to reproduce, the spiritual aspect being that this physical dimension was created to enable spirits to incarnate here. But if we continue the way we are then the projected 9 billion global population will bring major difficulties that link into this overall discussion about climate and environment.

Today's problems are unprecedented as far as we can tell. They may get resolved in ways we can't anticipate but the world may have to take its own actions to deal with the problems such a massive population will bring - already we can see some of those problems developing rapidly. Not all news is fake news and much news is alarming.

bluebird likes this.