1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

climate change

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by innerperson, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Looks like India's PM wants to go nuclear. Very promising. :)

2. mac

mac Staff Member

That's political - no comment.

3. innerperson

innerperson New Member

There seems to be a double standard here. No problem.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

But there is a problem. You're effectively criticising me for applying double-standards but I reject your implication. I try hard to apply the 'no politics' rule to everyone - me included.

You referred above to a specific political figure - the Prime Minister of India - and a political decision, the country going nuclear. I responded "That's political - no comment."

For you, and for anyone else who does not remember it, I'll explain the background to the 'no politics, no religion discussions' rule. Firstly please remember this is Roberta's website, she pays the bill and she decides the policy and rules on her website.

A couple of years back discussions involving specific politicians became very heated and the thread was closed as members grew increasingly exercised and outspoken. Roberta decided that in future there would be no more conversations/debates about politics and politicians. I don't remember if there had been a similar situation involving religion but the same rule applies.

I trust this adequately explains the situation.

5. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Yes, you are absolutely applying double standards. You decided that it is perfectly fine to talk about countries which are governed by politicians and enact climate change policies for political reasons.

You think not mentioning them is really avoiding politics?

I can't mention Al Gore because he was a politician even though he is one of the biggest proponents of climate change. I can't mention India's PM talking about going nuclear because he is politician.

This is just silly and people are not going to want to have any discussions .

I'll go back to reading Carol and Mikey's thread. No Problem.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Your retort - "No Problem" - shows you're simply frustrated you can't get your own way.

A course of action is open now to you. Ask Roberta if by applying her website rules in the way I have she agrees with you that I've applied double standards.

If am I'll stand corrected.

7. innerperson

innerperson New Member

Your response shows you are incapable of self reflection.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I've reflected long about the way I try to apply Roberta's rules. If I've done it wrong then I'll accept the decision and change my approach.

Is that sufficient self-reflection to satisfy you?

9. innerperson

innerperson New Member

This response shows you are upset. How about we just stop it right now. You killed this discussion. I have no interest in continuing with you Mac. I believe you think you are doing the correct thing.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

You are free, of course, to believe whatever you say you believe about me but I know I'm trying to do the correct thing by applying the 'no politics' rule of this website. You seem determined not to accept that rule.

I have killed only your continued attempts to refer to politicians or political matters. This subject is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.