1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Clearing Spirits

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Mark-F, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mark-F

Mark-F New Member

Hi
    I am new to the forum.

I recently had negative spirits in my home and decided to clear them. Long story short... Through meditation i connected with them... opened a door of light and got them to pass through. While i did this i was white lighting the house.
    But i have found that white lighting has acted like a beacon for more spirits to come into my home. Maybe my intent was not clear enough.

I have been on a spiritual path for about 20 years now and have dealt with a lot of energy work and healing. I always had a fear of dealing with spirits so avoided it. It seems to me now that it is something i have to work on.
    I don't know a lot about dealing with spirits and was wondering if anyone can steer me in a direction with either books or websites where i can gain some knowledge, so I'm not walking into this blindfolded.

Regards
    Mark

2. mac

mac helper Staff Member

I can't help directly but based on what you've told us I'm not initially comfortable with your trying to learn what you need to learn from books or online websites.

I'm a long-time Modern Spiritualist and although I am not trying to get you to go down that route in our movement folk perhaps like yourself can sit in development circles/groups to learn how to have more control of their attributes. Something similar elsewhere would also work fine.

From what I remember of my earlier time it appears to me that you need to learn how to 'close down' hence limiting contact with unwanted discarnates. You were visible from the outset but by acknowledging their presence you've encouraged and invited others and appear to be unable to 'switch off' from them. It is possible to learn how to do it by yourself but it's something where a competent practitioner - say a medium - would be of immense help because the technique is an early part of developing for mediumship.

I don't know if there are Spiritualist churches close to where you live or indeed whether similar services are to be found elsewhere near where you live. As I said in no way am I pushing Spiritualism and I hope other members may have alternative suggestions but I do feel that practical help would be immensely beneficial.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Hi Mark! I would agree with Mac - I think that if you can get the help of local Spiritualists who have some experience in this area that would be ideal, since negative entities are not to be messed with. And this is especially true if you feel that whatever you have been doing is attracting more of them!

4. Mark-F

Mark-F New Member

Thanks for the replies
    I am in a country town so finding people to talk to and learn from is limited.
    I know i can learn through meditation and practice but was hoping to find some pointers on potential mistakes.
    I do truly understand what you are saying, but finding someone locally is difficult.
    I will keep searching though, because i know some people with certain gifts don't openly talk about things like this in smaller towns.

Mark

5. mac

mac helper Staff Member

I sympathise with your situation and agree such attributes don't necessarily get talked about openly. It's tough when there's not an obvious place to visit. In the UK our local weekly newspaper has a 'Diary Dates' section where my local Spiritualist church/centre (I don't use it incidentally) advertises events.

You might check your own local paper for something similar and/or take a look online for local or national organisations. Something/someone might help you look elsewhere if you don't initially find exactly what you're looking for.

6. bill zola

bill zola New Member

I recently found this site after the death of the love of my life and I thank everyone here.
    I have had three encounters with dark energies. I will mention one here. They all occurred when I was in a spiritual struggle and depression so I was open to outside lower energies IMO feeding off of my depression.
    I had gotten divorced and was staying in our home until Iwe sold the house. It was late at night, we had a long hallway, and something ran up the hallway and threw itself into my bedroom door. 3 times! Than it went thru the door, without opening it, and landed like a heavy object, at the foot of the bed. I was paralyzed with fear, lying on my stomache I could not move. This dark entity was pushing at my feet. The trees outside looked like a hurricane, swaying wildly back and forth.
    My grandmother (long since dead) appeared and held my arm and told me to let go. I did and was pushed forward and don't remember anything else.