1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Clear vivid dream

Discussion in 'Dreams and Visitations' started by chrisp19, Dec 25, 2018.

1. chrisp19

chrisp19 New Member

Hi all!

Merry Christmas..
    I need some thoughts on a dream I had last night please. Some background I was extremely close to my grandparent, specially my grandfather. He died of a heart attack almost 20 years ago. Last night I had a dream that didn’t feel like a dream . It took place in a parking lot, everything was crystal clear though, normally my eyes are blurry or I am unable to speak . This dream my grandfather walked right towards me with a huge smile and started speaking right away. He said how are you ? As he was speaking we walked into each other hugging and as we both hit the floor I asked , why he was here and if he was trying to give me a sign . That’s when I woke up. He looked great! Happy and exactly as I remember him.

I’m wondering how do you tell if it was a visit or a normal everyday dream. The feeling was different but just curious if that was my subconscious.

Thanks

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome crisp19! And yes, that does have some of the indications of a visitation dream. The test, though, is whether it remains vivid in your mind; if it does remain as vivid after a few days - and even long after that - then you can assume it was your granddad reaching out to you!

Jen_always_Jen, lybg and mac like this.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Have you remembered it very vividly, chrisp19? Your dream sounds unusual because in it you asked why he was here and if he was trying to give you a sign, because ordinarily dreams are often more of a jumble of images, very quickly forgotten on waking. I had a dream "in real time" and yes, it was quite an experience, so I understand how you must feel about it.

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

It was a visitation dream in the astral realm. The vividness, the atmosphere that was created.. definitely a visitation. We do these kinds of visits with our loved ones and guides all of the time when we sleep. You’re lucky to have remembered yours :)

Inquisitive and lybg like this.
  5. innerperson

innerperson Member

I posted this in another thread, but it probably should have gone here.

I needed some time to process what exactly happened even though I had it happen when my grandfather died over 10 years ago.

I remember knowing it was my grandmother but she didn't look like my grandmother. She was very bright and I couldn't really say there was even a form to her. I just knew it was her. I think I even tried to cup her face within my hands. I felt overcome with some intense feelings. I want to say it was a feeling of love but this was so intense and not something I have ever experienced before. It was like my body was exploding from the feelings. It is kind of hard to describe. Looking back, I did experience it when my grandfather came to me upon his death. It was so intense that I couldn't hold back the emotions which is probably why I woke up in tears.

Then I woke up and said holy crap. haha

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019