1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes of Character After Death?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by georgek, Jan 23, 2017.

1. georgek

georgek Member

I am also a researcher and do a lot of EVP work.

Family members who have passed on, I sometimes get messages on my video camera.

This is more or less a sure way of hearing what is spoken.

I find it unusual that there is no excitement or emotion?
    Personally if I had returned from the dead, I would be ecstatic of letting my loved ones know that I am okay.

Yet my EVPS are dreary and cannot be bothered so to speak

2. mac

mac senior contributor

Have you asked them if they feel emotion and, if so, why they can't convey it? Perhaps it's the effect of the medium they're having to use? It's hardly conducive to free flow of language I'd imagine.

3. georgek

georgek Member

Hmmm....
    It is a little like missing a train when you do EVPS. The messages although clear, tend to be short and at twice the speed. Problem is getting the same person back again.

I would be interested on your elaboration on this point?

The reason why I ask, is that the EVPS I receive are strong and clear.

With the greatest of respect, I notice that many what I have come across on YouTube are terrible.
    EVPS with me, are with abundance.

Are you saying that my EVPS (although blant are using my energy and that perhaps the output is based on (how can I put this?) my energy state?
    So are you saying that they may be using MY energy to come through?

4. mac

mac senior contributor

No to the questions in your last paragraph.

EVP is a well-known, greatly used and studied technique. It should be independent of your personal energy state as it uses mechanical/electronic equipment. It's in the use of this equipment that the expression of emotion may be constrained, don't you think?

It's not my specialty but perhaps you could ask your contacts about the points I've raised?

5. mac

mac senior contributor

When I mentioned (quote) "the medium" I was meaning the electronic medium they use to make contact - I wasn't referring to a human 'medium'. :)

6. mac

mac senior contributor

My approach is that communication through mediumship should have a purpose be that evidential, philosophical or healing mediumship. The more effective it is the better it is and the mode of the mediumship isn't that important to me.

7. georgek

georgek Member

I am not sure exactly how that may refer to myself?

Putting it a better way, are you saying that mediumship has to be there before EVPS can happen?

Ooops I think you may have answered this one with the electronic medium but what about the human medium?;)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  8. mac

mac senior contributor

I wasn't referring to you personally. EVP is not my field - how do you see the situation?

9. georgek

georgek Member

Well;) I thought you may have got a 'gem' here?
    Throughout my observations with EVPS, and having listened to other people's EVPS I noticed an inconsistancy.

Theirs are inferior whilst mine are stronger. If my girlfriend does the EVPS, nothing happens although it happens every time with me.

If I leave the house and walk round the block, nothing is recorded...only whilst I am there.

I can leave my recorder about twenty yards away and I will still pick something up.

As a psychic, my power is awesome.

You made me think for a moment when you referred to an electronic medium....as I thought about myself instead.

I recon THEY are using my power to allow spirit voices to be recorded

This open many doorways.
    As the questions are poised as to how they do it and what effect has it on the person medium?

10. mac

mac senior contributor

EVP requires the presence of a human physical medium. Emilio Bacci is one well-known and remarkable example of such an individual, his EVP work having been carried out over several decades.

In the field of mediumship generally, physical mediumship has always been less common than the various forms of mental mediumship.

ITC - instrumental transdimensional communication - can occur even without the presence of a physical medium.

Incidentally we had a long discussion here last spring/summer about so-called ITC with Stations, a means for regular folk to contact their loved ones without the need for a (human) medium.

11. georgek

georgek Member

This explains a lot to me, yet I am interested why some people get better EVPS than others?

We go through life, never really caring but accept things when they happen.
    As they happen, we think that others experience these things on the same scale? Well this is what I have always thought?

Many years ago, I assumed that EVPS were just radio waves from the oscillator section of an amplifier, picking up stray signals?

On was on one occasion that I visited The Galleries of Justices in Nottingham to try and photograph ghosts. I spent a good two hours setting up my video camera in the main gallery and I got this:-

If you carefully watch the video and turn up your volume, you will first notice an orb tavelling from top left and striking the judge's bench.

If you listen on your speakers, you will here a 'click' as the orb hits the bench and bounces off.

That to me, was too much of a coincidence and whilst the orb may be proof enough to some people, the actual 'crack' as it strikes the bench and bounces off, indicates a certain velocity and validates a real object with energy.

This prompted me to do more serious research by having ten minute recording vituals and to listen whether there was anything more at my house.

I soon realised that voices would manifest, (although about twice the speed) and that these voices were far more superior to all the EVPS I had ever heard. It promted me to ask, whether my own mediumship talenrs may be the reason for this?

Before having this conversation with you, I assumed it was just attraction, but never raelised that I may have to be involved.

George

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  12. mac

mac senior contributor

A very reasonable desire to know, I'd say. Might be hard, though, finding those reasons when we barely comprehend what happens in the first place!

I'm sure you're right that some others think everyone else feels much the same as they do. I don't recall ever feeling that way and I certainly don't feel that way now. Maybe it's the age thing, maybe it's my own weirdness, maybe it's just because we're different from one another- who knows?

And that's a worthy sceptical starting point....

I was at one of the Scole public demonstrations when what looked like a small ball of light made a similar sound as it seemingly went straight through the top of a solid, wooden table.

your 'awakening' in effect....

Who knows the exact reason(s) but if you're getting significantly better results than other physical mediums then it does appear you have something useful for manifesting the electronic voice phenomenon, EVP. Further experimentation may yield different, maybe better, results.

As with all kinds of mediumship, attributes not found in everyone appear to be involved.
    Yes you likely have an attraction inasmuch as our discarnate friends detect in you the potential for using you to reach out for whatever reason they may have. Perhaps only to reach you yourself but maybe for other purposes.

13. georgek

georgek Member

Interesting points!

14. milahanna

milahanna Member

I recorded and picked up something. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to upload it here.

15. Jonathan Hallberg

Jonathan Hallberg New Member

ON POINT~

16. mac

mac senior contributor

You're a man of few words....