1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Can you have what all you want in the afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

After reading several books on the afterlife and what it's like,I find it hard to believe the part where your thoughts can make things like landscapes houses cars etc.For example if I was to imagine my perfect house I'd woulndt be totally clear in my mind just a vauge idea not like a real video or photo .so if this was the case my question is what fills in the blanks that your mind is missing. It sounds to convenient to be true.

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh my dear, there is A LOT about life after death that seems much too good to be true! I had considerable trouble with that for years; it was a primary reason why I did so much more research, long after I had it mostly figured out. I mean, if you are at a reasonable development level and you find that you miss something from earth, just turn around and you will see it there! Wha?? How is that possible? And WHY??

Well, the How seems to be that our greater minds are powerful. They are part of the energy that continuously manifests this universe, after all! And the Why is simple. Love. We are meant to recover from our most recent earth-lifetime, and giving us whatever we miss will help us to get beyond missing anything. Whatever question you might ever have about the afterlife, the answer is going to be simple. Love.

Nirvana and Storybud68 like this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Over and over here on ALF I've referred to the pointlessness of considering issues that puzzle in isolation from everything else that can help explain them.

Right here, right now in this physical dimension, in your physical body and constrained in your thinking by the ignorance that we all labor under and the CPU we have to drive us - our brain - you are struggling to make sense of what you're reading about. When you are free from those constraints who knows what you will be able to picture using your mind? You have no concept - it seems - of how different you'll be, how differently you'll be able to see and perceive.

The books you have read appear to have failed to give you even a glimpse of the wonder of the world(s) that follow (and indeed precede) this world. Don't you think you need to change tack?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    pandora97, Kurt and Storybud68 like this.
  4. Monika

Monika Active Member

If you have just a vague idea of your perfect dream house i guess this is where an architect would help you :) i am an architect in my life and i know ill be architect in afterlife. Because why not? If i love what i am doing why i should stop doing this. My husband Michel is my best knowledge guide and he is doing now same what he loved to do here. I trust him completely and when i get answer from him i dont have additional questions for the same topic. But some time ago i found such words written by Jurgen Ziewe: "Building structures such as houses, still demands focus and concentration and we will find there is still a call for architects and builders and any possible trade who find it easier, simply because their minds have been habituated and skilled by the experience of their learned profession to manifest".
    I would say we carry on our profession and abilities and if it was true call of the heart we continue doing what we love or we learn new things which we wanted to learn here but did not for some reasons. Michel had a wish to be a perfumer when he finnished school but those studies in France were too expensive. I bet he can learn this there. Someone has to create those often mentioned undiscribable sences and smells in the afterlife :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Bill Z likes this.
  5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thanks a lot for all your views there greatly appreciated,I would like to think we would have professions in the after life.I would love to be a professional sports person if I could ,on the other side.its probably just wishful thinking but no harm in dreaming.

Kurt and Monika like this.
  6. mac

One thing that would prevent it is that there are no professions.... You could play sport 'over-there' but with nobody to pay you - and nothing to pay you with anyway - you wouldn't be a professional. But you could become as skillful as a professional might be seen to be here but would that be the same?

No physical challenges there, the personal ability to control your local environment would leave you exactly where in terms of accomplishment? You could work on your creative ability, learn to do something you can't do here such as becoming a pianist or an artist etc. Or develop skills in helping others.

Kurt likes this.
  7. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Yes indeed mac that sounds wonderful ,I would so.love it to be true ,it would be so good to try things we never got the chance to here.

Kurt likes this.
  8. mac

All I can tell you, David, is that accounts from those who we 'non-doubters' see as authentic and authoritative tell us something similar to what I've written. My story is not verbatim but based on what we've been told. It's me who's written the words here but it's not me telling the story. I'm just re-telling it to the best of my limited ability....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

You can accomplish anything I mean literally ANYTHING you put your mind to.

That's a lesson I keep learning again and again.

10. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Could Storybud68 choose to reincarnate AS a professional athlete?

11. mac

It's always a possibility if such individuals still exist in this world's future.

Kurt likes this.
  12. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

I would love to be a professional athlete

Kurt likes this.
  13. mac

If you still feel the same after you've passed over, if there are still professional sportsters in our world when you're ready to reincarnate, if you can orchestrate all the links necessary to enable you to become a professional sport player, maybe then that's what you'll do. :)

And why not? :)

Kurt likes this.