1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Can the spirit of the deceased be contacted if it has reincarnated?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by EddieRay, Oct 6, 2018.

1. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

A man named Walter Simkiw published a list of celebrities alive today and who they are the reincarnation of. Sorry, I don't have his website link in front of me. I found it in a Jeffrey Mishlove interview (New Thinking Allowed, youtube). I believe he gets his info from an ancient Egyptian priest.

Walter says Thomas A. Edison has reincarnated as Elon Musk.

However, in the Scoles experiments one of the "spirit team" was Edison, who provided a schematic on film for a device that would enhance communication between the spiritual and material realm.

Those experiments were conducted in the late 1990's when Musk was alive.

Set aside the question of veracity of Scoles and Simkiw for a moment and assume both claims are true. Is it even possible that Edison's spirit was contacted even as he is reincarnated as Musk? I imagine that, if so, it might happen while Musk is asleep and perhaps dreams he is Edison. Your thoughts?

Btw, Simkiw also published the story of the chess game between a then-living grandmaster Viktor Korchnoi and deceased grandmaster Geza Maroczy. Maroczy played White and lost in a Winawer variation of the French Defense. The game took 7 years to complete, with Robert Rollans as the medium using automatic handwriting. Analysis of the game concluded both sides indeed played at grandmaster level with White (Maroczy) playing an older style for his time.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Do you believe Simkiw is correct in his assertions? If so, why do you think he is?

What do you know about reincarnation?

3. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

I don't know if Simkiw is correct. I only know what I've read about children's past life memories and how psychologists have resolved patients' issues through past life regressions.

But if you please, just assume Simkiw and Scoles are correct for a moment and ponder the posted question.

4. mac

I
    OK - no it's not possible - it's fantasy.

5. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

It does seem to me that the two references to Edison are mutually exclusive but what do I know? Hence the question.

So if Mr. Smith died 50 years ago and has reincarnated as Mr. Jones, there is no contacting the spirit of Mr. Smith. That seems logical to me but still wondering if there's anything close to consensus.

6. mac

A spirit that has animated any two human forms in different times will be the same spirit but the incarnate characters it animated will be different.

If you were able to contact that animating spirit it would be the one animating Mr Jones. The composite human - spirit and body - Mr Smith no longer exists hence couldn't be reached.

7. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

What should it matter whether or not a spirit is incarnated? I mean, we're all spirits; some of us here in bodies, some not. If a seance were conducted to try to reach me, i might percieve that (if at all) as ESP during my waking hours. If I'm asleep, it might just be an odd dream to me.

8. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Who would try to reach you if you weren't incarnated at some point? o_O

9. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

I don't know. Maybe they think I'm dead. It's hypothetical anyway. Basically why should it be that only those who are alive can contact only those who are dead?

10. mac

That's not exactly the case. Sensitives have reported that they have contacted the animating spirit of humans unable to communicate - eg individuals in a persistent vegetative state

EddieRay likes this.
  11. mac

It's a possibility that can't be ruled out but essentially there would be no meaningful communication at a conscious level so how would either incarnate or discarnate know what was happening?

12. pandora97

Mac, have you read or heard of anyone contacting the animating spirit of a person, especially a child with severe disabilities that is non-verbal?

13. mac

Yes but when I've tried to pursue the matter, to get more detail and understanding of the situation, I've ended up down a blind alley.

It's a topic I raised in a number of places a few years back without significant success. Perhaps anyone who had done what I was asking about didn't want to share their experiences in public.

14. pandora97

That's a shame. :( How valuable that ability would be, especially if shared...…..

15. mac

absolutely my own view too

16. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Sonia Rinaldi in Brazil is doing this routinely. She contacts both nonverbal people and also people whose bodies are in comas.

17. mac

Have these accounts been documented and translated into English, Roberta?

18. pandora97

Mac, check out AREI...….not sure of other cases but have to leave for work now. I'll look more later.:)

19. mac

thanks - I read the 'Malu' communication which was very interesting albeit in a format hard to read.

It seems Sonia has the telepathic ability needed for success and the confidence to use it. Perhaps there's more mileage in encouraging mediums to work with individuals unable to communicate conventionally rather than trying to establish communication with discarnates?

As an aside, although I used to have my doubts I'm now persuaded such communication is authentic. What it doesn't show, however, is that the communication is with the animating spirit of an individual. It's simply - if that word can ever apply in such cases - telepathic communication.

That may be a distinction without a difference in practical terms, however.... ;)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  20. pandora97

Just imagine how much we could improve the care and lives of these children with severe disabilities that are unable to communicate! I see so many of them and it breaks my heart:(